Advice for suprising the kids with the news...

mwoates

I know I have seen threads on this topic before but couldn't find them in the search, so hoping you guys can help. We booked our trip to the world and want to surprise our daughters (7 & 4) on Christmas morning with the news we are going? Any ideas on how to do that?

cemeb4dk

There are alot of ideas out there. Where I found alot of neat ones was on you tube. and search there with disney surprise or disney christmas. Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

Michi4515

Awwww! my mom used to do that when we were little too!! but she just used to wake us up and say c'mon were going to disney and all of our bags were packed and ready to go.

Hope it goes well!!:D

Upvote 0

mickey7879

Maybe you could wrap up an autograph book, pen and Mickey ears for each of the kids for them to open as their last gift as well as maybe a little note from their favorite character saying they can't wait to see them when they come down in.....(whenever it is you're going)

You can call Disney's mail order dept and get them or just go on ebay. They have a bunch on there you can get too.

You can also have already ordered a vacation planning dvd that you could watch. I'm sure they will be bouncing off the walls with excitement!

Just an idea!

Have fun and enjoy you trip! (stop by Town Hall and get 1st Visit buttons too!)

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

I know I have seen threads on this topic before but couldn't find them in the search, so hoping you guys can help. We booked our trip to the world and want to surprise our daughters (7 & 4) on Christmas morning with the news we are going? Any ideas on how to do that?

There are so many videos on youtube of the parents surprising the kids with a trip to WDW. I watched so many last week because they were so cute. They came up with some really cool ideas to surprise them, makes me excited for when I have kids...I will definately be surprising them one day with a trip to my favorite place.

Upvote 0

rsoxguy

My wife and I surprised our daughter a few years back for her birthday. We created a book (more like a magazine) with each aspect of the trip described on an individual page. The text was written in game show prize manner ("Your package also includes luxurious accommodations at..."). We placed pictures on each page from the internet that related to the topic at hand including travel, dining, hotel, parks, etc. My daughter was confused when she received a cheap book as a gift but was soon thrilled with its content. The book was wrapped in a box like a regular gift. I hope this helps...it worked for us.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

I always thought the idea of a scavenger hunt was cute for kids. Set it up around your house for them to do on Christmas morning. Give clues to different parts of the house - and then the final clue could lead them to a present. I like the idea of it being autograph books or mouse ears, like another poster said, with a note saying that they are going to Walt Disney World!

Have fun with it - I can't wait to do this stuff for my future kids! :)

Upvote 0

firedog31

Maybe ask santa if he could mail a letter with a note or sometype of message letting them know where they will be going. Then since it wil come in the mail you can save it untill the last gift of the morning. Opening a letter from santa and finding out that your family is goin to disney could make it double exciteing:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

I am surprising my niece6 & nephew9 Hannah & Stephen) with a trip the 3rd week in December. I knew if I told them too early, they would drive us all nuts! In addition, Hannah is going to be flower girl in my older niece's wedding on Nov. 22nd, so I didn't want to take away from that excitement.

I'm composing a letter from "Mickey", possibly congratulating them on their excellent report cards, to mail sometime during that week before the wedding, telling them to be on the lookout for a special package. In the package, I have a countdown calendar that starts that following Monday, Disney gift cards for each of them, and the Birnbaum Kid's Guide. There is a page in the book with a countdown schedule where you can mark the date that you are leaving for your trip. I am going to have a sticky note from Mickey on the outside of the book telling them to turn to that certain page, and will have the date for the trip already filled in.

Upvote 0

disneydiva72

we are surprising our kids this year w/ the trip to Disney for the week of Xmas....so we are going to put a note in the day of the 23rd of our Xmas advent calendar.

Upvote 0

Disneysue

In the Parks
No

I'd get a little Disney suitcase for each child and pack a Disney outfit , a tooth brush (Disney of course) and a disposable camera. On the bottom of the suitcase (under the clothes) put a picture of WDW and for the 7 yr old write the words YOU ARE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD! For the 4 yr old on the picure put maybe a cutout family picture so they can get the idea that the family is going to WDW.

Upvote 0

mickey7879

I'd get a little Disney suitcase for each child and pack a Disney outfit , a tooth brush (Disney of course) and a disposable camera. On the bottom of the suitcase (under the clothes) put a picture of WDW and for the 7 yr old write the words YOU ARE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD! For the 4 yr old on the picure put maybe a cutout family picture so they can get the idea that the family is going to WDW.

Ditto to this idea! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

DISMOM

Off Topic Alert: On our trip in 2006, our 7 yr old son said as we were driving through Tennessee, "Let me know when you see a Disney bus." It was so cute.

Upvote 0

Bug715

I'd wrap up some fun disney stuff for each (gift cards, shirts, Birnbaum's book, toys for travel down) with a note or you could get a Disney ornament and put it on the tree where they would notice it with a note tied to it and the 7 year old could read it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom