Additional Disney FASTPASS Locations and New Disney MaxPass Coming to Disneyland Resort

D

Deleted member 107043

I don't know. If I'm spending those outrageous prices for 1 day park hoppers ($900 for a family of 6), I'm pretty sure I would spend another $60 for that perk to make the most out of my $900.

But it doesn't even begin there. There's the cost of actually getting there + the crazy rates Disney charges for its hotels + admission tickets + food ++++.

I fully understand that Disney has every right to charge what it can, but at what point do they damage the brand and the experience with high admission prices, overcrowded parks, and service upcharges? To me they've already crossed the line, and this new Fastpass wrinkle just adds to the fire.

D

Deleted member 107043

Why must people go and cry at them on the blog?

If you don't like it, don't use it... if no one uses it, it goes away. Simple.

I think it's one thing to get emotional about the loss of a favorite ride, but when a trusted brand starts fooling around with pricing it can really strike a nerve with a lot of people. Disneyland is expensive, and it always has been, so nickel and diming people like this is naturally going to elicit complaints from customers.

Disney Analyst

I think it's one thing to get emotional about the loss of a favorite ride, but when a trusted brand starts fooling around with pricing it can really strike a nerve with a lot of people. Disneyland is expensive, and it always has been, so nickel and diming people like this is naturally going to elicit complaints from customers.

I'd only call it nickel and diming if they were to make you pay for Fastpass in general from now on. This is an added service to make FastPass more convenient. Now, if they remove the free version eventually then we can call it that.

D

Deleted member 107043

Goes down in flames but keep digital FP, just for free right?

Not sure. I mean I'm all for efficiency, and if digital FPs are the best way to achieve that then I approve. I was really hoping for a more robust system, like MM+, at DLR to be honest. Maybe I'm wrong, but it feels like because DL guests have to pay a fee for a far less integrated experience than MM+ they are getting shafted on this one.

D

Deleted member 107043

I'd only call it nickel and diming if they were to make you pay for Fastpass in general from now on. This is an added service to make FastPass more convenient. Now, if they remove the free version eventually then we can call it that.

So then why not charge extra for every "premium" experience like front row seating at the Castle for fireworks, lagoon side seating in Blue Bayou, front rows in The Hyperion and so on? Would you consider that nickel and diming? And at what point do customers revolt and say no?

Disney Analyst

So then why not charge extra for every "premium" experience like front row seating at the Castle for fireworks, lagoon side seating in Blue Bayou, front rows in The Hyperion and so on? Would you consider that nickel and diming? And at what point do customers revolt and say no?

Don't they already do that with preferred viewing Dessert Parties and Dinner packages?

You do what the market allows, and you stop when the market no longer allows it. I really don't see the issue with this. They haven't taken anything away... it should have little impact on the normal Fastpass user.

mickEblu

Unfortunately, I think they re kind of already doing that with the dining packages. They have left no stone unturned. Lol

mickEblu

Not sure. I mean I'm all for efficiency, and if digital FPs are the best way to achieve that then I approve. I was really hoping for a more robust system, like MM+, at DLR to be honest. Maybe I'm wrong, but it feels like because DL guests have to pay a fee for a far less integrated experience than MM+ they are getting shafted on this one.

I don't really know enough about MM+ to form a valid opinion but I know I don't like the thought of reservations for rides 3 months out.

dweezil78

I don't really know enough about MM+ to form a valid opinion but I know I don't like the thought of reservations for rides 3 months out.

I hated the idea first, but man, it's pretty liberating to know months/weeks in advance you'll be able to walk onto the big e-tickets (and Peter Pan!) when you get there and not have to fight the crowd to score a FP or wait in line. Frees you up to plan other things and arrive at the park whenever you feel like it. With DL, I always feel like I have to be there for rope drop to stay ahead of the crowds and get on the big rides. It can be stressful!

Disney Analyst

And that attitude is exactly why Disney is able to do stuff like this.

I am just being realistic... It's a business. This isn't Walt's dream of affordable family fun anymore, it's a publicly traded, capitalist company.

Charging you $10 per person per day for digital Fastpass which you should be getting for free with park admission?

Why should someone get that with admission? With admission you get to enjoy a world class theme park with a free fast pass option. What obligation does Disney have to offer a free, better version of Fastpass while the current Fastpass exists?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Charging you $10 per person per day for digital Fastpass which you should be getting for free with park admission?

Why should we be getting it free? It was never free before. It's a new service. They decided to charge. The old service still exists. The impact of the new service should have very little impact on the old service.

VJ

Why should we be getting it free? It was never free before. It's a new service. They decided to charge. The old service still exists. The impact of the new service should have very little impact on the old service.
It's free at WDW...

Disney Analyst

It's free at WDW...

Disney World gives you no other options. As well, if you are a visitor like the Normal Disneyland visitor at WDW, you can only get the slim pickings after the hotels have booked everything, day of. The only advantage Fast Pass + get's over there is if you pay for the ridiculous resort prices.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom