After three years....... I am the luckiest person in the world

mbroschak

Original Poster
Three and some years ago, one month after our last Disney World trip together, my wife left me. She was my Disney soul mate. Our first trip together, I told her I loved her for the first time during Illuminations, a 3 week parks and Disney cruise honeymoon to follow and 4 years of yearly romantic, fun loving and unforgettable cruises and trips to WDW together after that. She and her love for Disney was everything to me. After my heart was broken, I thought I would never, and I mean never see inside the gates of a Disney park again, no matter how desperately I missed it. I was angry, tainted and alone. Then........

I met Lindsey....Two years ago, she came into my life when I had least expected it. Beautiful, confident, sweet, kid at heart, all the qualities I had lost hope that I might find, especially right under my nose with someone I had known for sometime....

Together slowly both of our tainted hearts grew.... we learned to trust, to give, to love again, as we both came from experiences that could have left us cold hearted for a significant time.

It's been three years, and with my new love, I am returning to the place I first felt a shiver up my spine that I knew was the magic of Disney. I read these threads almost daily and even amongst the hardcore fans, hear complaining about all the things that WDW could be after their 16 visits every year. Well consider yourselves lucky. After a three year hiatus............I'm back baby. Back with a WDW first timer and I feel like I've been reborn. I, like many people who have experienced tragedy of different descriptions, experience the world now very differently and can't wait to see Walt Disney World in three days with these new eyes.......................I am so happy!

kstella

Much happiness to you. You sound like you are in a good place now. I too am looking forward to my first trip with my new love, although my now ex-husband never got into Disney like I am. Life goes on and we come through our life challenges stronger and more appreciative of the good things. Enjoy!!

MagicKat103

awe...

Seriously, I almost started crying ;) I always went to Disney as a kid (my grandparents lived in Florida), but never really got the Disney bug until I went on a trip there with my now husband, who is a huge Disney fan. He made me one as well. I hope that you and your new love find all new expierences on this first Disney trip for you "both". Disney is a magical place, and I am wishing you nothing but magic on your upcoming trip. I'm sure your new love will get bit by the Disney bug just like the rest of us!! :wave:

bgraham34

Awesome and Congrats to you. Time heals all wounds and it worked out for you as well. Disney is a magical place with both good and bad memories. I broke up with my ex in Disney World and a year later I brought the new love of my life. Now its time to create new memories that will truly last a lifetime.

cynic710

all the best! its great to see that your faith wasnt shaken in your darkest hour. have a fantastic trip!:sohappy:

LuLaSue

:sohappy:

Love always wins! Show your sweetie Disney thru your eyes!

I honeymooned in Disney with my ex-husband, took me a few years to go back, I was afraid it would stir some bad emotions. I returned with the love of my life, my DH, and have returned every year since...sometimes twice a year!

Life is good my friend....Live...Love...Just Be!

InLikeFlynn

Have a GREAT trip!!! I wish I could experience Disney with someone who loves it even half as much as I do. I bet that makes it so much more special.

GOT2SAMMIES

When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade! Sounds exactly what you did! So happy for you! Enjoy your time together at Disney and wishes for many more!

Lynn1030

How exciting that you get to experience it all again with someone new. I hope you both have an amazing time and that she becomes just as big of a fan too!

Walt Disney1955

Nice thread and inspiring for sure. One question though, maybe I read it wrong, but your first wife did you tell her you loved her for only the first time on your honeymoon? If so, why so long?

Also to add, I understand how you and anyone else can feel about going to a certain place with a former love only to never want to go back there again. I think that's wrong and here's why. Never, ever let a bad relationship ruin an awesome trip for you. Yeah you might have gone with your wife originally, but I did things with an ex-girlfriend too (not Disney World) and to be honest I did similar things with my wife too when we were dating. You know what I said? I am taking BACK my memories with someone else and creating new ones at the same place with someone new I love. And I have never looked back. From now on, this is OUR new thing to do.

Glad you are doing the same

majorrfb

Very touching story!

Lump in throat here....no need to tell you to have a magical time...I know you will. Disney and a new love....perfect. :)

Proves, once again, love always wins out. Every time my wife and I (34 yrs.) return to the World, it rekindles our child like tendencies and love for each other. We go yearly now, no more multiple times a year (the economy). See you all Nov. 30 at the Magic Kingdom. Look for a smiling couple from Massachusetts. :xmas: :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom