Afternoon Nap or Open to Close

disneysince71

For Many, Many years when we went to Disney we would go from park open to park close... 12-14 hours.. How ever long the parks where open... We packed the kids bathing suits so they could splash around in the fountains... or we would park hop to a Water park.. When we bought our first DVC points we continued to go at park open but now we go back to the room at lunch and take a nap before going back to the parks.
So my question is what does everyone else do... are you a Open to Close family... or a Afternoon Nap/pool family? :)

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Open the park. Do things until it gets crowded. Out after lunch. Rest, relax, maybe pool, maybe nap. Back to the parks around dinner.

So, we are open and close, but generally stay out from 1-5pm. We almost always are travelling during peak seasons so those hours of the day the park is just uncomfortable to be in and lines are not worth it!

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

If we don't stop mid day for a nap, pool time, relaxation, etc. - we cut out of the parks early in the evening-or pick a park with an earlier closing so we don't feel driven to stick it out longer than we should. My parents used to try to go from opening to close when we went as kids, but by the end of the day - we were all so crabby and tired...and it carried over into the next day. Soooooo, we decided to adopt the relaxing approach previously noted.

Upvote 0

disneysince71

Original Poster
If we don't stop mid day for a nap, pool time, relaxation, etc. - we cut out of the parks early in the evening-or pick a park with an earlier closing so we don't feel driven to stick it out longer than we should. My parents used to try to go from opening to close when we went as kids, but by the end of the day - we were all so crabby and tired...and it carried over into the next day. Soooooo, we decided to adopt the relaxing approach previously noted.
I am with you Chickie... we used to feel like we where not getting our moneys worth if we did not stay all day... And I would go home.. sleepy and grumpy (lol)... so now we just take it easy... much more relaxing for us... I think its great if others can go all day... especially if they are staying off site.. that has to be hard... But as for us we enjoy the down time :)

Upvote 0

Skibum1970

Our days of opening and closing the parks without rest are behind us. I still have the energy but my wife has learned the art of mid-afternoon naps. In all fairness, it does help with the late afternoon doldrums as well as dealing with the busiest part of the day. Plus, it is nice to get away from the crowds and slow things down for a bit. Added bonus is not being stuck in line during the hottest part of the day.

I still miss staying through and through.

Upvote 0

wild01ride

Open the park. Do things until it gets crowded. Out after lunch. Rest, relax, maybe pool, maybe nap. Back to the parks around dinner.

So, we are open and close, but generally stay out from 1-5pm. We almost always are travelling during peak seasons so those hours of the day the park is just uncomfortable to be in and lines are not worth it!

This is exactly what we do!

Forget waiting 90min. for whatever at 2 in the afternoon when it's 95degrees and 100% humidity.
We'll make the effort to get there at the crack of opening, then, when the wait time exceeds our patience - we're out!
Then, wander back in around dinner time, enjoy some attractions while others are eating, eat a late-ish dinner, catch the evening entertainment and close down the parks.

That's the best combination of "getting it all in" and "keeping things reasonable" that I can think of!

Upvote 0

PUSH

Go back to the resort. We don't necessarily nap, but just rest and relax. If I go at rope drop, which I normally do, I am burned out by noon or 1. I need to go back to the resort and take an hour to just sit and relax, whether it be the room, pool, food court, etc. Sometimes we will just find a nice relaxing show or ride to go on a couple of times and we are ready to keep going, but for the most part we head to the resort during the afternoon.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom