Additional Disney FASTPASS Locations and New Disney MaxPass Coming to Disneyland Resort

Disney Analyst

The benefit if they start charging crazy prices and remove the free version, Standby should go down from no one using it... Making it a better experience for everyone.

mickEblu

I hated the idea first, but man, it's pretty liberating to know months/weeks in advance you'll be able to walk onto the big e-tickets (and Peter Pan!) when you get there and not have to fight the crowd to score a FP or wait in line. Frees you up to plan other things and arrive at the park whenever you feel like it. With DL, I always feel like I have to be there for rope drop to stay ahead of the crowds and get on the big rides. It can be stressful!

With a big vacation I would agree with you. But DLs visitors are a different demo. A lot of locals and APs who visit spontaneously. The last thing I want to do is have to book a Space Mountain FP weeks/months out or be stuck with standby wait times (shudders).

drizgirl

I hated the idea first, but man, it's pretty liberating to know months/weeks in advance you'll be able to walk onto the big e-tickets (and Peter Pan!) when you get there and not have to fight the crowd to score a FP or wait in line. Frees you up to plan other things and arrive at the park whenever you feel like it. With DL, I always feel like I have to be there for rope drop to stay ahead of the crowds and get on the big rides. It can be stressful!

And it's disappointing to know that if you want to FP more than one headliner at Epcot you probably won't be able to. Or if your kid gets off a headline ride saying "let's go again" your only option at that point is probably a very long standby wait.

Phroobar

And it's disappointing to know that if you want to FP more than one headliner at Epcot you probably won't be able to. Or if your kid gets off a headline ride saying "let's go again" your only option at that point is probably a very long standby wait.
That could be taken care of in different pricing levels. You could have the option to "go again" without waiting in line.

I got to stop giving them ideas.

Curious Constance

If I was betting I think this will become free eventually. The only explanation with the introductory pricing is they don't want every guest using it until the kinks are worked out. Once it's running properly and can support thousands of guests accessing it simultaneously, it saves the park money by removing legacy kiosks and CM's manning them. Digital is far easier to maintain... once it works that is.
I'm really hoping this is true. Why else would they have thrown in Photopass other than to give is SOME value while they work out the kinks.

dweezil78

Sure, but that's no much different than getting to DL on a busy day and seeing that the next available FP for Space Mountain is at 9pm when its just after lunch time -- or arriving to DCA just after the park opens only to find no FPs for RSR left for the entire day. At least with WDW's system, you're eliminating that need to get to the park early to have a chance.

Travel Junkie

At least with WDW's system, you're eliminating that need to get to the park early to have a chance.

No, you just have to plan out your entire day way in advance to have a chance. I am planning a trip to WDW right now and I have to get up at 4AM California time to try and get a FP for 7DMT that I won't ride for a month. I'm now locked into going that day to MK and that time or not ride it without a really long line.

No system is perfect and WDW's has it's pro's, but I prefer how every other Disney park handles FP and I have a feeling with WDW's system was better, then the other parks would have moved over to FP+ with advance ride reservations already.

drizgirl

Sure, but that's no much different than getting to DL on a busy day and seeing that the next available FP for Space Mountain is at 9pm when its just after lunch time -- or arriving to DCA just after the park opens only to find no FPs for RSR left for the entire day. At least with WDW's system, you're eliminating that need to get to the park early to have a chance.

But the fact remains that if you WANT to experience certain headliners at DL, it's still within your power to get there early enough in the day to still get a FP. Not one FP has been distributed prior to park open that day. At WDW, it is possible to have most of a given day's FPs gone before the rope ever drops, leaving you with few alternatives other other than long waits.

The loss of that blank slate every morning is one of the things I dislike most about FP+.

dweezil78

No, you just have to plan out your entire day way in advance to have a chance. I am planning a trip to WDW right now and I have to get up at 4AM California time to try and get a FP for 7DMT that I won't ride for a month. I'm now locked into going that day to MK and that time or not ride it without a really long line.

No system is perfect and WDW's has it's pro's, but I prefer how every other Disney park handles FP and I have a feeling with WDW's system was better, then the other parks would have moved over to FP+ with advance ride reservations already.

Like anything, there's a strategy to it all. 7DMT, like RSR, is just unfortunately always terribly difficult to get because of the newness factor. You can grab FPs for almost every other ride days before your park visit. I was at WDW on a busy week during the holidays and had no problem getting all the FPs I wanted.

Little secret for the new/popular stuff like 7DMT and Frozen -- be persistent and keep checking once you're at the park. Unlike DLR FPs, WDW FPs can and will free up and become available throughout the day as guests change their schedules around. I was able to do the Mine Train 3 times during my visit just by keeping an eye on availability. Literally had one open within 5 minutes of the available slot and walked right on.

With the ability to change/cancel FPs, there's WAY more fluidity going on with the WDW system. No FP today doesn't necessarily mean no FP tomorrow... or even an hour from now.

drizgirl

Like anything, there's a strategy to it all. 7DMT, like RSR, is just unfortunately always terribly difficult to get because of the newness factor. You can grab FPs for almost every other ride days before your park visit. I was at WDW on a busy week during the holidays and had no problem getting all the FPs I wanted.

Little secret for the new/popular stuff like 7DMT and Frozen -- be persistent and keep checking once you're at the park. Unlike DLR FPs, WDW FPs can and will free up and become available throughout the day as guests change their schedules around. I was able to do the Mine Train 3 times during my visit just by keeping an eye on availability. Literally had one open within 5 minutes of the available slot and walked right on.

With the ability to change/cancel FPs, there's WAY more fluidity going on with the WDW system. No FP today doesn't necessarily mean no FP tomorrow... or even an hour from now.

"Be persistent and keep checkign" sounds an awful lot like PITA in my book.

I don't want to feel like I won the lottery lucking into a spot someone else cancelled. I like knowing that if I get up early and get to the parks, I can experience a wide variety of the headliners I want to ride with little or no wait. I don't want to spend my Disney trip constantly checking my phone to see if I lucked into a spot. Nor do I want to spend the days and weeks leading up to my trip hoping I luck into a spot.

dweezil78

The loss of that blank slate every morning is one of the things I dislike most about FP+.

Like I said.. Pros and Cons for each and they are very different parks. You're right, I don't want to have to book far in advance at DL. I rarely 'vacation' there other than a few 2 night stays here and there. At WDW though I have a different mindset and am happy to not have to get to the park at rope drop even if it means a few select attractions may be harder (far from impossible) to find FPs for. Allows me to have a relaxing, unrushed breakfast, hang out at the pool, maybe a few cocktails around the resort, and then stroll right on in and walk onto a guaranteed three rides. I'll take that over having to go all Lord of the Flies around the park for FPs just about any day of the week. :D

dweezil78

"Be persistent and keep checkign" sounds an awful lot like PITA in my book.

I don't want to feel like I won the lottery lucking into a spot someone else cancelled. I like knowing that if I get up early and get to the parks, I can experience a wide variety of the headliners I want to ride with little or no wait. I don't want to spend my Disney trip constantly checking my phone to see if I lucked into a spot. Nor do I want to spend the days and weeks leading up to my trip hoping I luck into a spot.

To each his/her own... Looking at the WDW app right now, I can get a FP for early AM tomorrow for just about any attraction tomorrow morning with the exception of the mine train -- Space Mountain and Peter Pan included. It is not nearly as dire as you make it out to be.

drizgirl

To each his/her own... Looking at the WDW app right now, I can get a FP for early AM tomorrow for just about any attraction tomorrow morning with the exception of the mine train -- Space Mountain and Peter Pan included. It is not nearly as dire as you make it out to be.

I don't think this is a high crowd time in the parks. And I don't care if it's possible. I want to know that I can count on it. But I don't live near either of the resorts. When we get there, we're not able to go back next week and catch what we missed this week. We are likely to have one day in each of the parks and that's it until next time, which is typically a couple years away.

D

Deleted member 107043

Unfortunately, I think they re kind of already doing that with the dining packages. They have left no stone unturned. Lol

Don't you think a dining/show package with preferred seating is different than upcharging outright? I'm not giving dining packages a pass, but it's not the same.

D

Deleted member 107043

Why should someone get that with admission?

Because Disney is offering a much more robust and technically advanced FP system at it's 4 Florida parks for free. It's indisputable that Disney can charge whatever it wants, and usually I go along with it, but this is one of those times where it's hard to understand the justification.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom