Afternoon Nap or Open to Close

disneysince71

For Many, Many years when we went to Disney we would go from park open to park close... 12-14 hours.. How ever long the parks where open... We packed the kids bathing suits so they could splash around in the fountains... or we would park hop to a Water park.. When we bought our first DVC points we continued to go at park open but now we go back to the room at lunch and take a nap before going back to the parks.
So my question is what does everyone else do... are you a Open to Close family... or a Afternoon Nap/pool family? :)

Gonzo79

We usually get to the parks about an hour or two after they open,but we always stay to close. On our trip last year we thought that we might have to go back to our resort for a break because we had our little one with us,but he just slept in his stroller and never fussed or got cranky, so we just stayed at the parks. I never know when we're going to be able to get to the world again,so when we're there,I like to do as much as possible.

Upvote 0

Plowboy

We usually "bug-out" for our room around 2:00. The wife watches a little tv (naps) and I go down to the pool and/or grab a beer and people watch or take a nap. We head back to the park about 5:00 refreshed and hit it hard until park closing. Then we go back to the room and collapse.

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
We used to rock those parks 'rope drop' to 'kick you out'.....Mostly multiple parks in one day --and of course water parks thrown in for good measure ;) .
We've slowed down a bit - Still the rope droppers (because for me there is no other way to really get to do and see what you want) but we actually see our rooms for things other than our evening resting place. Usually a change for dinner, a dip in the pool and sometimes a nap for my wife...although I did dose off once....JUST ONCE...but don't tell anyone.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

We used to rock those parks 'rope drop' to 'kick you out'.....Mostly multiple parks in one day --and of course water parks thrown in for good measure ;) .
We've slowed down a bit - Still the rope droppers (because for me there is no other way to really get to do and see what you want) but we actually see our rooms for things other than our evening resting place. Usually a change for dinner, a dip in the pool and sometimes a nap for my wife...although I did dose off once....JUST ONCE...but don't tell anyone.
Whit!!! Sleeping on duty! Tut Tut! ;)

Upvote 0

dave&di

I'm 35, my OH is 42, we always have a break in the middle of the day. We start the day at one park, after 4/5 hours we return to our resort where I personally take a nap of 1/2 to 1 hour. During this time my OH will either use the pool, looks around the resort or has dinner! We then shower and head out to our second park for the evening!

There is no way I can start the day at 7am, spend the whole day on my feet and finish the day at 10/11pm without a nap!!!!

Upvote 0

WDW 3

We used to go all day. Now we are there to relax. We only set the alarm if we have a tour scheduled and to be at HS for rope drop one day to get a fast pass for TS and ride if possible.
We head out, have breakfast somewhere. We like to find a new place if possible. About 3 or so we head back to the resort for a break/nap and DH likes to freshen up :) then we head back out until we are tired.

Upvote 0

littleroo

I'm 35, my OH is 42, we always have a break in the middle of the day. We start the day at one park, after 4/5 hours we return to our resort where I personally take a nap of 1/2 to 1 hour. During this time my OH will either use the pool, looks around the resort or has dinner! We then shower and head out to our second park for the evening!

There is no way I can start the day at 7am, spend the whole day on my feet and finish the day at 10/11pm without a nap!!!!

Well that made me feel better! I can't do it either. Almost everyday we are there, I will sleep for half an hour to an hour. There is no way we could stay in the parks all day and remain magical!:)

Upvote 0

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
We are park commandoes. We go hard until we go home. That being said, we have a day or two that are AK which closes earlier. This allows for some pool time and/ or a more relaxed pace of DTD in the evening. We also have at least one sit down meal every day, which is often a character meal. This gives us some mandatory down time to hydrate and cool off. Even our QS we will try to do something like Pecos Bills or Backlot Express where we can get some a/c and just take it easy for a bit. My son and I hike a lot with Boy Scouts and my duaghter is an endless ball of energy. My wife finds time to relax in some air conditioning, strolling the Emporium, or enjoying some shade as she needs. We always stay on site and use the bus service. I don't like the amount of time I lose with transporation. That being said as a parent I know all to well if it ceases to be fun for someone in your party, especially a child, it can cease to be fun for everyone. Just have to gauge where everyone is at and do what you can.

Upvote 0

tracyandalex

We are mid-morning to lunch until close folks. We are not morning people and rarely get up before 8:30 or 9 while at the world. DD loves the night time shows and fireworks so we rarely end up leave prior to park closing. In fact, if there are evening EMH we usually stay for an hour to 1.5 hours.

Upvote 0

disneysince71

Original Poster
This is one of those things where people need to... follow there own families.. wants, needs ext... Truth is if little Sallly is tired.. and you need to go back and rest... Then do it! If its 100 degrees and you would rather be by the pool... Then do it! If you want to park hop 3 times... and still want to go see wishes at 10:00.... Then do it....! Its one of those to each his own... Do what you feel is best for your family... Have fun... and relax if you want to! :)

Upvote 0

wdwfan4ver

I don't nap, but I do take an afternoon break. It makes since most of my trips to WDW happen during the summer months.

I arrive at a WDW park by the time when a park open, than stay in the park around 1:30 p.m. or after I am done with my ADR if I have one for lunch. I go back to the parks once I am done eating at a restaurant for dinner or head back to the parks when it is 4:30 or 5:00 p.m.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom