ADR's for September Trip!!

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
So 180 days has come and gone and we've made our ADR's for September. A few new places and some old favorites. If anyone has any opinions on the new places we're going to try, I'd love to hear them! We're debating switching The Plaza for Liberty Tree Tavern and Coral Reef for Tutto Italia but for now I think this is what we're going with. I'm still checking daily for that coveted Ohana dinner as they are booked solid right now!! :(

Monday 9/24 - 50's Prime Time Cafe (dinner)
Tuesday 9 /25 - Coral Reef (dinner - NEW)
Wednesday 9 /26 - Narcoossee's (dinner - NEW)
Thursday 9/27 - The Plaza (late lunch- NEW)
Friday 9 /28 - Garden Grill (dinner - NEW though we did eat breakfast here way back in the day)
Saturday 9/29 - Via Napoli (lunch)
Sunday 9/30 - Kona Cafe (dinner)
Monday 10/1 - Akershus (breakfast - NEW)

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Looks good. I would definitely change out the Coral Reef. I was thoroughly unimpressed with the food and the wait staff.

Narcossee's was delicious, and the wait staff was excellent, but I don't know if I'd do it again for the price (2 DDP credits).

Love the Garden Grill - I don't know how much of the meal is still made from in house ingredients etc, but it's always a 'fresh' tasting meal and delicious dessert.

We haven't been to Liberty Tree since it changed from a character dinner but we always loved the food so we're going back again.

I don't know anyting about The Plaza or Askerhaus

We'll be down right around the same time...Check out our plan.....Don't be mad about the the two Ohana' times we have....:(. We love it...

9\27 – The Wave
9\28 – Ohana’
9\29 - California Grill
9\30 – Ohana’
10\1 - Liberty Tree
10\2 -Garden Grill
10\3 - 50’s Primetime

Have a great time and Keep trying for Ohana - Something will come up!

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Looks good. I would definitely change out the Coral Reef. I was thoroughly unimpressed with the food and the wait staff.

Narcossee's was delicious, and the wait staff was excellent, but I don't know if I'd do it again for the price (2 DDP credits).

Love the Garden Grill - I don't know how much of the meal is still made from in house ingredients etc, but it's always a 'fresh' tasting meal and delicious dessert.

We haven't been to Liberty Tree since it changed from a character dinner but we always loved the food so we're going back again.

I don't know anyting about The Plaza or Askerhaus

We'll be down right around the same time...Check out our plan.....Don't be mad about the the two Ohana' times we have....:(. We love it...

9\27 – The Wave
9\28 – Ohana’
9\29 - California Grill
9\30 – Ohana’
10\1 - Liberty Tree
10\2 -Garden Grill
10\3 - 50’s Primetime

Have a great time and Keep trying for Ohana - Something will come up!

We're only doing Narcoossee's because we will have an extra dining credit.

I want to try the Wave but my sister doesn't see anything on the menu she would like. She's the picky eater of the group.

SO JEALOUS about you having 'Ohana TWICE!! Grrrrrr..... :mad:

minnielaw

Looks great! Of your choices, I have only done Via Napoli, Coral Reef and Kona. I will look for you in the parks...you're the one with the beard and pirate hat right? Just kidding! Loved the banter between you and John and the elementary school "photoshopping" of your pic!

Tinkerbella16

Great choices! I'll be in there the same time and booked Kona and The Plaza. Kona is a must do each trip and The Plaza is something new I'm trying and I've heard nothing but good things about it. O'hana and 50's Prime Time are great choices! Never did California Grill but would love to one day!

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Looks great! Of your choices, I have only done Via Napoli, Coral Reef and Kona. I will look for you in the parks...you're the one with the beard and pirate hat right? Just kidding! Loved the banter between you and John and the elementary school "photoshopping" of your pic!

haha, yep, that's me! Just look for me with my parrot sidekick sister! lol Actualy I might leave the pirate garb at home this trip :p But do look for me! It'd be nice to see some people from the boards there!!

Great choices! I'll be in there the same time and booked Kona and The Plaza. Kona is a must do each trip and The Plaza is something new I'm trying and I've heard nothing but good things about it. O'hana and 50's Prime Time are great choices! Never did California Grill but would love to one day!

We love Kona! Ate there last year for Mom's birthday dinner and loved it! And it doesn't hurt that it's in the Poly and that's my dream resort :)

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Keep checking because Le Cellier will open up at some point. From what I have heard starting 9/25 and on I think a week or two it was not loaded into the dining system...

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Yeah there is nothing, at all, any days we're there for lunch which is really weird but now I know why! I keep checking like 56,384 times day anyways so hopefully when they open up we'll get something!

I check everyday as well. I want lunch there on the 26th.

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
I check everyday as well. I want lunch there on the 26th.

We're trying for lunch on the 28th. Ashley is a picky eater so that's why we're doing Coral Reef and Narcoossee's before she gets there. She hates seafood so she doesn't want to go there. She only just recently started liking steak like 5 years ago and she loves the filet so she really wants to go there.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
We're only doing Narcoossee's because we will have an extra dining credit.

I want to try the Wave but my sister doesn't see anything on the menu she would like. She's the picky eater of the group.

SO JEALOUS about you having 'Ohana TWICE!! Grrrrrr..... :mad:

Don't hate...:animwink: LOL..

I Highly reccomend the Wave (even for picky eaters).
In my opinion...this meal is the closest you'll get to a Signature experience at a non signature restaraunt.

If you've got the extra dining credit I would do the Cali Grill before Narcossee's - again nothing really wrong with Narcossee's just Cali is better :slurp:

Also - totally agree about Kona - Great meal. The atmosphere of the restaraunt itself leaves a bit to be desired..but it is in the Poly so that makes up for it. :D

Obi

been to coral reef as well...

it wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either....

coral reef for me was a 1 and done deal... neat atmosphere with the huge tank to see the fish.... just didn't make up for the food, and service, being so-so....

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Don't hate...:animwink: LOL..

I Highly reccomend the Wave (even for picky eaters).
In my opinion...this meal is the closest you'll get to a Signature experience at a non signature restaraunt.

If you've got the extra dining credit I would do the Cali Grill before Narcossee's - again nothing really wrong with Narcossee's just Cali is better :slurp:

Also - totally agree about Kona - Great meal. The atmosphere of the restaraunt itself leaves a bit to be desired..but it is in the Poly so that makes up for it. :D

We're doing Cali Grill at the end of the month for my mom's birthday so if we love it we may do that instead of Narcoossee's. Just have to wait and see if we like it first!

been to coral reef as well...

it wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either....

coral reef for me was a 1 and done deal... neat atmosphere with the huge tank to see the fish.... just didn't make up for the food, and service, being so-so....

We've never been to CR before and my mother really wants to give it a try. Possibly might switch to Tutto.....

coltow

Monday 9/24 - 50's Prime Time Cafe (dinner)
Tuesday 9 /25 - Coral Reef (dinner - NEW)
Wednesday 9 /26 - Narcoossee's (dinner - NEW)
Thursday 9/27 - The Plaza (late lunch- NEW)
Friday 9 /28 - Garden Grill (dinner - NEW though we did eat breakfast here way back in the day)
Saturday 9/29 - Via Napoli (lunch)
Sunday 9/30 - Kona Cafe (dinner)
Monday 10/1 - Akershus (breakfast - NEW)

We enjoyed Coral Reef in fact I got an amazing steak there.

The Plaza is a hidden gem. The sandwiches are so yummy not to mention the sundaes. We tend to pay for our meal here and use the dining credit somewhere else because the meals are cheap and not always worth spending a dining credit on.

When we first started planning our dining I asked my son (8) of ALL the restaurants in Disney which one would he want to make sure to go back. His answer was the restaurant that went around in a circle when Mickey was a farmer (aka Garden Grill). I do not think he remembered the food just the atmosphere, but that was good enough for me to go back, that it was his choice

two4dud

Akershus's is a great time both for food and character interaction! Coral Reef is decent but if you are considering trying something new...then go for it.

minnielaw

Just called Disney Dining to check on Le Cellier again (since the online system is STILL not recognizing my reservation number) and the operator told me that the computer will not let her book past the 25th of September. She said to keep calling back because it may take a few days for them to "catch up".

DisneyJunkie

Nice timing on your trip, yours will overlap my own by a few days. Thoughts on your "new" places to eat this time....the only one I can really give my thoughts on is Coral Reef.

The wife and I LOVE the place. Great food, great atmosphere. I'm not a seafood eater by any means, but they have a delicious chicken dish I usually get. And as far as dessert, get the Jack Daniels mousse, it's terrific.

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
We enjoyed Coral Reef in fact I got an amazing steak there.

The Plaza is a hidden gem. The sandwiches are so yummy not to mention the sundaes. We tend to pay for our meal here and use the dining credit somewhere else because the meals are cheap and not always worth spending a dining credit on.

When we first started planning our dining I asked my son (8) of ALL the restaurants in Disney which one would he want to make sure to go back. His answer was the restaurant that went around in a circle when Mickey was a farmer (aka Garden Grill). I do not think he remembered the food just the atmosphere, but that was good enough for me to go back, that it was his choice

I'm looking at the steak at CR. I love steak but I don't think I've had any steaks other than the filet at Le Cellier before.

Reviews on Garden Grill are so mixed. Seems like it's a hit or miss place most of the time. Hopefully we'll get it on a "good" night!!

Akershus's is a great time both for food and character interaction! Coral Reef is decent but if you are considering trying something new...then go for it.

We wanted to do a character meal our last morning (which will be at Epcot) so it was either that or Cape May Cafe. We chose Akershus mainly because we didn't want to take a bus to the studios then either walk or boat down to Beach Club! lol We think we will enjoy it though.

Just called Disney Dining to check on Le Cellier again (since the online system is STILL not recognizing my reservation number) and the operator told me that the computer will not let her book past the 25th of September. She said to keep calling back because it may take a few days for them to "catch up".

I check like 5,384 times a day!! I literally sit with the Disney dining website minimized on my desktop at work so I can check as often as I can. Le Cellier is my absolute favorite meal ever and if we miss it this time it'll be the first time since 2002 we haven't gone :cry:

Nice timing on your trip, yours will overlap my own by a few days. Thoughts on your "new" places to eat this time....the only one I can really give my thoughts on is Coral Reef.

The wife and I LOVE the place. Great food, great atmosphere. I'm not a seafood eater by any means, but they have a delicious chicken dish I usually get. And as far as dessert, get the Jack Daniels mousse, it's terrific.

Thanks for the input :wave:

I've always wanted to eat at Coral Reef after seeing it on an episode of Full House back in the day :lol: but we've always done Le Cellier instead. This is really only the second year we've been really into the dining. Before, we'd usually do a couple lunches and a character breakfast but the rest would be counter service. Our trip in 3 weeks we have 4 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 5 dinners :eek: By far the most sit down we've ever had!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom