Adults/Parents behaving Badly

shari71

Originally posted by Scooter
I once stood in line at the TTC, waiting for a tram, and watched as a little child did the ______ dance because his Mother didn't want to take him to the bathroom. The batheroom was only about 100 feet away but she didn't want to lose her place in line.

Then I watched in horror as she beat this kid when he peed all over himself. Then she called him horrible names and publicly humiliated him.

That kid is gonna be tramatized for the rest of his life.

I still feel bad for that kid when I think about it...and it happened almost 2 years ago.
:(

After getting through potty training my daughter, this makes me mad. Yes, my daughter will send us on false trips to the bathroom, but at this age they don't know how to plan and control themselves, so you have to go out of your way to make sure they get to the bathroom as often as they need to. This story reminds me of my brother-in-law....he thinks you can spank a child to get them to do anything....now his boy is afraid of everything and doesn't try anything. My DD is the same age and although she is a handful, she is comfortable in exploring the world and voicing her opionion which is how I want her to be, not a timid girl waiting for everyone to tell her what to do.

I can just hear my daughter now chewing out the 6 foot man for getting out of line. What Mickey did probably taught a lot of lessons in this story and I applaud him for giving the kid his picture but also letting everyone know that behavior was inappropriate. If the CMs don't have a walkie talkie of some sort they should. This would have been one instance where security should have been called in to deal with the father.

Dean[AU]

2 Points

1) GO MICKEY :lol: :sohappy: :lol:

2) Does/Have Disney report(ed) any real bad child abuse to the revelent authorities?

Yellow Shoes

I am not a proponent of taking very young children to WDW for many of the reasons cited above.

Many MANY parents are tuned in to the needs of their children and are more than willing to get out of the line they have been in for 40 minutes because their child is scared, needs a potty break, or simply changed his mind.

HOWEVER--there are many (perhaps many more) parents who legitimately feel that they must do and see everything because of the $$ they have shelled out for the vacation. (and I think we all agree that WDW is a very expensive vacation compared to many other places in the US) These are the parents behaving badly that ruin everyone's vacation.

Accommodating the needs of a 2 year old at WDW is not easy.
You WILL miss riding things you want to.
You WILL miss "valuable" park time so your child can nap (this is especially true in off season when MK closes at 6 PM).
You WILL eat fewer sit-down meals to make it easier on all of you.
You WILL be a pack-mule dragging around all the equipment you must have for a young child.

If this doesn't bother you, take the young children. If, however, you will resent the sacrifices you will need to make, please PLEEZE leave the kiddos home with grandma, or wait until they are 5 or 6. (believe me, the magic is still there for a 5 year old, and they have more stamina, and can stand in line and sit still much longer)

shari71

Another story to add to this....two years ago at POR (on Sept 11)we were in the kiddie pool with our then year old, when there was a lot of screaming and then you see two women beating up on another and dunking her under the water, not in play, but in anger. The life guards were not prepared for this and a lot of people started dragging the other two off the first woman. They were yelling some pretty bad profanities back and forth. Security was quickly called, but as during the time they had the women separated they were yelling at each other back and forth in the most foul language.

We could not leave the area because they had the women by the entrances and they were pretty irate. In the end they called the police in to arrest all three. Seems the one mistook one of their kids for hers and was holding them under the water. Of course the two women stepped in.

What really irritated me about this was the language thrown around. I can understand a mother defending her child, but once they were separated they were screaming such profanity that I was really upset. We finally left having to walk through the conflict, which I felt should have been taken somewhere else and away from the children.

In the end all of these conflicts and problems teach our children something that I would hope would be positive and not negative. I know we cannot shield them from everything, but I sure would like to try :)

MouseMadness

Originally posted by Yellow Shoes

You WILL miss "valuable" park time so your child can nap (this is especially true in off season when MK closes at 6 PM).
You WILL be a pack-mule dragging around all the equipment you must have for a young child.

*raises hand* That'd be every trip I've ever taken!! :lol: You are exactly right... people need to be willing to deal with it because that's the way it is when ya take kids.

strobe

Originally posted by Yellow Shoes

For me, it's never about park time, it's about family time. We arrive, have a loose schedule, even break up our day sometimes, and just enjoy ourselves. There are usually a few things we make a real effort to do, but other than that, we are at the happiest place on earth and that's good enough for us. :)

westie

Sometimes watching a good "Meltdown" can make you feel so normal. You always see some portly guy who is sweating really bad yelling at his wife for making the reservations in july. Poor wife getting sweat thrown on her...

Gucci65

Originally posted by MouseMadness
*raises hand* That'd be every trip I've ever taken!! :lol: You are exactly right... people need to be willing to deal with it because that's the way it is when ya take kids.

Count me in too, although I must say that the backpack has gotten lighter over the years.

Now my story - I took my friend and her daughter along w/ me and mine to MK. While in toontown we went to the judges tent to meet Chip and Dale. The girls were 8 at the time. My daughter always seems to get "picked on" by Chip and Dale. They cover her eyes, mess up her hair, etc. She ended up sitting on the floor and they sat down w/ her. Real cute picture. While she was sitting there this little two year old plopped down in her lap. The parents were excited because she was afraid of the other characters. Well this went on for about 5 mins, the room was empty. My friend decides that HER daughter needs to sit w/ C&D and says very LOUDLY (much to my embarassment) that the baby needed to move. It was horrible. After she got her picture, I told the CM sorry she was so evil. How un-Disney

b/t/w - We have never been back w/ them again. :zipit:

mraw

I work at the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway, and I really don't like it when parents (always male), make their kids push the pedal for the entire ride, no matter how slow they are going (mainly because they can't push the pedal). I've also seen fathers call their sons ridiculous names because they can't push the pedal without help. That pedal is hard to push for some adults, so it makes sense that some kid's can't do it. I've also seen parents make their kids get on rides when they really have to use the restroom- how much fun can you have on any ride when all you're thinking about is peeing???

SpectroMan

In 1998, my WHOLE family went to WDW. We were sitting ont the curb on Main Street waiting for SpectroMagic, and this man with a stroller tries to push through our family to get on the sidewalk. We kindly tell him there is a ramp to the left of us, but he continues to push through hitting my seven year old cousin and scraping her legs all up.

The mother of the child in the stroller finally gets ahold of it and steers it away onto the ramp while her husband makes horrible remarks about our family.

Well, needless to say, my cousin is crying. My uncle is about ready to punch the man out, and we have a Canadian hockey player sitting along side of us that was ready to jump in on our side.

It is amazing that SpectroMagic is one of my favorite things at WDW because another incident happened this summer while we were there. We were on Main Street again, watching the parade in a huge crowd, and my cousin kept accidentally hitting the man in front of us because of the crowd. He turned to my cousin and said, "Stop ________ hitting me." And I turn to my cousin and ask what is wrong. And the guy starts to provoke a fight with me.

What is it with aggravated husbands during SpectroMagic?

Am I the only one who has had things happen like this during the parade?

minnie2000

Yellow Shoes said:
I am not a proponent of taking very young children to WDW for many of the reasons cited above.

Many MANY parents are tuned in to the needs of their children and are more than willing to get out of the line they have been in for 40 minutes because their child is scared, needs a potty break, or simply changed his mind.

HOWEVER--there are many (perhaps many more) parents who legitimately feel that they must do and see everything because of the $$ they have shelled out for the vacation. (and I think we all agree that WDW is a very expensive vacation compared to many other places in the US) These are the parents behaving badly that ruin everyone's vacation.

If this doesn't bother you, take the young children. If, however, you will resent the sacrifices you will need to make, please PLEEZE leave the kiddos home with grandma, or wait until they are 5 or 6. (believe me, the magic is still there for a 5 year old, and they have more stamina, and can stand in line and sit still much longer)

I don't really agree with this - however, we have not ever gone to wdw on our own as adults. We first took our daughter when she was nearly 3, and I was pregnant. We took it easy, took our own buggy so she could nap when tired, and we all had a great time. I don't remember any tantrums or anything - and she wasn't exactly an easy child!

The only problem we had was not at Disney but at Seaworld. There was a group of about 14-16 year olds, about 8 of them. We were sitting somewhere and one of them walked past me and dropped their bag on me. OK - it was an accident, but I don't know what was in the bag, but it was really heavy, it hit me hard in the back and it hurt.

I was angry because it could have hit my daughter, and I was pregnant, and if they had just said 'I'm sorry are you OK?' everything would have been fine. But they laughed, and when I turned round with a face like thunder they all denied it. I am a really quiet person, and I do not like conflict, but I was really angry and let them know it (no swearing!) In the end they all started apologising, but it really upset me (and shocked my husband who had never seen me like that!) I guess it must have been the protective mother instinct and pregnancy hormones, because I just felt like crying afterwards.

tink81

When I was little, my mom and I went to WDW with my grandparents, my two aunts, unlce and cousin. My uncle has the WORST temper and would frequesntly fly off the handle at any one of us at any given time. I was little, but it still got on my nerves when he would completely flip out at me for stupid stuff like dropping my fork on the floor at a restaurant or something (and this is in fron of ym own mother). We were waitng for the Diamond Horseshoe Jamboree (still love that show) to show to start one day and I ask the waitress for another coke before the show starts. My uncle starts ranting about how I better not have to go to the bathroom during the show because of this extra coke. The guy at the table next to us looks over and tells my uncle to stop acting like a tyrant and let her have the stupid coke and HE'LL take me to the bathroom if I need to go...I wanted to hug that man and ask him if I could spend the rest of my vacation with him! We stopped vacationing with them after that trip.

jonesenon4

i agree with most posts mickey was in character in letting the meathead know he was out of line and not appreciated behavior. the other posts saying mickey should be reassigned wrong answer he should be given a raise.you guys are the reason the meathead acted the way he did.because all you every did was standby and get bullied so he soon discovered all he had to do was threaten someone and he gets what he wants.guess what his child will be the same way in a couple of years and youll have someone new to complain about while doing nothing to correct the problem but stand by and watch and then complain to anyone who will listen but not the one who deserves to hear it.:hammer:

We had a incident during the spectromagic parade we had waited atleast 2 hours to have a prime viewing spot right were the parade starts. My sister is a CM and works at the emporium and told us it would be a good place to watch it from well once the parade started we lined the kids up along the ropes so they would get a great view and we all stood behind them (there were 12 of us). As soon as the parade started this family came up behind us and they had a litle girl who was a bout 9 well she was crying she couldnt see so I felt bad for her so I turned to the mom and said she could let the little girl squeeze in, in front of us behind my kids (she was taller than my youngest son) so she could see.

Well to my dismay before the parade was half way through the parents had also squeezed there way in. I was watching the parade and hadnt really notice this until my oldest son who is just as tall as me at 13 and watching from the back pointed this out. They had gotten in front of my friends kids. Well I was so upset I tapped the mother on the shoulder and asked her to move so the 5 year could see and that we were nice enough to let her daughter through. She smiled at me and turned around as if she didnt speak english or something I wanted to hit I was so angry. We let it go cause we knew we would be there for another 5 nights and get to see it again. I am not one to let things get to me but I was really upset by this. Thats what we got for being nice...

popsicletrees

SpectroMan said:
In 1998, my WHOLE family went to WDW. We were sitting ont the curb on Main Street waiting for SpectroMagic, and this man with a stroller tries to push through our family to get on the sidewalk.

I am always amazed to see parents use their kids to push through crowds. My grandmother needs a wheelchair when we go to WDW. I always push her, and let's face it a wheelchair isn't always the easiest thing to maneuver through a crowd. When we were there in January we went to Fantasmic. As we were leaving we went slowly not moving from side to side throughout the crowd. So many parents would be beside us and then dart ahead pushing their children in front of her wheelchair. I had to abruptly stop plenty of times to avoid running into small children. Unfortunately some parents seem to be willing to sacrifice their children in order to get through a crowd.

Melerella

I don't mind parents taking their kids to Disney, but some parents are really scary.

I was walking into It's Tough to Be a Bug and I was with a group of friends ( we are all in our late teens) and I saw a family on my right side with two boys, so I decided to let them pass in front because I was just being considerate. Well a mother behind me thought I was blocking her and her daughter from entering the theater so she yells "WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? TRYING TO GET A SEAT BEFORE MY CHILD!"

Really rude..but I let it go..but she could have be nicer and asked me why I was standing there instead of jumping to conclusions..:cool:

eroyee

rude people

:wave: We had been waiting along the curb for the Spectromagic parade for 2 hrs. and we decided to stand up for a minute or two. Just then, some guy comes over right in front of us and stood there. I told him we had been there 2 hrs. and couldnt see, so he proceeds to sit down on the curb in front of us where we were supposed to be sitting right on our feet. then, on top of that, he brings 3 of his kids along to take the seats,too. Now, I am even tempered,too, most of the time, but I was really upset. People are so extremely rude. :mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom