Sure --

A dark ride called - "Harry Potter Flys To Asia."

Beastly Kingdom

Journey To The Center Of The Earth

oh and - - -

Some sort of 4D Coaster is going in.

That is what I have heard.

Pioneer Hall

There hasn't been much spoken about...I think people are happy that Animal Kingdom is getting a real solid addition. We know the new show is going to go in the Theater in the Wild, but as far as the next ride...Time will only tell.

longfamily

The_CEO said:
Sure --

A dark ride called - "Harry Potter Flys To Asia."

Beastly Kingdom

Journey To The Center Of The Earth

oh and - - -

Some sort of 4D Coaster is going in.

That is what I have heard.

That's terrible! :lol::lol::lol:

CoffeeJedi

bigwoowoo248 said:
Are there any rumors on what the next attraction will be at animal kingdom after everest is built?
i think part of the beauty at this particular time is that there's NO info whatsoever on what's coming next. its kind of zen-like really

DarkMeasures

There was the rumor of Journey to the Center of the Earth being built in Animal Kingdom where Beastly Kingdomme would have gone. But that rumor seemed to die. (It may seem weird but there is actually many cool and exotic animal AAs on the ride. Especially the Laval Worm. That thing looks so freakin awsome.)

MCBRIZZ5

nibblesandbits said:
:hammer: Man if I had a dollar for everytime this question has been asked recently...I'd be rich!!! :D
What are you talking about this topic has never been talked about ever on this website.:lookaroun

WDWBoy

Nothing new for a while...

Sadly, Animal Kingdom won't be getting anything new for a while.

They have major plumbing issues to work through.

Y'see, they did all the underground plumbing/drainage stuff using corregated steel pipes. Those pipes (which save the company several hundred thousand dollars over concrete) are now collapsing.

Therefore, ALL the plumbing must be redone without actually ripping out the current stuff. Essentially they have to put the new, slightly smaller pipes inside the old stuff. As you can imagine, this makes the task take longer and cost considerably more than if it had been done right in the first place. But, as they say, what's done is done...

Anyway, the task is expected to take about 80 million. So... no new toys for a while for DAK.

I have a friend working there, which is how I know this. My numbers may be a bit off, but know the basics are solid. I hope Everest can keep interest high for 3-5 years after it opens!

I think it's too bad they don't do a Timon/Pumba night safari dark ride based on the DVD feature in Lion King 1 1/2.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I have had contact with some of the people involved with infrastructure at AK, and they inform me that this pipe work issue has been totally blown out of all proportion on the web. It isnt anywhere near as major as is being suggested, and would not impact any future attractions at the park.

CaptainMichael

wdwmagic said:
I have had contact with some of the people involved with infrastructure at AK, and they inform me that this pipe work issue has been totally blown out of all proportion on the web. It isnt anywhere near as major as is being suggested, and would not impact any future attractions at the park.
Thanks for squashing this rumor Steve. :sohappy:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
WDWBoy said:
Sadly, Animal Kingdom won't be getting anything new for a while.

They have major plumbing issues to work through.

Y'see, they did all the underground plumbing/drainage stuff using corregated steel pipes. Those pipes (which save the company several hundred thousand dollars over concrete) are now collapsing.

Therefore, ALL the plumbing must be redone without actually ripping out the current stuff. Essentially they have to put the new, slightly smaller pipes inside the old stuff. As you can imagine, this makes the task take longer and cost considerably more than if it had been done right in the first place. But, as they say, what's done is done...

Anyway, the task is expected to take about 80 million. So... no new toys for a while for DAK.

I have a friend working there, which is how I know this. My numbers may be a bit off, but know the basics are solid. I hope Everest can keep interest high for 3-5 years after it opens!

I think it's too bad they don't do a Timon/Pumba night safari dark ride based on the DVD feature in Lion King 1 1/2.

I too had read this article on the internet.
However, Steve informs us:

wdwmagic said:

The moral of the story :

Don't believe everything that you read., especially on JimHillMedia.com.

peter11435

unkadug said:
I too had read this article on the internet.
However, Steve informs us:

The moral of the story :

Don't believe everything that you read., especially on JimHillMedia.com.
So very true. :sohappy:

Tom

Beta Return
My Uncle's sister-in-law's cousin is a 3rd shift custodian at WDI and she read something on a piece of paper she found in the trashcan in the men's restroom that led her to believe that they will add new rides and attractions in the parks as attendance, the economy, and marketing determine that it would be profitable.

Don't quote me on this, as it is just hearsay, but I would take this as a pretty good source.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom