Accident at WDW kills CM

orlpassholder

Original Poster
BREAKING NEWS!!!

A CM was killed today behind the magic kingdom by a parade float

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A cast member at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom theme park was hit and killed by a parade float Wednesday afternoon, according to Local 6 News.

Disney Parade Float Crushes Disney Worker

Local 6 News has learned that a man was crushed by a vehicle expected to be in the "Share A Dream Come True" parade. The accident happened at about 3:30 p.m.

The Reedy Creek Fire Department is investigating.

Disney is preparing a statement.

Figment1986

how could this have happened? there were alot of safty measures in back there, or i figured there were.

my heart goes to family of that CM
(and hope they dont sue)

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Figment1986
how could this have happened? there were alot of safty measures in back there, or i figured there were.

there are a lot of safety measures in place... however, they can't prevent carelessness on the performers/float drivers behalf. This isn't the first time I know of a float hitting a person, but the first fatality.

In MGM, the Toy Story car in the parade has gone into the guests at least once, and in Animal Kingdom, floats have hit guests... due to the float drivers carelessness. In Epcot during tapestry of nations, at least 1 performer had their foot ran over (and crushed) and a tug hit the margarita stand in Mexico. None were due to any mechanical trouble... rather, careless float drivers.

I have a feeling there aren't gonna be any MK parades for a while.

now pardon me, I'm praying that it wasn't someone IN know who died/was responsible for the death.

Can a moderator sticky this thread?

crazygirley

I hope this wont mess up my band trip in early march.
That sounds a little selfish and self-centered now, doesn't it? Sometimes people should think before they speak...or post.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I hope this wont mess up my band trip in early march.

dude... someone is dead, and all you care about is your band trip?

Go back to your own site

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom