Advance Reservations

TxNewsies

Original Poster
My DH and I are going to WDW Aug 2nd. How far in advance should you make dinner or lunch reservations? We already made one for Crystal Palace but we were not sure how far in advance we should make one for Le Cellier. Should you book in advance or can you wait til the morning of your visit to the park? Thanks!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
My DH and I are going to WDW Aug 2nd. How far in advance should you make dinner or lunch reservations? We already made one for Crystal Palace but we were not sure how far in advance we should make one for Le Cellier. Should you book in advance or can you wait til the morning of your visit to the park? Thanks!
You're probably out of luck for Le Cellier already. It books up very quickly. Call ASAP and often for possible cancellations.

The window for booking ADRs is 90 days prior to either the day you want or your arrival date if you're staying on-site [your window opened on the fourth]. Many of the popular restaurants fill quickly.

CALL RIGHT AWAY!

TxNewsies

Original Poster
Thank You! My DH was wanting to wait until we arrived but I thought that was too late. I called and we lucked out and was able to get a lunch reservation on the day we wanted. We wanted dinner but I'm just happy I found an opening somewhere on that day! Thanks!!!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Thank You! My DH was wanting to wait until we arrived but I thought that was too late. I called and we lucked out and was able to get a lunch reservation on the day we wanted. We wanted dinner but I'm just happy I found an opening somewhere on that day! Thanks!!!
I'm very glad [and moderately impressed] you managed to get into Le Cellier! It is a wonderful restaurant and a must-eat for every trip for my son and I.

:sohappy:

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
My DH and I are going to WDW
Aug 2nd. How far in advance should you make dinner or lunch reservations? We already made one for Crystal Palace but we were not sure how far in advance we should make one for Le Cellier. Should you book in advance or can you wait til the morning of your visit to the park? Thanks!

You should make them asap! I always call as far out as possible. 90 days is the current advance time.

rangerman

Maybe we are exceptions to the rule but I have always had good luck with ADR's. Our trips have always been booked well within the 90 day window so we have never been 1st in line when the reservations became available.

My advice is to keep trying, every day if need be, until you get the location/time that you want. As you get closer to the date of your arrival, increase the frequency of the calls to multiple times per day as the dining reservations are very dynamic and change constantly.

The reservation menu will ask if you are within 7 days of your dining date/and are in the Orlando area and if so, sends you down a different path as you get closer to your stay.

Once you are at your resort, work with the concierge to secure your ADR's, if you still don't have exactly what you want. Believe me, a little kindness to these folks goes a long way and it is a small step from hearing "LeCellier is completely booked for the next 3 months" to "let me see what I can do". Good luck.

ThinkTink721

Definitely book the more popular places like Le Cellier at least 90 days in advance.
:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom