Accident on Pirates

ABQ

Look at all those vertical poles close to the track it passes. If you had your arms out stretched on both sides and leaning slightly outwards either side you would almost definitely hit your hands on them. 2:12 onwards is particularly bad.

I know this is just a model, but I do believe it is near to scale and those poles are further apart than I believe arms could reach.
DSC07344.jpg

found here http://www.spacestation77.com/archive/model/

Goofyernmost

Well, as previously stated, keep your hands in the boat! Save your fingers and let everyone else enjoy the ride. Can you imagine being on POTC and seeing someone get their finger tips chopped off!?!
As long as it wasn't me or someone that I had to take care of... meh! Stuff like that happens every hour of the day someplace in the country, I'm not about to get all excited about it just because it was at Disney. Especially at Disney, because they go above and beyond in an attempt to let people know what the dangers are and ask them not to do that stuff. Heavens the "hands inside" warning is almost a part of our language by now.

Figaro928

Sorry - I'm just reading all this now - BUT here's my $0.02.... I really hope there weren't any small kids - or really any kids- on the boat with him at that time. Witnessing another guest getting his fingers sliced off could definetely alter the way you see the ride from now on....

dadddio

... And once again you prove how little you know about business in general, let alone the Parks and Resorts department of TWDC. Good for you.

I'm often amused by your lack of knowledge, yet your confidence in the opposite. So you've got that going for you, which is nice.
Once again, you insult with no substance.

Disney has been known to go to the mattresses when fighting meritless lawsuits.

dstrawn9889

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...aribbean-log-flume-putting-hand-not-been.html

British Media is running the story. I like the fact he is taking responsibility unlike your average American who would be suing for millions.

I'm surprised no one has lost any arms on Space Mountain since there are metal poles everywhere close to the riders.

really? after all the time they took at 7dmt with the templates to make sure nothing touches, that they wouldnt do that with ALL high-speed rides, so no one has an amputation event, or a decapitiation?

Disneyfamily4

This guy will unfortunately get settlement money. Cast Members on the ride that say "keep hands inside the vehicle at all times", by law, is not a suitable defense to guard against accidents. In Law, announcing this, makes Disney more liable, showing their awareness to something bad that can happen. Defense Lawyers will argue rails should be on the boats.

Saying "keep hands inside at all times" is comparable to the "beware of dog" sign law. It may be everywhere, but in New York State, if a kid gets bit by a dog, with the owners having that sign posted, it is an instant loss for the owners, plus damages are multiplied. The Beware of dog sign is the worse thing a person could hang up on their property because you are announcing you have an aggressive dog.

Now I know some might argue this, but my Wifey is a lawyer and she said all of this when the story first came out. l

ABQ

Have you met the savages that live here? Better yet, have you ever looked through all the court cases where people sue Disney frivolously?

I have and the commentary is spot on.
I'm not saying there aren't a ton of dirt bags within the good ol' USA who wouldn't jump at the chance to sue the Mouse. However, it's probably difficult to do when you don't live in the country, just the logistical nightmares. But do we know that, for example, many French don't sue DLP or the same taking place in Hong Kong, etc...? Again, I'm not saying a huge number of American's haven't sued WDW, but the guest count is heavily weighted by American's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom