Admit it, you felt it...

erwinalber4

I never had a full on cry but that part of the old castle show where Mickey asks Minnie to dance with him and all the prince and princesses and tells her she's a princess to him always seemed to get a little watery eye.

Adam Snider

Really weird since Im a 22 year old guy, but i actually teared up from excitement when the new Beauty and the Beast trailer came out.

Magenta Panther

Alright, I got a question for everyone.

Most of us get a little watery eyed during the fireworks show. We may not like to admit it but it happens.

Here's my question,
Have you ever found yourself getting watery eyed someplace you didn't expect it?

My example-
I went to MGM and Epcot on Monday and Magic Kingdom on Tuesday. We hit MGM first and caught a showing of LMA at around 4:00 I think it was. We took our seat and the show started. About halfway through the show during one of the chase scenes, I lost it and it was completely unexpected. I remember thinking to myself "Why during LMA?" LOL. Same thing happened to me during Philharmagic in the Whole New World scene but I love that song.

Anybody else have this happen? Don't be shy :)

-DGJ

Well, I didn't expect to tear up a little at the end of the "One Man's Dream" film, because I already knew a lot about Walt's life. But seeing him in those home-movie clips, clowning around and having a good time...that got to me. And now that attraction is getting dumped in favor of an acquisition purchased by the Anti-Walt. Wow, now I'm tearing up again...

TXDisney

My wife cries every wishes show!!!
Forget about it when we have kids, she'll cry a bakers dozen times a day watching them.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Thats me experiencing these....

Country Bear Jamboree (Childhood favorite)
Illuminations finale
Fantasmic
Mickey's Philharmagic
Finding Nemo (Go with the Flow)
American Adventure - Finale

Cowboy Steve

Alright, I got a question for everyone.

Most of us get a little watery eyed during the fireworks show. We may not like to admit it but it happens.

Here's my question,
Have you ever found yourself getting watery eyed someplace you didn't expect it?

My example-
I went to MGM and Epcot on Monday and Magic Kingdom on Tuesday. We hit MGM first and caught a showing of LMA at around 4:00 I think it was. We took our seat and the show started. About halfway through the show during one of the chase scenes, I lost it and it was completely unexpected. I remember thinking to myself "Why during LMA?" LOL. Same thing happened to me during Philharmagic in the Whole New World scene but I love that song.

Anybody else have this happen? Don't be shy :)

-DGJ
Sorry... 'LMA'?

Goofyernmost

I don't get teary for much of anything. The closest I came was when I made my first solo trip to WDW shortly after my daughters got married and my wife decided that she simply didn't want to be married anymore after 29 years. I remember sitting on a bench someplace and feeling massively sorry for myself, enveloped with memories of a growing family. The noise, the chaos, the laughter, the tears and the memories. Then I told myself to stop dwelling in the past and figure out what your future is going to be. The rest of the trip I mostly had a smile on my face.

However, no single thing has ever really hit me emotionally, I just enjoy it for what it is and don't think about it much.

Pacha

Leaving Epcot at the end of a long day, listening to Promise, my wife took my hand just as we heard the lyrics "Promise, you will take my hand..."

Last edited:

ScarletBegonias

I'm not a crier either.

I didn't even cry on my daughter's first trip when she was 15 months.

On our last trip, on the last day, we watched the Move it Shake It parade, and my daughter (now 22 months) was yelling "HI!!!!!" and waving at all the characters. I guess it hit me that it was our last day in the bubble for a while, and it was just so damn happy there.

KCheatle

tumblr_mxnjgbZhz81rsq3ibo3_250.gif

This!!! My family is so used to see me tear up at WDW (morning show at MK, first look at the castle, first ride on CoP, Illuminations, riding SSE, jiminy cricket talking during Wishes, the kids talking during Wishes- the list goes on and on).

But, in all fairness, my family is used to seeing my tear up all the time. My daughter dances competitively and every time I watch a good dance at her studio or at a competition I cry; every time I see one of those little daddy/daughter dances I cry; etc. etc. I'm a major weeper.

Sonconato

I become very emotional for a lot of reasons at Walt Disney World and as others have said, one reason is for the children that are from the "Make-a-Wish" Foundation which is particularly touching for me as well as any child or adult that has so many challenges in their life, yet the Magic brings a smile to their face.

Just this past weekend, we were at the Festival of the Lion King show and a family in front of us, in the first row, had a young child that had braces on his legs. The mother was so very sweet. They had a stroller for their child and she felt bad that it was right in front of us. She said she uses it because it's easier than his wheelchair. Although we told her it was no problem, she insisted on folding it up to lay it on the floor so we could see better. It really wasn't in our view but she was determined to get it out of our way. Later in the show, when they select children to shake the rainmaker instruments, they selected him. They asked if he could walk and he said yes but it was for short distances. This kid had such a huge smile on his face, you've never seen someone so happy! It was the highlight of the show!

Something else that seems to get overlooked often are those veterans that have served our country. Any time we go to the Magic Kingdom, we always make a point to watch the Flag Retreat Ceremony which has been a Disney Tradition since the day it opened. The part that is particularly touching is when they present a selected Guest Veteran with a Certificate of Appreciation and those present burst out in a long thunderous applause and shout out a big "Thank You". If you ever get a chance to witness this, I highly recommend it. The last one we saw was presented to a veteran that participated in the Invictus Games just last month. This is a picture of him with his companion dog. We could tell it really meant a lot to him and we're always happy to be there and let them know how proud and appreciative we are!
Veteran from Invictus Games.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom