ADRs?

foslizedtresap

I'm planning a trip for the second week in December next year.
Most likely my Aunt and I will be getting the Dining plus plan for 5 days.
I will make reservations for possibly a character breakfast and a dinner show.
My question is during this time of year, are the crowds light enough that you really wouldn't need reservations for the regular table service resturaunts?
I would really just like to be able to decided where to use our last two table service credits where ever my Aunt wants to depending on which park we are in.
Are reservations required for Table service with the dining plan? Or could we just walk up? A wait really wont bother us I'm sure.
I'm not really planning out the days for our trips. I mean I'll take into account the meals we will have reservations for, but I want my Aunt to decide what she wants to do during the day and where we eat.

I agree with everyone here. Reservations are strongly advised.

We just got back today, and we were able to walk up to a few restaurants and get a table. Our first day we left lunch open since we weren't sure how long it would take for the ME to get us to the resort and get checked in. We felt like Italian and went to Tutto Italia. They told us it would be a 40 minute wait and they seated us in 3 minutes. This was on a Saturday afternoon right at the peak of lunch time.

We also walked up to the Sci-Fi and they offered us a table at one of the flying saucer's in the back for lunch another day. We declined and walked over to Mama Melrose and had a table in 5 minutes.

Our last day we went to Teppan Edo for lunch and were seated in just a few minutes.

Maybe it's because it was lunch and not dinner, or maybe it was because we were 2 adults and not a large party, or maybe it was our 'Just Married' buttons that brought us luck...

I'd still make ADR's if I was you. :lookaroun

Upvote 0

Mystic

I agree with everyone here. Reservations are strongly advised.

We just got back today, and we were able to walk up to a few restaurants and get a table. Our first day we left lunch open since we weren't sure how long it would take for the ME to get us to the resort and get checked in. We felt like Italian and went to Tutto Italia. They told us it would be a 40 minute wait and they seated us in 3 minutes. This was on a Saturday afternoon right at the peak of lunch time.

We also walked up to the Sci-Fi and they offered us a table at one of the flying saucer's in the back for lunch another day. We declined and walked over to Mama Melrose and had a table in 5 minutes.

Our last day we went to Teppan Edo for lunch and were seated in just a few minutes.

Maybe it's because it was lunch and not dinner, or maybe it was because we were 2 adults and not a large party, or maybe it was our 'Just Married' buttons that brought us luck...

I'd still make ADR's if I was you. :lookaroun

Lunch is definitely easier to get walk ups than dinner. Also as a group of 2 it is much easier to get the hard to come by dinner ressies. We managed to snag a 5:50pm dinner seating at Rose & Crown in the middle of Processional dining 3 days before we wanted to eat there simply because we were a party of 2.

Upvote 0

LoriMistress

Book your ADRs at exactly 180 days BEFORE your arrival, regardless. There is no slow season. We booked our ADRs around the same time last year and we saw people get turned away left and right.

Upvote 0

Mystic

Book your ADRs at exactly 180 days BEFORE your arrival, regardless. There is no slow season. We booked our ADRs around the same time last year and we saw people get turned away left and right.

As I said earlier, it is not absolutely necessary to book ADRs 180s in advance. As long as you go with a list of restaurants and you are flexible in your times (be willing to take an earlier or a later seating) then it is possible to call the Dine Line while you are there and get seating. I do not recommend trying to do walk ups as I did see people turned away from restaurants that I had booked a day or two earlier over the phone.

Upvote 0

DougK

What if I ditch the dining plan idea? Would we still need to make reservations?

The main point to understand is this:

It doesn't matter if YOU are on the dining plan or not, that does not affect whether you need reservations. What does affect you needing reservations is that EVERYONE ELSE is on the dining plan.

So make sure you make your ADRs as soon as possible especially if you want some of the more popular places like Le Cellier, California Grill, etc. And as already mentioned Cindy's Royal Table needs to be booked 180 days out.

Good luck and have fun!

Upvote 0

erstwo

I can not agree more with the people who are telling you to make ADR's! I just got back yesterday. I saw group after group after group who wanted a "sit down" dinner be turned away from the places we had our ADR's.

It didn't matter if you were a part of 2 or a party of 8, there was just no room.

You literally had to BEG the host/ hostess to even be put on a waiting list. They just told you no, sorry, we are booked. I did see one lady who begged for a table at Liberty Tree Tavern and was given the chance to wait because she said she had called everyday for 2 months with no luck and she really wanted her daughter to eat there before the characters were gone. I have no idea if she got a table.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom