About the Disney Dining Plan...

nickys

Premium Member
It will not be back in 2022 there is no need for Disney to offer it
That’s what was said about hotel discounts for 2022.

Once they can hire enough staff to run restaurants at full capacity I think the dining plan will follow. Although I agree the plans are unlikely to be offered for 2022, they might start selling them this year for stays in 2023.

They need to increase staffing first though whether local or through the international programmes being restarted.

Dave B

The discount they offered is really a façade it’s not much off and it’s the appearance of a promotion but it’s really not cheaper than any other day actually a lot more expensive than the past even with the discount Supposed discount

Patcheslee

That’s what was said about hotel discounts for 2022.

Once they can hire enough staff to run restaurants at full capacity I think the dining plan will follow. Although I agree the plans are unlikely to be offered for 2022, they might start selling them this year for stays in 2023.

They need to increase staffing first though whether local or through the international programmes being restarted.
I'm kinda hoping they will give an update around they release 2023 packages in normal June timeframe.
Brings up, all the non-Disney owned restaurants did yearly contracts right? Maybe it will take a bit to get them on board too.

nickys

Premium Member
A quick look at this site’s resort articles shows:
- a Summer discount of $500
- 20% off resort stays
for this year. And there were discounts last summer too. Plus AP discounts. It may be disappointing to some but they’re still discounts.

Dave B

The 20% off discount is kind of deceiving as it’s only for AP holders and Florida residence doesn’t apply to 98% of the attendees And $100 off of deluxe resort after they’ve already raised the prices more than $100 again is not much of a discount

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
The 20% off discount is kind of deceiving as it’s only for AP holders and Florida residence doesn’t apply to 98% of the attendees And $100 off of deluxe resort after they’ve already raised the prices more than $100 again is not much of a discount
That won't even pay for parking over a 5 night stay...

NelleBelle

Maybe with the hike in fuel (both auto and jet), there will be less travel and there will be discounts? I'd rather the reason for the fuel hikes would stop but I foresee it lasting a fair bit 😕 Never have been so happy to have been an early planner, booking our airfare for this summer back in Jan.

Club Cooloholic

A quick look at this site’s resort articles shows:
- a Summer discount of $500
- 20% off resort stays
for this year. And there were discounts last summer too. Plus AP discounts. It may be disappointing to some but they’re still discounts.

Yup, a discount is a discount, folks said there wouldn't be any this year and here they are, can't see how anyone can argue that.

Dave B

It’s like shopping at Kohls if you don’t shop with a coupon you lose out
They raise there prices and make you think you got a great deal with their 30%off coupon Disney just did the same thing raise the prices and offer a small discount to make it appear as if they are doing something for the customer look at prices from 6 months ago even 3 months ago also look at prices after the suppose discount ends in July prices are the same as the discount offered

PixarPerfect

Original Poster
Just back from my 9 day stay and, having booked ADRs for all but 2 meals with no repeat restaurants across all 4 parks and several resorts (20+ sit downs), I'm pleased to say there were very few empty tables available. In fact, most of the restaurants were packed and reseating as quickly as guests left. If there's a staffing shortage at the restaurants, it wasn't obvious during our stay!

Pluto89

Just back from my 9 day stay and, having booked ADRs for all but 2 meals with no repeat restaurants across all 4 parks and several resorts (20+ sit downs), I'm pleased to say there were very few empty tables available. In fact, most of the restaurants were packed and reseating as quickly as guests left. If there's a staffing shortage at the restaurants, it wasn't obvious during our stay!
Happy to hear this! We have a trip booked for October as well. We are big fans of the DDP. I know that it never truly saves money but we enjoy it simply for the convenience of having the entire vacation mostly paid for. Disney makes money on selling these so I’m sure they want it back as soon as they can offer it. While I’m not planning on having it for our trip this time I do hope they give some news on it soon. They already said it’s coming back but no exact date. I could see it returning this year possibly summer or fall but again I’m not counting on it.

WDWmazprty

Yeah always loved the DDP. Always worked out for us, you can order anything you want really.....whether its the expensive filet mignon or the cheap burger. Obviously, its better if you order the more expensive stuff to get the most out of it. Can't wait until it returns.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom