Advertising and Links in Signatures

Erika

monorail_man said:
How many people really check a person's profile???? Really?

I think maybe allowing one link in a sig would be ok. I understnd that having everyone with 5 links in their sig is a bit much. But after all isn't that the point of the sig, to have a little "personal" shout out.

Yeah, but is it worth it for everybody to have to wade through a bunch of spam every few days just so a few people can have their shout-outs?

I have been known to check a profile or two.... hundred. :lookaroun

barnum42

monorail_man said:
How many people really check a person's profile???? Really?
Often it helps when formulating an answer to a person's question when finding out if they are male or female, where they are from and how old they are are pertinent to the enquiry at hand. And to check out their websites.

aklodge

Erika said:
Yeah, but is it worth it for everybody to have to wade through a bunch of spam every few days just so a few people can have their shout-outs?

I have been known to check a profile or two.... hundred. :lookaroun
Yea, I normally check a person's profile when I get bored. :lookaroun

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Remember as well you dont even have to go as far as viewing the entire profile, you can just click on the member's name, and you will get a drop down menu appear with the option of visiting that member's homepage (if they have one listed of course).

aklodge

wdwmagic said:
Remember as well you dont even have to go as far as viewing the entire profile, you can just click on the member's name, and you will get a drop down menu appear with the option of visiting that member's homepage (if they have one listed of course).
Yep, that is true, although I had never noticed the hompage thing before now. Thanks Steve!

The Mom

Premium Member
And another friendly reminder! I just spent about 10 minutes cleaning up links in signatures, etc.

I've given most people the benefit of the doubt, but please remember that if you have not cleared a link to a business with Steve, it is considered spam/advertising - which is grounds for banning.

The fact that we haven't caught it yet does not exempt you from the rule!

jenseib

I have a question. I am missing a Trip Report. I just updated it the other day and it's gone today. I am a TA, but i don't link anything to my agency, nor mention the agencies name. (I don't even give my full nm,e either) My trip report was about the agent education program I went on and I am sharing pictures of the reosrts and my experience. Is this why it is gone...because I mention that I am an agent? if it is deleted because of this, why wasn't I at least notified about it instead of it just gone?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom