Admission for a border line three year old?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Do they even ask if your kid is three? If you brought in three kids would they ask if someone is three even if they may not look it? Obviously because under three is free admission and 3 isn't.

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
I got it.

I am not sure you are following where this conversation is going.

If you wanted to save a few bucks and your kid doesn't look three and can pass for less does Disney even check? Go ahead, flame away, just a question for the future.

Clamman73

I got it.

I am not sure you are following where this conversation is going.

If you wanted to save a few bucks and your kid doesn't look three and can pass for less does Disney even check? Go ahead, flame away, just a question for the future.
Just think of how this question extrapolates to other situations involving people old enough or not...there's a clear right and wrong without even questioning it.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Do they even ask if your kid is three? If you brought in three kids would they ask if someone is three even if they may not look it? Obviously because under three is free admission and 3 isn't.
To directly answer your question, no, they probably wouldn't ask.

But they might.

And consider this -- do you have your whole family listed in your MDE account? With their birthdays... ?

Last edited:
I’ve never heard of someone being boardline for an age.

It is possible on very selective occasions that one could be 2 or 3 based on interpretation or 36 or 37 or any age with one year difference.

Furthermore, it is possible not to know the age of your child in rare circumstances.

As for admission prices if age is known, like 99.9997% of the time, then do the right thing.

Last edited:

draybook

If you're going to flame this dude, you better be sure that your hands are perfectly clean. That means following every single rule/law that there is. If you say that you do then you're full of feces.

And I don't agree with paying based on size as there are many people who are small/big for their age.

Bartledvd

Makes a great get out clause for Disney if your child was involved in any incident no valid admission should never be in the park .

Larry Mondello

Your mistake was asking that question on this board. I would delete the message. They probably set the age ridiculously low to make sure 5 and 6 year old's have to pay. My kids do not even remember being at Disney World when they were 3.

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

If you're going to flame this dude, you better be sure that your hands are perfectly clean. That means following every single rule/law that there is. If you say that you do then you're full of feces.

And I don't agree with paying based on size as there are many people who are small/big for their age.
He who is without sin cast the first stone.

Everybody fill in their tax form completely correctly? No borderline stuff to save a few bucks?

TiggerDad

Tackling just the second part of this...
People under a certain height are unable to ride all of the rides that those who are taller can, so the rationale for a height based system would be that smaller guests should not have to pay for rides they can't ride.

Weather_Lady

The only true "borderline" situation I can think of is if your child's birthday falls during a WDW trip. In that case, you are permitted to treat them as the age-at-arrival for the duration. (For example, my daughter will turn 10 mid-way through our next trip, but will be allowed to use her "child ages 3-9" multi-day ticket for the whole visit. If we had the dining plan, she would be permitted to use a child-level dining plan throughout our visit, as well.)

Otherwise, you either have a 2-year-old, who is free, or a 3-year-old, for whom you should be paying admission. You won't be asked to give proof of your child's age, but it's typical for CMs to ask the child how old they are (in a chatty and non-threatening way), so if you're tempted to game the system, keep in mind that you may not be the only one who has to be a party to the deception, and ask yourself if "teaching a toddler how to lie" is something with which you want to start your vacation.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Your mistake was asking that question on this board. I would delete the message. They probably set the age ridiculously low to make sure 5 and 6 year old's have to pay. My kids do not even remember being at Disney World when they were 3.
My kids do. And deleting the question won't help -- they've been quoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom