After-hours Event for WDW Passholders Celebrates Expedition Everest's 5th birthday..

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Check it out:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/di...ent-to-mark-expedition-everests-5th-birthday/

Disney World passholder event to mark Expedition Everest’s 5th birthday
A Mom and The Mouse, Kristin Ford — posted by kristin ford on February, 3 2011 12:57 AM
Discuss This: Comments(6) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it
Expedition Everest sends riders forward and backward before they encounter the Yeti on the Animal Kingdom roller coaster. (Walt Disney World)

Thrill seekers, get ready. Walt Disney World passholders are invited to a special event to celebrate the fifth birthday of Expedition Everest.
Pre-registered passholders can “get your fill of Yeti thrills” from 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday, March 5 at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, according to the latest edition of Mickey Monitor. The theme park is scheduled to close at 6 p.m. that Saturday, so it’s a rare after-hours event.
Sign-ups begin on Feb. 18 at disneyworld.com/passholder. You must be registered on the site and have your current passholder ID on file to gain access to the sign-ups.

tnkerbell5757

Am I the only passholder that didn't get through??

After trying all afternoon to sign up for this event, the following information appeared on my screen:

"We're sorry, but due to overwhelming demand, we have temporarily reached capacity for the Expedition Everest Anniversary Event. However, additional tickets will be made available early next week. Please check back on Monday, February 21, 2011 for further information".

I was disappointed, hopefully next week will give me better results.

Expedition Everest 5 year/ passholders

I tried all day today to get tickets, first they said.....The site was overloaded & to try back later....Then the message was it was down & to try back later....Now @ 6:00 PM...after 6 hours of trying to get tickets, The message says they are sold out & to try back next week!!!!!!!

I will be in Disney World next Tuesday & won't have access to a computer!!!!

So much for Annual Passholders privledges!!!!

They shouldn't offer things if they can't fulfill the offer!!!! :shrug:

fosse76

I tried all day today to get tickets, first they said.....The site was overloaded & to try back later....Then the message was it was down & to try back later....Now @ 6:00 PM...after 6 hours of trying to get tickets, The message says they are sold out & to try back next week!!!!!!!

I will be in Disney World next Tuesday & won't have access to a computer!!!!

So much for Annual Passholders privledges!!!!

They shouldn't offer things if they can't fulfill the offer!!!! :shrug:
They need to spread passholder events out over the course of several dates, especially since a large portion of people with APs don't live in Florida. Then they can eliminate all sorts of these problems.

Erik787

This will be my first ap event, so I'm not sure what to expect. Will just Everest be open? Someone on another board mentioned that for the Tower of Terror night over the summer RnRC was running as well, perhaps just the stuff in the Asia section be open? And will there be any places to grab a bite to eat? The jalapeno pretzel cart over there?!? :)

JoeZer

Steampunky Time Lord
According to this post Disney is a year behind schedule...maybe they should get on that. ;)

Too bad the OP's math in that referenced thread is a bit flawed. If counted out, it was four years then for that thread, not five as that thread's OP was claiming (January 2006 to January 2010).

But, there was still a good amount of information shared in it.

:drevil:

menamechris

Soo...has anyone ever done a passholder event like this? Because I haven't. Is there anything extra special or fun about it - or is it just waiting in a long line with other passholders? :)

AlishaMisha

I ended up going. Open was E:E(duh), Dinosaur, and Triceratop Spin. There was a DJ in Dinoland and Mickey and Goofy did M&G by E:E...Oh yeah and Disco Yeti still lives.

Disneydreamer23

Everest has only been there 5 years and the yeti has been broken for 2 ( it worked in Dec 08 when i went back May, sept,dec 09 and sept and dec 2010 still broke) I wonder what caused this to break to fast

cheezbat

Everest has only been there 5 years and the yeti has been broken for 2 ( it worked in Dec 08 when i went back May, sept,dec 09 and sept and dec 2010 still broke) I wonder what caused this to break to fast

Wow...last time i remember seeing him work was in 2007. After that - nothing.:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom