ADRs

butterflyminnie

Original Poster
So here's the thing...

Grandma lives in Sarasota, going out to visit her for a week in September. Sometime within that week, we'll be going to WDW, but not sure when yet. It used to be that you could go into the park, walk up to guest services (EPCOT had fun computer thingies) and make a reservation there. Is this still possible:confused: I've heard a lot about ADRs on the boards and how if you don't have one, you won't get in anywhere:shrug:

Mickey&Minnie

Unfortunately for you September is going to be a very busy time for dining. Alot of restaraunts are already completely booked up because of the free dining promo. It would probably be best for you to try to pin point a day that you plan to visit "grandma". You would then safely be able to eat a decent meal.
To answer your question though I do believe you can go to guest relations and they would be able to tell you what reservations if any are available.
I hope everything works out for you. Let us know what you decide.

DisneyMarg

Ah, the fun computer thingies are gone. I remember the amazing days of actually being able to talk to a live person on TV who could SEE YOU and talk back!!! How do they do that??? :lol:

I would suggest that you program WDW-DINE into your cellphone and as soon as you have an idea of where and when you want to eat, give them a call. Even if it is the same day, something may have opened up. Also, some restaurants are more popular than others, and you will not likely get a last minute seating at those. But others are either bigger or less popular (Akershus, Biergarten, Hollywood and Vine, etc) and you will be more likely to get in there.

If you can be very flexible, you can try just walking up to a place and seeing what you can get. If that doesn't work out, you can then go to Plan B and eat at a counter service place. Some of them have excellent food, although you won't get waited on.

Unfortunately, sounds like you might be there during the free dining offer, which will make getting a seat even more difficult.

joanna71985

Unfortunately, to eat at the more popular sit-downs you need to have an ADR. There is a chance of getting in as a walk-in. But Sept is the Free Dining plan, and the probably would be very difficult.

ThinkTink721

So here's the thing...

Grandma lives in Sarasota, going out to visit her for a week in September. Sometime within that week, we'll be going to WDW, but not sure when yet. It used to be that you could go into the park, walk up to guest services (EPCOT had fun computer thingies) and make a reservation there. Is this still possible:confused: I've heard a lot about ADRs on the boards and how if you don't have one, you won't get in anywhere:shrug:
Yes, I think you can still do that, but Sept. will be the time that free dining is being offered, so the restaurants will probably be pretty busy!
:rolleyes: :wave:

tigsmom

Unfortunately, to eat at the more popular sit-downs you need to have an ADR. There is a chance of getting in as a walk-in. But Sept is the Free Dining plan, and the probably would be very difficult.

I'm going to agree. It is almost impossible to just walk up to a TS restaurant and get a walk in spot. The lines at the CS are very long also. We were there when free dining was first available and some places even ran out of food (I'm sure things have improved). This past March we were lucky to find some places to eat and we never made ADRs in the past.

You have to remember that the free dining option will allow some people to stay longer or even to stay on site where they may not have been able to before, so the restaurants will be crowded.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom