Admission for a border line three year old?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt9112

One of my daughters is 38 and a half inches tall, but she looks taller. Can I sneak her on a ride with a height requirement of 40 inches? ;)

to be fair our last vacation (we now live here) my son was so close to the line we learned Disney is a stickler and won't let you slide. But universal will let an inch or two slide apparently very easily. keep in mind I'm not obnoxious in these universal scenarios I had my arm on my child the entire time.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
You do know that agrument does not work unless they were to implement a sliding scale for the prices.

There is always going to be a cut off. Yesterday it was free, to day it is kids price. Yesterday it was kids price, today I am an adult. Lie about your kids age or not, I really dont care. but when people make the argument that "my kid is just over the age" or "my kids is just under the ride height" they are invalid arguments. IF you have a clearly delineated change in pricing, then you need a bright line where that pricing changes.

-dave

The main thrust of my argument was that paying what is essentially adult prices for a 157 week old is insane. So I won’t do it. Had Disney actually had lower priced tickets for young children, I would have been far more likely to buy him a ticket.

I’m relieved you don’t care if I lied about his age or not. I was quite concerned.

correcaminos

The main thrust of my argument was that paying what is essentially adult prices for a 157 week old is insane. So I won’t do it. Had Disney actually had lower priced tickets for young children, I would have been far more likely to buy him a ticket.

I’m relieved you don’t care if I lied about his age or not. I was quite concerned.
Then why go at all if it is that supposedly insane? The pride you have in this is odd to me as is referring to a 3yo as an age in weeks.

Weather_Lady

The holier then thou carp in these threads always slays me. You guys and girls are a laugh riot.

The original post asked in a nutshell, "can I break the rules, or am I likely to get caught?" and some replied saying, "if you break the rules, that's rule-breaking" or "if you lie, you've been dishonest." Why gaslight those who've simply restated a premise upon which everyone agrees?

Last edited:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
The original post asked in a nutshell, "can I break the rules, or am I likely to get caught?" and some replied saying, "if you break the rules, that's rule-breaking" or "if you lie, you've been dishoneset." Why gaslight those who've simply restated a premise upon which everyone agrees?
Why? Why not? It’s a hilarious hill to die on. Righteous indignation over wether or not a stranger pays full price for their 3 year old. :hilarious:

correcaminos

Why? Why not? It’s a hilarious hill to die on. Righteous indignation over wether or not a stranger pays full price for their 3 year old. :hilarious:
You're cheating or stealing in many people's eyes. Would you be okay with shoplifting? No different IMO. And yes you seem to take an odd amount of pride in cheating Disney out of money. No skin off my back really but to brag about such a thing is not a quality I find endearing in someone.

21stamps

I think the best part of this is not only that someone is bragging on lying about their child’s age to avoid paying a ticket., but that the same person went to guest services to complain about MDE being down for a couple of hours, asking for compensation.. resulting in anytime fast passes.

It’s awesome.

As long as you don’t bring kids into an establishment that serves alcohol, anything else goes.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I think the best part of this is not only that someone is bragging on lying about their child’s age to avoid paying a ticket., but that the same person went to guest services to complain about MDE being down for a couple of hours, asking for compensation.. resulting in anytime fast passes.

It’s awesome.

As long as you don’t bring kids into an establishment that serves alcohol, anything else goes.

I think...you in particular....should avoid righteous indignation.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
You're cheating or stealing in many people's eyes. Would you be okay with shoplifting? No different IMO. And yes you seem to take an odd amount of pride in cheating Disney out of money. No skin off my back really but to brag about such a thing is not a quality I find endearing in someone.

Hahahahahahahha

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
FWIW....the “likes” on the righteous posts are basically a run down of my scroll past list.

21stamps

I think...you in particular....should avoid righteous indignation.

Just for you.. :)
5B89BD37-9C39-41B6-A53C-0EE3A5FBE44B.jpeg 2CE6D070-DD03-46E4-B7B1-E6E73433D2B5.jpeg 91762312-34A3-4BDC-95B4-3F2D971DCBCA.jpeg

Honestly, I just thought that your comment was hilarious after you complained so much during your trip.

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Alright I see the arguments on both sides. I am an honest man myself and believe that shoplifting at a store can be a gateway to stealing cars, or robbing banks, etc. So I do understand what people are saying, rules are rules and no one is forcing anyone to go to WDW. I do think that there ought to be some sort of better price breakdown. My three year old loved Magic Kingdom when we went and went on almost everything, about 85% of things that she could do. That being said, maybe 3 is still pretty young for an admission, can we agree on that at least? Maybe start at 4? Or have a different and cheaper price for 3 at least perhaps? I do agree with the poster who said that a 2 year old that is a week away from being three is free and one week later he isn't, is a bit of an unforgiving line in the sand.

draybook

Shoplifting implies taking without reparation or payment of any kind. This lines up with cheating but not stealing. Not justifying anything, simply making sure we're comparing apples to apples and not the random zucchini and a slice of pound cake.

And I don't know what some of you are talking about, we've NEVER had any CM inquire about the ages of our kids. We've been going since the oldest two were 8 and 7 and nobody asked us squat when they approached and peaked past 10...nada.

You see, Disney is kind of like the kids menu at your local sit down restaurant. Sure, that menu says "under 10", but most likely they're going to let you order off of it and take the money that you have. Same thing here. If you show up at the T&TC and say "2 adults and 2 kids", they're most likely not going to question the kids' ages unless they have full beards and such. Reason being, do they risk ticking you off and NOT getting money from you or do they bite the weenie and take what money they can from you? Easy choice.

Again, we've been 15 times and we've always paid the correct prices on every aspect of our trips. It's not the argument that I'm here to take sides on, it's the self-righteous comments from folks that makes me laugh. Makes me feel like I'm on the DIS sometimes...

Also, if you can argue @xdan0920 's point about the pricing tier being skewed but are okay with an on-site McDonalds that has prices like 50-75% higher than any other of the golden arches off site, I'd have to question your rationale.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Shoplifting implies taking without reparation or payment of any kind. This lines up with cheating but not stealing. Not justifying anything, simply making sure we're comparing apples to apples and not the random zucchini and a slice of pound cake.

It's more akin to downloading a song on Napster when that was a thing. There isn't anything to justify. These holier then thou loons are in here acting like if you don't give Disney an extra $500 for a barely 3 year old, then you are the equivalent of a common criminal.

I would love to see how dirty their closets are. The vehemence reminds of me the recent Matt Lauer stuff. Dude attacked Bill O'reilly(who deserves to be attacked) meanwhile he is just as bad.

People should be careful what they get worked up about. Lying and cheating their favorite multi-national media conglomerate is probably not quite as bad as the skeletons they have piled up in their closets, under their beds, in the floor boards, etc.....

Pixieish

It's more akin to downloading a song on Napster when that was a thing. There isn't anything to justify. These holier then thou loons are in here acting like if you don't give Disney an extra $500 for a barely 3 year old, then you are the equivalent of a common criminal.

I would love to see how dirty their closets are. The vehemence reminds of me the recent Matt Lauer stuff. Dude attacked Bill O'reilly(who deserves to be attacked) meanwhile he is just as bad.

People should be careful what they get worked up about. Lying and cheating their favorite multi-national media conglomerate is probably not quite as bad as the skeletons they have piled up in their closets, under their beds, in the floor boards, etc.....
It must be great to be able to write your own rules. Let me know how teaching your kid that works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom