"Adios" El Rio del Tiempo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
So long mes amigos...

El Rio del Tiempo will be closed for refurbishment Jan 2, 2007 - April 1st, 2007 according to Disneyworld.com.

FigmentJedi

Could this be the Three Cabalero's rehab? Wouldn't surprise me...
I'm really going to miss this ride, twas the drugged up love child of Small World and If You Had Wings...
That rehab better keep the Day of the Dead scene and those annoying projected sales peoples...

DDuckFan130

Jalisco no te rajes
Me sale del alma
Gritar con color...:lookaroun

:sohappy:

I am muy feliz about this news...anyone surprised? Ok I thought so :lookaroun

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Weird, i know, but it's on Disney's website. Plus, it is a Monday 3 months later. They opened Nemo on Friday the 13th.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Jalisco no te rajes
Me sale del alma
Gritar con color...:lookaroun

:sohappy:

I am muy feliz about this news...anyone surprised? Ok I thought so :lookaroun

babelfish translation =
" Jalisco you do not crack leaves to Me the soul To shout with color. "

:lol: :lol:

DDuckFan130

babelfish translation =
" Jalisco you do not crack leaves to Me the soul To shout with color. "

:lol: :lol:
LMAO

Well I dunno about rajes (could be one of those Mexican slang words I'm not sure about). Maybe it's Jalisco don't freak out? :lookaroun

I do know the rest is something like "it comes from within my soul to cry with "color" or vigor."

dxwwf3

I enjoy El Rio for what it is and I do like the theme song that some find annoying :). If this is the rumored change, I'll certainly miss El Rio, but I can't complain ONE BIT about an update here. It is needed and it is time. Not sure I like the 3 Cab idea, but I think they could make it work and hopefully they will.

brkgnews

Sigh. I suppose I'll take a ton of pix there in December.

So... am I the only one who thinks it is waaaaaaaaaaaaay past the point where the 3 Cabs are "relevant" to a new ride? Especially given how relatively obscure of a film it is (at least compared to the "big" Disney movies like Little Mermaid, Cinderella, etc).

dxwwf3

So... am I the only one who thinks it is waaaaaaaaaaaaay past the point where the 3 Cabs are "relevant" to a new ride? Especially given how relatively obscure of a film it is (at least compared to the "big" Disney movies like Little Mermaid, Cinderella, etc).

No you aren't the only one. Disney did, however, strike gold with Splash Mountain/Song of the South in a similar situation. Sure I wouldn't expect any change to El Rio to come close to that, but I guess it has been successful once before. But no I also don't really see the point.

Epcot82Guy

I will really miss this attraction. It's been one of my favorites since I was a little kid. I really hope they don't over-Disney this. I frankly find it insulting that they are putting the Disney characters into permanent places across WS. I hope they at least keep this very Mexico-oriented (but I have my doubts unfortunately). I'm glad its getting some much needed attention, but more nails are going into the Disney coffin for me all the time.

dxwwf3

I don't mind having A FEW character greetings around WS as long as they are on the outskirts of the pavilions where they don't mess with the themeing. Having characters in the attractions themselves doesn't thrill me at all.

But with that said, if they put the money and effort behind it, they can turn any character based attraction into a great attraction that everyone in the family (not just the kids) can enjoy.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
First off.. 3 Cabs features Donald. There is a very good chance it will be successful just because of Donald.

World Showcase needs change.. why belittle it? Anything happening is good, especially at a boat ride that no one rides...

dxwwf3

First off.. 3 Cabs features Donald. There is a very good chance it will be successful just because of Donald.

That's a good point. I don't think that an attraction based solely on those characters and their stories would work that well, but if they integrated those characters into something that fits more in the tone of WS, it could definitely work.

Magicot

:eek:What exciting information! My first reaction was 'NO! Why bring more disney characters into Epcot!?'. But I quickly changed my mind. I can see this really working well. Imagine a fresh new ride with Donald and friends exploring the culture of Mexico, it would be entertaining and educational. ERdT just seems so tired and stale now a days, and to see any worthy new ideas go in there would just be swell. Yay for improvements to World Showcase!:sohappy:

However, how much could actually get done in three months? Are we talking about a complete overhaul or just the addition of a few cab AAs? Anyone? (Lee?)

GymLeaderPhil

Is it just me or whenever I ride El Rio we seem to be the only boat there? Anything tasteful and entertaining that get people on this ride, along the lines of say the recent Nemo additions, is a welcomed addition in my book.

dxwwf3

Imagine a fresh new ride with Donald and friends exploring the culture of Mexico, it would be entertaining and educational.

That is about the only way I could see this really working well and hopefully that is the route they will follow.

Victor

I will really miss this attraction. It's been one of my favorites since I was a little kid. I really hope they don't over-Disney this. I frankly find it insulting that they are putting the Disney characters into permanent places across WS. I hope they at least keep this very Mexico-oriented (but I have my doubts unfortunately). I'm glad its getting some much needed attention, but more nails are going into the Disney coffin for me all the time.

I couldn't agree with you more. Even though I've always ragged on it, it has still been a must ride. I thought the whole policy in WS was to keep any Disney characters outside or in front of the pavillion, as to not detract from the true story being told once inside. Personally, if I was from Mexico, and got on a ride that was supposed to be representative of my country, and saw Donald Duck and friends prancing around in sombreros...I'd be ed.

dxwwf3

Personally, if I was from Mexico, and got on a ride that was supposed to be representative of my country, and saw Donald Duck and friends prancing around in sombreros...I'd be ed.

I'm sure they can't be too happy with the current attraction though :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom