Advice for UK Visitors (Don't wear tops at Disney)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jane.steve11

Original Poster
Just a warning to visitors, especially UK visitors. Do not try to wear any clothing by with logo's on (French Connection UK) to Disney Parks as they do not like it and may refuse you entry. I don't mean only the t-shirts with the big logo's emblazened on the front. I was wearing a collared t-shirt with ** in very small writing on the top left of shirt (no more than 1/2 inch high) and was refused entry, until I turned shirt inside out. I then stuck a big disney badge over it once inside the park and had no problems. Just thought I would let people know this as you wouldn't think twice about what you wear to a UK theme park....

phenom1307

yeah when i was working one of my managers told us if we saw anybody with clothing that said or anything else like it not let them on the tram and tell them they have to change or they cant enter the park

dolbyman

is it because of the misreading .. you know F**K ? or is something like PITBULL or LONSDALE ? (some "Skinhead" preffered clothing) :veryconfu

DisneyChik17

is it because of the misreading .. you know F**K ? or is something like PITBULL or LONSDALE ? (some "Skinhead" preffered clothing) :veryconfu

Most likely because of it being misread. One girl I went to school with wore a skirt and thought it was so cool to show everyone the engraving on her button and she got sent home for the day.

PhotoDave219

Thats been policy for at least 3 years now. There was a giant memo up by turnstyles break room when i worked there saying they weren't to be let in.

.... Of course, this leads to the bigger issue. Security thinks its turnstyles job to turn people away and turnstyles thinks its Securitys job.....

terrybeeps

Hi
My two pairs of glasses are with the logo written on the side will they ask me to remove my glasses hope not as i wont be able to see. :shrug:

Nemo14

I'm not sure why you would want to wear that anyway, but to each his own. :shrug:

iLive4theMagic

Stuff like this makes me mad. It's just a brand. If your child can transpose the letters and create a bad word in his or her mind, then it shouldn't be a big deal - they know what the word is. It's not like the word is going to influence his or her future use of it. Technically, is not f*ck, it's not a bad word.

tigsmom

The Disney Company owns the parks and can set a dress code if they choose.

I don't get what the big deal is...just don't wear the shirts to the park. :shrug:

WDWCPF98

Aslo the bnrad is not vrey wlel kownn in the U.S. Msot wulod asmuse it was a sawer. ...and as you can see it's pertty esay to sitwch the poistoin of lettres in yuor haed.

hack2112

Aslo the bnrad is not vrey wlel kownn in the U.S. Msot wulod asmuse it was a sawer. ...and as you can see it's pertty esay to sitwch the poistoin of lettres in yuor haed.

AHHH!! That Cambridge University study follows me everywhere!!! :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun

casualrdt

So true... Disney is not a public place so they can set the rules as they like and personally there is no reason to have to wear what obviously has been marketed to be confused with a curse word on your clothing there. It's just as good as wearing the F word. Great marketing scam for the clothing line if its your cup of tea, bad choice of clothing to wear to a family theme park.

bobjl527

Years ago I wore a t-shirt that had a cartoon oyster on the front. It read, "Shuck me, suck me, eat me raw!" They made me turn it inside out. So I can understand why they would flip out at .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom