AE/Stitch poll (THIS ONE!)

Thoughts on Alien Encounter/Stitch's Great Escape

• What are they thinking? Long live AE!

Votes: 45 23.1%
  • I liked AE, but I can't wait to see Stitch!

Votes: 101 51.8%
  • AE is a disaster. Shoulda beamed in Stitch long ago!

Votes: 37 19.0%
  • I'm not impressed with either version.

Votes: 12 6.2%

• Total voters

Snapper Bean

Originally posted by iluvstitch
Ya know what, I just realized that Jumbaa, the councilwoman and all the aliens all call him 626, only Lilo and the humans call him Stitch. Since it will take place in space, w/out Lilo, I think he will be referred to as 626, so that's good (I think i'm thinking way to much about this lol)

It's not so much where it takes place as WHEN it takes place. The ride/attraction takes place before he gets to Hawaii and acquires the name Stich. Therefore, he must be referred to only as Experiment 626. I think.

pppapazo

Another potential "problem" in Stitch Encounter is that Experiment 626 at the beginning of the movie is not the lovable creature he becomes but an emotionless killing machine.

If WDI follows the story correctly, I think that the scare factor might still be pretty high in this version of the attraction.

Peter

iluvstitch

Originally posted by pppapazo
Another potential "problem" in Stitch Encounter is that Experiment 626 at the beginning of the movie is not the lovable creature he becomes but an emotionless killing machine.

If WDI follows the story correctly, I think that the scare factor might still be pretty high in this version of the attraction.

Peter

That's a good thing in my opinion, I think the ride should be scary and not all cuddly and cute. -Steph

dxwwf3

I also think that this ride will be scary. A lot of people say that its going to be a kiddie ride now that Stitch is there. But, it doesn't matter what the character is, when you sit in the pitch dark and things are touching you, moving around, breathing on your neck, water splattering and loud noises- it IS scary. Just look at how many people (me included) scream on It's tough to be a bug and Honey I shrunk the audience.

I honestly don't know how they can make it scary and make it work. Most of us think that the main reason AE closed was because it was too scary for kids. The Imagineers have a very fine line here that they can't cross. I hope it is entertaining but I don't think they can make it scary. If they do, angry parents will be lined up on Main St. trying to get to City Hall to complain :lol:

And in regards to Bug and Audience, those shows weren't in the Magic Kingdom. There are ALOT of people on here that think there should be nothing scary in the MK (even though I totally disagree, I can see where they are coming from). In a perfect world AE would've been placed in MGM to begin with and it would still be running strong and Stitch could've slipped right into the Mk, but that was not the case.

dxwwf3

That's a good thing in my opinion, I think the ride should be scary and not all cuddly and cute. -Steph

Like I said in my earlier post, I don't see anything scary happening. I'd prepare myself for "cute and cuddly" if I were you :)

imagineer boy

Originally posted by 77johnson77
I loved alien encounter, and Lilo and Stitch has nothing to do with Tomorrow land whatsoever!!

Johnson, PLEASE stop bringing old threads back to life. This is ( as I've seen so far ) the second old thread that you've brought back. Bringing old threads back to life is for retro week only.

dxwwf3

Originally posted by imagineer boy
Johnson, PLEASE stop bringing old threads back to life. This is ( as I've seen so far ) the second old thread that you've brought back. Bringing old threads back to life is for retro week only.

Ah it's not that big of a deal is it? There is NOTHING else going on around the parks right now and it's been really slow around here lately. I see your point though. But alot of people get mad when somebody starts a new topic on something like this when there have already been previous ones.

Spectroman2003

For some reason, I'm beginning to feel remorse for Alien Encounter. I wish I would've gone on it one last time. But I didn't, be honest, it scared the crap out of me evertime I went on it. I've even d-loaded some stuff on it and am longing to see everything one last time. Oh well, those days are gone. All I have to say, Stitch better be way better than AE and not have the Figment problem we have now at Epcot.

Disney2002

I think both attractions will suffer from the same problem -- extremely low repeat value. Once you know the way the ride plays out, it's really not fun to experience again. I do think that Stitch is a better idea though. I will open it up to a greater viewership while preserving almost every aspect of the original.

dxwwf3

Originally posted by Spectroman2003
For some reason, I'm beginning to feel remorse for Alien Encounter. I wish I would've gone on it one last time. But I didn't, be honest, it scared the crap out of me evertime I went on it. I've even d-loaded some stuff on it and am longing to see everything one last time. Oh well, those days are gone. All I have to say, Stitch better be way better than AE and not have the Figment problem we have now at Epcot.

Well I certainly hope more people feel like you do. This is exactly the same way I felt about World of Motion. When they announced Test Track I was very excited but the more it dragged out and the more TT was delayed, the more I missed World of Motion. I think alot of times we take certain things for granted at WDW and you really don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. Thanks for the nice post.

Glasgow

Keep in mind, just because you don't like an attraction doesn't mean you can't appreciate it's value. I don't really care for AE any more (I enjoyed it the first few times I went on it) but I still can see how it is a good attraction and quite technically advanced. I don't care for "It's a Small World" but I can see how others would like it.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by WDWFAN4LIFE
As much as I loved AE, it was time for a change. Hopefully Stitch will last much longer than AE. I wonder why they couldn't just have built Stitch in Timekeeper's theater. It would have made people happier.
:)

TiggerBW

Originally posted by MicBat
I liked AE at first, but I had seen it so many times, it bored me. I'm ready for stitch!!

I totally agree. I liked the preshow and all, but after seeing the main attraction a few times, I grew tired of it. It wasn't the thrill that it once was. The only thing I enjoyed was taking first-timers on it.

Can't wait for STITCH! :D

Sir Hiss527

I can't wait to see Stitch...AE always wasted my time in the MK. The only thing I liked about it was, the pre-show (Skippy, and SIR) Other than that, Stitch is going to be an great show.

Defend10

From my personal view, I loved AE and didn't want to see it go. Honestly, I would much rather have seen some capacity added to Tommorowland and the park by seeing it built elsewhere.

However, from a business standpoint, I think they made the right decision. Too many complaints on one attraction, even if they just weren't listening to the warnings, is too much for a park based so much on their public image to put up with.

I'm sad to see it go and I have major concerns about Stitch, but I don't judge until I see.

bamboo7

Originally posted by TiggerBW
I totally agree. I liked the preshow and all, but after seeing the main attraction a few times, I grew tired of it. It wasn't the thrill that it once was. The only thing I enjoyed was taking first-timers on it.

Can't wait for STITCH! :D

dont try to act tough. TiggerBW always hated the ride and was scared of it. i had to drag her on.

Goofyfanatic

hmmmm..I apologize in advance if this has been touched on...but shouldn't we wait and see what becomes of stitch...how can we say it's an improvement one way or the other when the new version is still currently under construction...but that's just one mans opinion

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom