ABC Theater new show to be "The Stars of Hollywood Hills"?

mickeysgal

Last week my kids were watching the Disney channel and something called
"365" came on. It was taped at DHS with two members of HSM and a bunch of teens doing some sort of HSM karaoke. Guest could sing all the songs from both movies and the animated stars danced on the screen. Maybe it will be like that, only on a larger scale.:shrug:

wdwmomof3

I know that my kids would love to see a good HSM show but I am about tired of it already. :lookaroun I'm sure what ever they decide to put in it will be great. Maybe it will be something totally different from either of these ideas.

kcw

Do you have a link to it??:)

www.disneyauditions.com

edit: actually here's the full link http://corporate.disney.go.com/auditions/disneyworld/schedules/schedule_dancersinger.html

interesting note- I believe that in previous audition postings for HSMPR, it has mentioned something about it being a parade, but in this one it doesn't mention anything about that...?

someone else has told me that they are planning on running BPB twice a day, which would conflict with HSM- so there is a possibility of them finding a permanent location for it... which seems to back up why it isn't called a parade on the audition site anymore...?

now whether that is what is going into the ABC theater or not....is anyone's guess

dxwwf3

I do hope that something for the whole family comes to the theater. It would be a shame to have a High School Musical show that only elementary school kids are interesed in. The current show style for HSM is PERFECT. Not a lot of money pumped into it (so when the fad dies out, you haven't spent a lot) and it doesn't take up the space of where a higher quality attraction could reside. Also, most importantly, the current HSM production seems to work pretty well.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
someone else has told me that they are planning on running BPB twice a day, which would conflict with HSM- so there is a possibility of them finding a permanent location for it... which seems to back up why it isn't called a parade on the audition site anymore...?

now whether that is what is going into the ABC theater or not....is anyone's guess

I've heard that The High School Musical show has been taking place in the Fantasmic courtyard this week. Not sure if its a permanent change or just for the busy holiday week. Maybe they are testing that area out as a new permanent location?

Enderikari

interesting note- I believe that in previous audition postings for HSMPR, it has mentioned something about it being a parade, but in this one it doesn't mention anything about that...?

Well, essentially, the High School Musical Pep Rally, and High School Musical: School's Out! are both parades. Its just a quick route, a show stop (I don't really expect anyone in entertainment to remember those) and a quick route back. So it is essentially a parade, with only one float

CaptainMichael

I've heard that The High School Musical show has been taking place in the Fantasmic courtyard this week. Not sure if its a permanent change or just for the busy holiday week. Maybe they are testing that area out as a new permanent location?

Nothing like drawing more attention to Sunset Blvd.:dazzle:

nanna

HSM PR is in the fantasmic courtyard just for the busy holiday week.

They did the same during the Super Soap weekend.

Over 1000 people watched each show when it was held at the fantasmic courtyard during the soap star weekend, so popularity is not declining!

disnyfan89

Ok I just had a thought! All week High School Musical performers have been walking around on a rampage because they all have to audition again if they want to be in the indoor production. So an indoor production is coming BUT I don't think ABC theater is big enough at all to house High School Musical. So what is the solution? If you look at the pictures for the Backlot theater it is clear they are keeping the theater well intact. So here is what I think is happening! High School Musical goes into the newly refurbished and enclosed Backlot theater. A different show such as American Idol or Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader or maybe even heck Superstar Television 2 (don't I wish!) makes it debut. High School Musical Pep Rally goes away and the cast either is apart of the new show or absorbed by Block Party Bash! Plain Simple and Easy plan so you know its not going to happen!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Well, putting HSM2 in the Backlot would actually put an attraction back there, which is sorely needs. The area is abandoned between showing of LMAX.

kcw

Well, essentially, the High School Musical Pep Rally, and High School Musical: School's Out! are both parades. Its just a quick route, a show stop (I don't really expect anyone in entertainment to remember those) and a quick route back. So it is essentially a parade, with only one float

yes I know they're parades, and I know what show stops are ;). And I basically use HSMPR to abbreviate for both versions 1 and 2. But when auditions (even for School's Out) were first posted, it mentioned something about it being a parade. But now, there is nothing like that so I am assuming that it is moving to and indoor location with a non-parade format.

It would be a shame to have a High School Musical show that only elementary school kids are interesed in.

(so when the fad dies out, you haven't spent a lot) and it doesn't take up the space of where a higher quality attraction could reside. Also, most importantly, the current HSM production seems to work pretty well.

I'll dispute that one- I'm 20, my sister is 15, and my mom still tells me she's 32 :)D), and we all enjoy HSM. And even my dad will watch the parade without complaining! And if you ever look at the crowds watching the HSM parade, you'll notice that they are pretty diverse when it comes to age and even gender!

....I don't think the fad will die out anytime soon- there's still another movie on the way...

and yes, the format works well for it now, but it won't once BPB gets into full swing

WaltsApprentice

Last week my kids were watching the Disney channel and something called
"365" came on. It was taped at DHS with two members of HSM and a bunch of teens doing some sort of HSM karaoke. Guest could sing all the songs from both movies and the animated stars danced on the screen. Maybe it will be like that, only on a larger scale.:shrug:

Thats an idea... but I think they were just trying to promote their new wii game and since HSM pep rally schools out thing is at DHS might as well promote both !! GO Synergy!! :) But good idea.. but I think something like that is too small and that would mean they would use more screen...which everyone on this board just LOVES :animwink: But I hope that they wouldn't do something like that...I hope

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom