Adventureland Veranda - Skipper Canteen restaurant

note2001

My brain is still catching up with the Shanghai news announcements that were made. Looks like they're getting so much new tech over there, I'm already planning on a visit within the decade.

My hope: Jungle Cruise effects are quite retro, but with an indoor dining location, allowing for better sound and lighting I think we may be wowed by a touch or two combining retro with tech effects.

Since Disney very rarely creates tech for one location alone anymore, they will most likely mimic them over in a Shanghai Adventureland dining location. It would be nice to have WDW tech copied to another location instead of the other way around. Something that, according to my recollection, hasn't happened in a long time.

Last edited:

cspencer96

It would be nice to have WDW tech copied to another location instead of the other way around. Something that, according to my recollection, hasn't happened in a long time.
One thing I think about with this point is the case of Tower of Terror's various spawns. They are all (ride system wise, some theming wise too) cheapened versions of the original WDW one, which had tech developed specifically for it (the trackless, driverless elevator cars). Crazy thing with that was (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) that they figured out the technology was awesome, but expensive to build, maintain, and operate. One sensor malfunction because of a fallen park map could cause a 101 and it was game over for a while until everything could be checked.

Moving to DCA, they went with the much cheaper, much less impressive system. The shopping cart system, as I call it. The cars are just pushed back and forth by big plungers. This was much cheaper, more reliable, and still worked good enough. Its a shame that they didn't just perfect the stuff here (which they've done now with Mystic Manor and Remy's), redo it and apply it elsewhere.

PPMover1

"Yes folks, it's said that the natives make use of the sun scorched stones to bake many types of food. In fact there's a tribesman now - can you smell what The Rock is cooking?"

(My submission to the Jungle Cruise spiel addition.)
Bounced off em' like most Cruise spiel off the foreign tourist... I appreciated it...

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The trouble all started (for me, anyway) when he said Rapunzel's tower would be there by such and such a date, and it appeared THAT VERY DAY. I didn't realize the gag for quite a while because of that.
Unfortunately, it wasn't a gag. He's done that same sort of b#ll#cks several times before. Hence the warning....

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, Aug 27. Returning to the subject of this thread.....the walls are going up above the level of the floor. Note the "supervision" on the balcony of the building in the background.

IMG_6066.JPG

JoeCamel

If there are 2 more then it is the supports for the roof overhang. That is one busy little area with everything under it then all this added. Wonder what the dollar per square foot ran?

edit: does not look like electrical is in them so not more lamp posts ;)

po1998

Is the building in the background where the workers are on the balcony an existing bldg or new construction? Looking on googlemaps, I am trying to figure out where this is at.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom