Ahsoka D+ Show (Spoiler Thread)

Jedijax719

The Filoniverse movie needed to be the one to be fast tracked and released first. It's fresh and current. They could set up that movie, then go back to the Dawn of Jedi movie to tell an origin backstory that relates. Then, after (hopefully) SW gets back on track and builds intrigue and mystery, do the Rey movie with "loose ends" remaining from the other two (maybe Thrawn is still alive, maybe the Witches have gone into hiding and return, maybe Rey's student(s) are descendents of something introduced in the Filoni and Dawn movie(s).)

MoonRakerSCM

I hadn't really considered that. Multiple timelines being released at the same time will confuse the casual audience. For some its hard enough to follow as it is... but Disney doesnt care if their mindset is only the content must flow...

Jedijax719

With the Rey movie allegedly written and coming first, I don't see any way it will be connected to Filoni verse UNLESS they hint at something and have a sequel to it.

MoonRakerSCM

I guess when we had the sequels, it was a main story line and then 2 films about aort of a 1 off story... but with mandoverse now its own whole thing that the public has been following across multiple years and multiple shows... its no longer just a one off.

Jedijax719

I guess when we had the sequels, it was a main story line and then 2 films about aort of a 1 off story... but with mandoverse now its own whole thing that the public has been following across multiple years and multiple shows... its no longer just a one off.
That may have been what made people crazy. One big storyline and two other stories that were not related. By the time we got to Solo, nobody cared.

But for SW, if we had the Rey story there could be hints at some connection to the Filoniverse. Then have the Filoni movie (or two if needed) that fleshes out what we've been seeing on the shows. Then, if there is some mythology or ancient entity (ehem-Witches-ehem), then have that be part of the Jedi origins. THEN, when all 3 have been released, go back to have a sequel to the Rey story that puts the mysterious connection to the forfront.

Whether Kennedy had been listening to fan complaints or not, we can almost be guaranteed that Filoni and Favreau have.

Hawkeye_2018

I'd say that's fair. Mando season 3 and Ashoka I go back and forth on as far as what's better. I would put Ashoka ahead of Boba and obi-wan for sure.
I thought there was a huge drop off with season 3 of Mando. Which you combine that with a pretty mid season of Ashoka and I'm not feeling that great about the future of SW right now.

erasure fan1

I thought there was a huge drop off with season 3 of Mando. Which you combine that with a pretty mid season of Ashoka and I'm not feeling that great about the future of SW right now.
That's why I go back and forth. Mando 3 had it's ups and downs but Ashoka didn't stick the landing in my opinion. I'm not sure if star wars actually has a direction at the moment. I'll believe the movies they sort of announced are actually coming when they're behind cameras.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom