Admission for a border line three year old?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew M

To answer the question you're thinking of: No Disney officially does not ask for proof of age. If the kid 'looks' over 3 they might ask if you have a ticket for them, but if you tell them no they're under 3, they're not going to question it.

As for the morals behind it, I wouldn't touch that on these boards. Alot of folks don't see any harm in it, especially when sometimes it means almost $800 in savings between ticket and dining plan for a kid who's a month or two over 3. However there are plenty others who will argue the contrary.

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Keep in mind, this was purely hypothetical for me. Just a question for the future. I didn't go to Disney today or anything. I was just asking what others did. Don't tell me there aren't people on here who had a kid who is small and barely 3 and they didn't think about it. Other than that Disney doesn't have my information, or my kid's information. I haven't been in 7 years. None were born.

ToTBellHop

Keep in mind, this was purely hypothetical for me. Just a question for the future. I didn't go to Disney today or anything. I was just asking what others did. Don't tell me there aren't people on here who had a kid who is small and barely 3 and they didn't think about it. Other than that Disney doesn't have my information, or my kid's information. I haven't been in 7 years. None were born.
I don't believe anyone suggested that there aren't people who have thought about doing this. There are many people who have done more than just contemplate it!

But, not all people are good people, are they? If one is a liar and a cheat, then one might as well lie and cheat. And if one can shamelessly do both, why bother caring about the judgment of complete strangers?

I used to pick my nose as a kid. Flame away.

cmoliver68

If my kid was born on February 29 but has been on this earth for 11 years do I have to pay for a ticket? The admission rules are kids under 3 are free. It doesn't say under 3 years old, it implies "age 3" so that would mean that even though my kid has been here 11 years he/she still hasn't reached "age 3" so there should be no charge, right?

Sarcasm, for those who didn't figure it out.

doctornick

Tackling just the second part of this...
People under a certain height are unable to ride all of the rides that those who are taller can, so the rationale for a height based system would be that smaller guests should not have to pay for rides they can't ride.

Universal really needs a height based ticketing policy. It is IMHO pretty ridiculous that they charge for 3 and over given how many of their rides have height restrictions. They should have a cheaper ticket for children who are under 40 or 42".

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I don't believe anyone suggested that there aren't people who have thought about doing this. There are many people who have done more than just contemplate it!

But, not all people are good people, are they? If one is a liar and a cheat, then one might as well lie and cheat. And if one can shamelessly do both, why bother caring about the judgment of complete strangers?

I used to pick my nose as a kid. Flame away.
Only as a kid ? Truthfully now ;)

Miceberg

One of my daughters is 38 and a half inches tall, but she looks taller. Can I sneak her on a ride with a height requirement of 40 inches? ;)
Buy her these and there will be no issue:D
upload_2017-11-27_13-3-39.png

TiggerDad

One of my daughters is 38 and a half inches tall, but she looks taller. Can I sneak her on a ride with a height requirement of 40 inches? ;)
Try a high ponytail with a hairbow directly on top of her head.

If you want to cheat the system, that is. it would give us a chance to debate the ethics of something different for a change.

I'mwatchinguWizowski

We were just there in April with my average size 2 year old and I was questioned how old he was. The CM even asked him. Needless to say I was furious they questioned me because I would have NEVER tried to sneak in my child. We are annual pass holders. Just pay for a darn ticket and if you can’t afford the extra one maybe you should be thinking twice about going.

Pixieish

We were just there in April with my average size 2 year old and I was questioned how old he was. The CM even asked him. Needless to say I was furious they questioned me because I would have NEVER tried to sneak in my child. We are annual pass holders. Just pay for a darn ticket and if you can’t afford the extra one maybe you should be thinking twice about going.
That's the thing though...they have to ask because they know there are people trying to cheat the system.

jimbojones

Since you asked us to flame away....

Think about the message you are sending to your older kids about lying and cheating, and whether that's okay.
This, I considered fudging once and then thought exactly this.I am going to tell my child to lie when I tell her day in and day out that being honest is the most important virtue

Kamikaze

If you say the kid is under three, then he's under three. Same as a child vs adult ticket.

Now, if it was obvious - like the kid was 8 and you tried to pass them off as under 3, they might say something. But if its close, they absolutely will not.

You don't have a lot of the benefits of doing this years ago, because you can't get Fastpasses for an unticketed guest, so it limits you in that regard.

thomas998

A good solution for this would be to just charge a stroller usage fee equal to the price of admission... After all the stroller is taking up as much space as an adult on mainstreet and the 3 or 4 year old that someone wants to pass off as under 3 no longer matters... Let the parents bring him in but if they have to pay for the stroller it won't matter anyways.

I'mwatchinguWizowski

A good solution for this would be to just charge a stroller usage fee equal to the price of admission... After all the stroller is taking up as much space as an adult on mainstreet and the 3 or 4 year old that someone wants to pass off as under 3 no longer matters... Let the parents bring him in but if they have to pay for the stroller it won't matter anyways.

That’s stupid considering those of us are honest shouldn’t be penalized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom