ADR help for October

Epcot is my fav

Original Poster
Hey guys! I just came back from the World last week and now I am planning a trip for Columbus day weekend for 4 nights. I am travelling with my gfs family and her 4 cousins are coming (ages 12, 9, 9, 7). Our party makes 8 which makes it tricky to go to places everyone wants to eat at. We are on the "free" dining plan but upgraded it so we can have table service meals.

Here are the ADRs I made already:

Thursday October 4th- Biergarten Restaurant for Dinner

Friday October 5th- Sanaa for Lunch

Saturday October 6th- ???? Will be going to MK with the kids most of the day need a suggestion

Sunday October 7th- Sci-Fi for Dinner

Monday October 8th- Via Napoli for Lunch

I need advice/feedback on these reservations. I also need somewhere to go on Saturday.

Thanks!!!!!

LizC

Sounds like a great plan! But, I hope your leaving some room to sample at the food and wine festival. We are going about the same time as you, and that is what we are most looking foward to!

As far as MK I'm not a huge fan of the food there, although I have not tried it all. What about going to one of the hotels on the monorail loop for dinner, maybe ohana?

EDIT: Just realized you are talking about the Saturday before Columbus Day, so Ohana will probably be out. I've been to liberty tavern before and thought it was good.

bethymouse

Magic Kingdom has Crystal Palace Character breakfast or dinner w/ Pooh & friends. There's also the Cinderella's Royal Table- pricey & 2 Table Service Credits. Liberty Tree Tavern has a yummy all you can eat family style meal ( no characters). Tony's Town Square has Lady& the Tramp theme Italian (no buffet or characters).
Polynesian (a monorail or boat ride from MK) has 'Ohana (very popular) or Kona Cafe.
Grand Floridian has a number of choices w/ 1900 Park Fare Breakfast (characters- Mary Poppins Mad Hatter) or dinner (characters Cinderella...). There's also GF Cafe. Narcoossee's, Citricos, & Victoria and Albert's (formal dining)- those are also 2 table service credits.
Contemporary has Chef Mickey's (very popular breakfast or dinner character meals). The Wave. California Grill ( 2 table service credits).

Good luck, and BTW your other choices look great! Enjoy!:D

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Not sure where you are staying, but like the other person said if you feel like taking a break from the MK hop on the monorail and head to one of the resorts. We did Kona Cafe (poly) and were pretty happy with it this year. Someone else mentioned Chef Mickeys (CR). The younger kids would probably get a kick out of seeing the characters and it's a buffet so something for everyone to eat. Maybe a little overpriced for cash guests, but no worries on the dining plan. If you can't get an ADR for your whole party try booking 2 4 person ADRs. There is a chance that when you get there they will be able to push the tables together. If its too crowded the worst case scenario is you split up for a meal.

Epcot is my fav

Original Poster
Not sure where you are staying, but like the other person said if you feel like taking a break from the MK hop on the monorail and head to one of the resorts. We did Kona Cafe (poly) and were pretty happy with it this year. Someone else mentioned Chef Mickeys (CR). The younger kids would probably get a kick out of seeing the characters and it's a buffet so something for everyone to eat. Maybe a little overpriced for cash guests, but no worries on the dining plan. If you can't get an ADR for your whole party try booking 2 4 person ADRs. There is a chance that when you get there they will be able to push the tables together. If its too crowded the worst case scenario is you split up for a meal.

We ate at Kona last week so we wanted to try something else. Is Chef Mickey's just breakfast??

GeoDonJac34

I suggest 1900 Park Fare for dinner. I think the kids would really enjoy the character interaction with the step sisters, and the food is pretty good. Never did breakfast there.

s&k'smom

One of our favorites is Trail's End at FW, not the fanciest food in the world but reasonable and when we went last November had a great chef who attended to everything, kept food fresh. Plus is quiet!

Epcot is my fav

Original Poster
I am debating between The Plaza and/ or possibly just banking the table service to use at another place. I do not want to have to drag 4 kids to the Wilderness Lodge and back. I would love to go back to Whispering Canyon I just do not think its worth the boat ride and time. Not sure yet.

plaz10

Saturday October 6th- ???? Will be going to MK with the kids most of the day need a suggestion

I need advice/feedback on these reservations. I also need somewhere to go on Saturday.

I'll comment on the ones I've been to:
Sanaa is DELICIOUS. Really surprised us but it was an awesome meal. Get there early to check out the animals in the Savannah. Service, food - all top notch. I love the beef short ribs in cinnamon sauce and the chai creme for dessert.

Via Napoli - also very good food...service was not very good. But not bad enough to stop us from making an ADR for our trip in September. Loved the pizza - desserts were just OK nothing amazing.

And for a dinner somewhere by MK - I vote for Kona Cafe at the Polynesian Resort or Grand Floridian Cafe at the Grand Floridian resort. Both resorts are beautiful and definitely worth the monorail ride over. And both menus are pretty great too. If i had to choose - I'd pick Kona.

righttrack

I haven't been to the cafe but can't say enough that the fun at 1900 Park is worth it and food is pretty good too.

Crystal Palace is good and everybody loves Pooh and friends.

mickey2008.1

For MK, i would look at the resort restaurants on the monorail loop. The wave is one TS, so is Grand Floridian Cafe, both great places. If you want to see a show, The spirit of Aloha is fun, especially for the kids. Chef Mickeys has dinner, but is quite noisy and very busy. Ohanas is also a great place to go, get a table with a MK view and watch the fireworks and relax with a nice cocktail, like the LAPU LAPU. Yummy!

maryszhi

Hey guys! I just came back from the World last week and now I am planning a trip for Columbus day weekend for 4 nights. I am travelling with my gfs family and her 4 cousins are coming (ages 12, 9, 9, 7). Our party makes 8 which makes it tricky to go to places everyone wants to eat at. We are on the "free" dining plan but upgraded it so we can have table service meals.

Here are the ADRs I made already:

Thursday October 4th- Biergarten Restaurant for Dinner

Sunday October 7th- Sci-Fi for Dinner

Thanks!!!!!
i would switch sci-fi for 50sd prime time cafe.... the food is much better. for the 6th may i suggest the grand cafe or whispering canyon which are only a monorail ride or boat ride to the hotels. i have mixed feelings on beer garden. le cellier is around the same price and the food is amazing. i love via napoli! sanna is good.

s&k'smom

Love the Grand Floridian Cafe, we had breakfast there twice last November and were very happy with service and food. There is something for everyone, course hubby had eggs and meat but me being the veggie had a delicious fruit and yogurt plate. We sat at the end of the cafe so we could look out the huge windows at the folks going by (me and hubby love people watching).

Epcot is my fav

Original Poster
i would switch sci-fi for 50sd prime time cafe.... the food is much better. for the 6th may i suggest the grand cafe or whispering canyon which are only a monorail ride or boat ride to the hotels. i have mixed feelings on beer garden. le cellier is around the same price and the food is amazing. i love via napoli! sanna is good.

We picked Sci-fi for the kids. We went to Brown Derby and 50's on our last trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom