ADRs Have we done the right thing?

JonBoy

Original Poster
Hey everyone

we are very excited as we were able to make our ADRs for our August trip! What do you think to our choices have we made a mistake booking some or missed some great ones?

My partner and I have been many times but bringing two friends for the first time!

We are on the dining plan and have made all dinner ADRs

Aug 11th - Liberty Tree Tavern
Aug 12th - 50s Prime Time Diner
Aug 13th - Le Celler
Aug 14th - Yak & Yettis
Aug 15th - None (Universal)
Aug 16th - Hoop De Doo (9.30pm show)
Aug 17th - None (IoA)
Aug 18th - Sci Fi diner
Aug 19th - Whispering Canyon
Aug 20th - Chefs de France
Aug 21st - Boma
Aug 22nd - Akershus
Aug 23rd - California Grill

What do you think?:shrug:

WDWmazprty

Everything looks good! The 'worst' ones of your list look to be Sci-Fi and 50's Prime Time. But all in all great choices! :sohappy:

travelgip

Aug 11th - Liberty Tree Tavern
Aug 12th - 50s Prime Time Diner
Aug 13th - Le Celler
Aug 14th - Yak & Yettis
Aug 15th - None (Universal)
Aug 16th - Hoop De Doo (9.30pm show)
Aug 17th - None (IoA)
Aug 18th - Sci Fi diner
Aug 19th - Whispering Canyon
Aug 20th - Chefs de France
Aug 21st - Boma
Aug 22nd - Akershus
Aug 23rd - California Grill

What do you think?:shrug:[/QUOTE]
I would switch out Germany's Beirgarten for Akershus on 8/22, much better food and there is the show.
Read some of the tips for Whispering Canyon so you can have some fun with the newbies!:sohappy:

rstaut

Looks good! I would eat less in HS & more in Epcot personally, but that's me.

I'm having issues getting over how long your trip is! Soooo jealous!

Mukta

Aug 11th - Liberty Tree Tavern - I know that a lot of people don't like the food here, but I do. It is not great, but it is good comfort food and the salad is great.
Aug 12th - 50s Prime Time Diner - The show is better than the food. I like the shakes.
Aug 13th - Le Cellier - I haven't eaten here since 2006 or so, but I liked it a lot. I hope you are doing it for lunch because dinner is 2 points now.
Aug 14th - Yak & Yetis - I am hoping to eat here in September.
Aug 18th - Sci Fi diner - The food is mediocre here, but I love the cheesy movie clips. The theming is great.
Aug 19th - Whispering Canyon - This is a fun place to eat. The food is good, but the entertainment is better.
Aug 20th - Chefs de France - I love the food here. It feels a bit cramped, but I have always received great service.
Aug 21st - Boma - One of my favorite places. Tons of great food, something for everyone. The hotel is so beautiful. The staff is very knowledgable about the food as well.
Aug 23rd - California Grill - One of the best restaurants in WDW. Great food, great service, amazing view.

disneygirl1

ADR's look good, but for the low cost of eating at 50's and Sci Fi, I almost want to pay out of pocket for those meals and all 2 more meals, possibly a place in WS to your ADR's.

GeoDonJac34

Everything looks good! The 'worst' ones of your list look to be Sci-Fi and 50's Prime Time. But all in all great choices! :sohappy:
Totally agree.I'm not really a fan of the HS restaurants, but the way I see things any place to eat in Disney beats any meal anywhere else.

RealHawker

I like Liberty Tree- love the colonial theme. The meal isn't too sophisticated - but you have a few other ones that are. I wasn't a fan of crystal palace.

Hey Jon, looks like you've made some great dining selections! I always make ADR's at the Liberty Tree Tavern because I think the theming is fun, it's one of the few sit down restaurants in the Magic Kingdom, AND because of the dessert: the ooey gooey toffee cake. That's vanilla cake with toffee filling, vanilla ice cream, and caramel sauce. You can only get it at lunch. At dinner they offer an apple crisp.
I also always pick either 50's Prime Time Diner or Drive In Dine In. Both of those restaurants get bad reviews for food, but I don't go in with high expectations food wise... it's all about the theme! I usually end up going with the Drive In because it's not as crowded and I like the nighttime look of it.
California Grill is great. They have excellent sushi plates.
I would also consider tacking on Jiko. I've been staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge the past few years because the resort has two of the best restaurants in the park: Boma and Jiko. I'm always amazed at how empty Jiko is when I dine their. It's some of the best food in Walt Disney World!

wdwfan4ver

I don't think anyone could help you with Le Cellier right now in terms of the food. Le Cellier is changing the menu on March 1st.

The best thing is keep the ADR, but keep an eye on menu changes on that place after March 1st online. You may want a back up plan for table service restaurants for just in case.

It sounds like the lunch menu will stay the same. The dinner menu is where the menu change is going to happen.

ThinkTink721

Liberty Tree Tavern - heard its good
50s Prime Time Diner - heard it s good
Le Cellier - good choice
Yak & Yettis - never eaten there
Hoop De Doo Revue - great choice
Sci Fi - we enjoyed this one
Whispering Canyon - great choice
Chefs de France - never eaten there
Boma - heard its good
Akershus - good choice
California Grill - heard is great

Others that I would suggest:
The Crystal Palace
Ohana
Chef Mickey's
Donald's Safari Breakfast

:wave:

Todd L

I havent eaten at all Of the place you have adrs but...

My whole Family Loves Sci-fi and 50's Prime time...they are Both Must do's for everytrip...have a Great Time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom