Ah crap, you sunk my amusement park...

JimboJones123

Original Poster
Another hypothetical.

For all those years, imagineers were wrong.

All four parks WERE built on sink holes!!! And they are sinking fast!!!

There is only time to save three attractions from each park and transfer them to the new park land to be named later.

Your mission, should you choose to sacrifice the entire rest of each of the parks, is to decide what would be the most important attractions to keep.

Thankfully with new technology, that know about, even the largest of attractions like Everest and even the WDW Railroad can be saved.

But remember, only three from each park. These do not have to be limited to rides. If you think the talking trashcan, or Off Kilter, or Flame Tree BBQ are the most important to you, by all means save them.

Although the three mountains are cool, would you let CoP go?? What about the Castle?? You could always build a better castle thouch, couldn't you??? Is SSE to iconic to let go, or would it be too out of place to put anywhere else but Epcot?

All four parks,
Will be gone, you see.
What to save?
From each pick three.

monkeysammich

Another worthy challenge.

How best to keep the Disney magic with only 12 attractions?

Let's see...

Cinderella's Castle
Space Mountain
Haunted Mansion
Spaceship Earth
The Seas
The Maelstrom
Tower of Terror
Muppets 3-d
Toy Story Midway Mania
The Tree of Life
Everest
Kilimanjaro Safaris (+ all the animals!)

preludevtec01

For me...

Epcot
1. SSE
2. The Land Pavlion
3. TT :lookaroun

Animal Kingdom
1. EE
2. KS
2. Dinosaur

MK
1. TTA
2. Space Mountain
3. HM

Hollywood
1. TSM
2. TT
3. Monorail (Ill put that here) :ROFLOL:

sublimesting

Another hypothetical.

For all those years, imagineers were wrong.

All four parks WERE built on sink holes!!! And they are sinking fast!!!

There is only time to save three attractions from each park and transfer them to the new park land to be named later.

Your mission, should you choose to sacrifice the entire rest of each of the parks, is to decide what would be the most important attractions to keep.

Thankfully with new technology, that know about, even the largest of attractions like Everest and even the WDW Railroad can be saved.

But remember, only three from each park. These do not have to be limited to rides. If you think the talking trashcan, or Off Kilter, or Flame Tree BBQ are the most important to you, by all means save them.

Although the three mountains are cool, would you let CoP go?? What about the Castle?? You could always build a better castle thouch, couldn't you??? Is SSE to iconic to let go, or would it be too out of place to put anywhere else but Epcot?

All four parks,
Will be gone, you see.
What to save?
From each pick three.

Oooh a puzzle:confused:.
OK, I have this figured out:

First take the MK across the sinkhole.
Come back and take EPCOT over.
Bring the MK back and take AK over, leaving MK with HS.
Now take HS across and come back for the MK.
Take MK across and there you have it. All 4 parks saved in their entirety!:sohappy:

SirGoofy

If I have to take 3 from each it would be:

MK
Haunted Mansion
Big Thunder Mountain
Jungle Cruise
Mickey's Philharmagic*
it's a small world*

Epcot
American Adventure
Mission Space
Space Ship Earth

Hollywood Studios
Tower of Terror
Muppet Vision

DAK
Expedition Everest
Kilimanjaro Safaris

*Okay, I cheated a bit.

I would basically rebuild a MK style park.

Main Street
It would be a much more modern Main Street, themed like the American Waterfront area of TDS. The attractions would be a rethemed Tower of Terror, and Muppet Vision.

Adventureland
Expedition Everest
Jungle Cruise
Kilimanjaro Safaris

Liberty Square
American Adventure
Haunted Mansion

Frontierland
Big Thunder Mountain

Tomorrowland
Mission Space
Spaceship Earth

Fantasyland
Mickey's Philharmagic
it's a small world

Fantasmic

Magic Kingdom:

1. Splash Mountain
2. Haunted Mansion
3. The Jungle Cruise

Epcot:
1. Spaceship Earth
2. Horizons
3. Journey into Imagination

(I am assuming it can be any rides, since we're making a new sink hole free park!)

MGM:
1. Tower of Terror
2. Fantasmic!
3. Toy Story Mania

Animal Kingdom:
1. Finding Nemo the Musical
2. Expedition Everest
3. Dinosaur

:cool:

Chrononymous

Ok to save the 12 attractions that I would miss the most...

(assuming that I can still go to Disneyland whenever I want! Hey...they were smart enough to not build in a sinkhole!)
I have to choose based on uniqueness

MK
Splash Mountain
HM
Country Bears

(all three superior to the DL versions)

DHS
ToT
Sci Fi Drive in
RnR coaster

DAK
Finding Nemo the Musical
EE
Festival of thr Lion King
(I also assume that conservationists would save all the animals from sinking! So I won't worry about them!)

EPCOT
Spaceship Earth
Ellen's Energy adventure

and the Monorail...I would HAVE to save the Monorail!

I would mourn the loss of all the great resorts. Especially the Boardwalk, PO and Wilderness...but I imagine they would be rebuilt.

I would have to save...

Magic Kingdom:
Haunted Mansion
Pirates of the Caribbean
Big Thunder Mountain

Animal Kingdom:
Tree of Life
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Expedition Everest

Epcot:
Spaceship Earth
Test Track
The Seas

Hollywood Studios:
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
Toy Story Mania
Beauty and the Beast

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Magic Kingdom

Haunted Mansion
Philhar Magic
Pirates of the Caribbean

Epcot

Spaceship Earth
Soarin
Maelstrom

DHS

Tower of Terror
Muppets 3D
One Mans Dream

Animal Kingdom

Dinosaur
Everest
Its Tough to be a Bug

_Scar

MK:
Splash Mountain
Haunted Mansion
Cinderella's Castle

Epcot:
The Seas- with Nemo and Friends
The Land Pavillion
Spaceship Earth

DHS:
The Great Movie Ride
Toy Story Midway Mania
Rock'n'Roller Coaster

DAK:
Expedition Everest
Tree of Life
DINOSAUR

Honarable Mentions: Kilamanjaro Safaris, MuppetVision, Philharmagic, BatB Musical, Hall of Presidents, and Finding Nemo: The Musical

Three Resorts:
Grand Floridian
Contemporary
Animal Kingdom Lodge

Stitchanie

I'd have to go with

Magic Kingdom-
Pirates of the Caribbean
Splash Mountain
Space Mountain

Epcot -
Test Track
Spaceship Earth
Living with the Land

Animal Kingdom -
Expedition Everest
Kilimanjaro Safaris (with animals!)
It's Tough to be a Bug

DHS -
Fantasmic!
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
One Man's Dream and all of it's memorabilia

MK:
Splash Mountain
Haunted Mansion
Pirates of the Caribbean

Epcot:
Test Track
Mission Space
Spaceship Earth

DHS:
Tower of Terror
Fantasmic
Muppets 3D

AK:
Kilimanjaro
Dinosaur
Festival of the Lion King

JimboJones123

Original Poster
Here I go....

MK

Hall of Presidents -- I went on this show for the first time since I was 8 last month. I cried. Yeah. I did. Every American should be able to sit through this show, no matter which party is in office, and feel great national pride when you leave.

Casey's Corner -- You cannot beat being able to sit down in bleechers for 20 minutes, watch classic Disney cartoons (why is the company so ashamed of these things that you cannot find them anywhere any more?) and cool down or warm up, whichever the weather forces you to need the most.

Roy and Minnie Statue -- The unsung heroes that have been around from the beginning. They would be nobody without Walt and Mickey, but where would Walt and Mickey be without Roy and Minnie???

Rest -- This would be much harder if it were Disneyland. There is not much that cannot be replaced better.

Epcot

The Fountian -- Dancing waters are seen at least 5 times every visit. You cannot help but look and smile. I would add the fountain at the front of the park as a second, but since the gravestones have eliminated the glory of this fountain, it is almost forgetable these days.

Electric Umbrella -- No reason to keep the fountain if you cannot watch it. These two go hand and hand.

Living With The Land -- The only attraction that is very, very close to the original. Just finally bring back the song please!!!

Studios

The Hat -- Hated as it may be, it is still a beautiful piece of Disney. Much better than the crappy one at the DL hotel.

Dinosaur Gertie -- Very important piece of animated history.

One Mans Dream -- I have taken about a dozen people to this show since the Julie Andrews version was there, and each said that they were SO glad they took the 30 minutes out of their trip to experience this documentary.

Animal Kingdom

Safari -- Kill the robot elephant story though. This could be a perfect attraction if not for the unnecessary side story.

Camp Minnie Mickey Character Meet and Greet -- Best place to see the fab five and more. Nice and shaded. Would not mind characters all dressed in North American camping gear instead of Safari gear.

The slushie shop just over the bridge into Asia -- The only place on property that I found Vault slushies.

JimboJones123

Original Poster
Oooh a puzzle:confused:.
OK, I have this figured out:

First take the MK across the sinkhole.
Come back and take EPCOT over.
Bring the MK back and take AK over, leaving MK with HS.
Now take HS across and come back for the MK.
Take MK across and there you have it. All 4 parks saved in their entirety!:sohappy:
Very Nice :animwink:

rkelly42

MK: Cinderella's Castle, HM, Splash Mountain
Epcot: SSE, Mexico, The Land Pavillion
DHS: TT, RnR, Toy Story
AK: EE, KS, Tree of Life
DtD: T-Rex, World of Disney, Fultons ( just in case this was included)

rkelly42

Here I go....

MK

Hall of Presidents -- I went on this show for the first time since I was 8 last month. I cried. Yeah. I did. Every American should be able to sit through this show, no matter which party is in office, and feel great national pride when you leave.

Casey's Corner -- You cannot beat being able to sit down in bleechers for 20 minutes, watch classic Disney cartoons (why is the company so ashamed of these things that you cannot find them anywhere any more?) and cool down or warm up, whichever the weather forces you to need the most.

Roy and Minnie Statue -- The unsung heroes that have been around from the beginning. They would be nobody without Walt and Mickey, but where would Walt and Mickey be without Roy and Minnie???

Rest -- This would be much harder if it were Disneyland. There is not much that cannot be replaced better.

Epcot

The Fountian -- Dancing waters are seen at least 5 times every visit. You cannot help but look and smile. I would add the fountain at the front of the park as a second, but since the gravestones have eliminated the glory of this fountain, it is almost forgetable these days.

Electric Umbrella -- No reason to keep the fountain if you cannot watch it. These two go hand and hand.

Living With The Land -- The only attraction that is very, very close to the original. Just finally bring back the song please!!!

Studios

The Hat -- Hated as it may be, it is still a beautiful piece of Disney. Much better than the crappy one at the DL hotel.

Dinosaur Gertie -- Very important piece of animated history.

One Mans Dream -- I have taken about a dozen people to this show since the Julie Andrews version was there, and each said that they were SO glad they took the 30 minutes out of their trip to experience this documentary.

Animal Kingdom

Safari -- Kill the robot elephant story though. This could be a perfect attraction if not for the unnecessary side story.

Camp Minnie Mickey Character Meet and Greet -- Best place to see the fab five and more. Nice and shaded. Would not mind characters all dressed in North American camping gear instead of Safari gear.

The slushie shop just over the bridge into Asia -- The only place on property that I found Vault slushies.
Not going to argue with your choices, but how could you make cinderella's castle better. It is 1000x's better than sleeping beauties.

JimboJones123

Original Poster
Not going to argue with your choices, but how could you make cinderella's castle better. It is 1000x's better than sleeping beauties.

You must not have gone throught the latest Sleeping Beauty Walk-Through...

I spent nearly half an hour there in September.

Besides, I always get that "its stinky here" feeling when eating there.

_Scar

A whole half hour? I can just look in awe at Cinderella's Castle for an hour, especially with lights, without having the privelage of going inside. :lol:

rkelly42

Really, oh well I guess thats your opinion, just thought you might have been overlooking it.

Disneybear

MK:

Splash Mountain
Philharmagic
Haunted Mansion

I thought about Big Thunder but decided it would be better to build a new version similar to the one in Paris

Epcot:

Mission Space
Test Track
Spaceship Earth

Studios:

Tower of Terror
Indiana Jones Stunt Show
Rockin Roller Coaster

Animal Kingdom:

Everest
Tree of Life - ITTBAB
Kilamanjaro Safaris - plus the walking trails.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom