Actual quote from Guest...

WDWGuy

Original Poster
I overheard a woman say this to their daughter walking through Epcot:

"Keep drinking that water...until....you stop drinking it!"

wow.

:hammer:

bennyw01

better than the one me and my brother saw at IOA.

cat in the hat doing meet and greet.

the most red neck guy i have ever seen, beer in hand, flag of the south t shirts, the works!

"hey look darlin! its dr suess!"

me and my brother laughed for hours, maybe he should stop hitting the goose or moose juice. :lol:

Msully

the most red neck guy i have ever seen, beer in hand, flag of the south t shirts, the works!

me and my brother laughed for hours, maybe he should stop hitting the goose or moose juice. :lol:

Thats like the girl i heard when we went to Down Town a year back.
Girl: Heya Momma i like taking these bussy things. That make a soothing noise and smell really good.

Mother: I no darlin and i am just happy that lazy man you call an Uncle got us a vacation at World of Disney.

bennyw01

i love it when parents fill there kids with false hope about rides they can go on that clearly dont exsist.

"hey jnr first thing were going to hit up is that there incredibles coaster"

"yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay INCREDIBLES"

children run off the bus, and return later slighty confused still asking where that ride is? lol :brick:

Chape19714

As bad as that is, many WDW guests insist that the peguins from Mary Poppins are from Happy Feet.:brick:

And What time is the 3:00 parade :p

bgraham34

I yeah i heard two funny things last week.
1. Spanish family talking about what rides are in the Studios. Aerosmith, Men In Black, ET and Back to the Future.
2. Hey honey can we go see Shrek he is in Toon Town.

PintoColvig

I heard a guy who was standing under the now-being-refurbed SSE say: "Dang, this one's closed, too. They ought to shut all of WDW down for a year and fix 'em all at once."

:lookaroun Yeah, that makes good business sense. And for all of those WDW employees, I guess they get a 12-month vacation. :rolleyes:

C.M.O

when i worked as a CP I worked in Fantasyland. A guest came into Sir Mickeys and asked me "where's the castle?". Granted, it was in the midst of being painted a lovely shade or two of Pepto Bismal pink, but still, it was right there! I have also gotten the "when's the 3:00 parade" question. Up until then I didn't really believe that people really did ask that question. :ROFLOL:

Captain Hank

Guest in reference to Spaceship Earth: "I heard that early every Sunday morning, they take all of those tiles off, clean them off, and then take the crane away before anyone shows up. What do you think of that?"

Other Guest: "Sounds like a good way to p**s away money."

Me: :brick:

bradg84

I worked at World of Disney at Downtown Disney. And every night I heard a variation of "we were at disney world today" and I'd say... "you mean Magic Kingdom?" and then they'd say "no, disney world... the one with the castle."

It got old.

mousefan1972

I worked at World of Disney at Downtown Disney. And every night I heard a variation of "we were at disney world today" and I'd say... "you mean Magic Kingdom?" and then they'd say "no, disney world... the one with the castle."

It got old.

I can't believe how many people I talk to that think MK is "Disney World." :hammer:

Even my 4 year old knows that when we're at our resort, we're still at Disney World!!

I can imagine how much that must annoy you CM's.....

the-reason14

I heard this little girl in the back of me on ToT say, "Mommy, are we back from the toilet zone yet." It was pretty cute and funny.

Captain Hank

I can't believe how many people I talk to that think MK is "Disney World." :hammer:

Even my 4 year old knows that when we're at our resort, we're still at Disney World!!

I can imagine how much that must annoy you CM's.....
You get used to it after a while.

I'm a bit more annoyed by park-specific things. I've heard Test Track called Fast Track, Race Track, Fast Pass, Quick Track, Race Car and "That Car Ride." I've heard Fast Pass called Fast Track, EZ Pass, Quick Pass, Quick Track, Test Pass, Fast Ticket, the "Ticket Thingy," and other things that shouldn't be repeated in polite company (mostly by Cast Members). I heard the monorail called The Tram and The Train more often than "monorail."

Don't worry, I'm not one of those people that freaks out when things aren't called by their proper name (though it's sure confusing when a Guest asks whether they need a "Quick Track for Fast Pass"). I do cringe just a bit, though.

mousefan1972

You get used to it after a while. I'm a bit more annoyed by park-specific things. I've heard Test Track called Fast Track, Race Track, Fast Pass, Quick Track, Race Car and "That Car Ride." I've heard Fast Pass called Fast Track, EZ Pass, Quick Pass, Quick Track, Test Pass, Fast Ticket, the "Ticket Thingy," and other things that shouldn't be repeated in polite company. I heard the monorail called The Tram and The Train more often than "monorail." Don't worry, I'm not one of those people that freaks out when things aren't called by their proper name (though it's sure confusing when a Guest asks whether they need a "Quick Track for Fast Pass"). I do cringe just a bit, though.

Well, you must have the patience of a saint, then.
Me? Not so much. It would drive me bonkers!

As we walked through Camp mickey at AK where donald duck is fishing..someone said to their kids - "hey look its daffy duck" - my mom couldn't let that go and turned around and said nicely "its donald" :ROFLOL:

rdour@techminds

Oh, please keep this up. This is the funniest thing I've seen online today. I swear I've overheard so many wrong things while at WDW, and it takes all of my mental strength to not just cut in and correct. especially when you know the result will be something horrible. A good example, I heard someone state that Illuminations was at 10:00 PM when the park closes. It actually closed at 9:30 kicking it off with the fireworks. Of course, I wanted to correct these people, but I thought that would be rude. But, its hard, because you know there is going to be trouble later if they got their info wrong based on assumptions.

Things like assuming Spectromagic and Wishes run at the same time every night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom