ABC News on Disney Parks Secrets and 50th

General Grizz

imagineer boy said:
I got five out of six right! :sohappy: The one that messed me up was the oldest attraction at WDW one.
For your reference:

1971: 26 original Magic Kingdom attractions: Jungle Cruise; Swiss Family Treehouse; Sunshine Pavilion (Tropical Serenade); Cinderella's Golden Carrousel; Dumbo, the Flying Elephant; Mad Tea Party; Mickey Mouse Revue; Mr. Toad's Wild Ride; It's a Small World; Snow White's Adventures; Diamond Horseshoe Revue; Frontier Shooting Gallery; Country Bear Jamboree; Mike Fink Keel Boats; Hall of Presidents; Haunted Mansion; Main Street horseless carriage, Jitney, fire truck, horse-drawn streetcar and omnibus; Main Street Cinema; Walt Disney World Railroad; Skyway and Tomorrowland Speedway

1972: If You Had Wings
1973: Pirates of the Caribbean; Walt Disney Story; Swan Boats; Tom Sawyer Island
1974: StarJets; "Magic Carpet 'Round the World" film
1975: Space Mountain; Carousel of Progress; WEDway PeopleMover; Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes
1980: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
1982: Five Future World and nine World Showcase pavilions at Epcot: Spaceship Earth; The Land; Journey Into Imagination; Universe of Energy; World of Motion; Canada; United Kingdom; France; Mexico; Germany; Italy; China; Japan; American Adventure
1983: Horizons (EC)
1984: Morocco showcase (EC); "American Journeys" film (MK)
1986: The Living Seas (EC); Captain EO (EC)
1988: Mickey's Starland (MK); Norway showcase (EC); Disney-MGM Studios Production facilities
1989: Dreamflight (MK); Wonders of Life (EC); original Disney-MGM Studios attractions: Great Movie Ride; Backstage Studio shuttle tour; Magic of Disney Animation tour; "Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular"; Behind the Scenes Special Effects walking tour; Superstar Television; Monster Sound Show
1990: Star Tours; "Here Come the Muppets" show; "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids" Movie Set Adventure
1991: Jim Henson's Muppet*Vision 3D (ST)
1992: Splash Mountain (MK); Voyage of the Little Mermaid (ST)
1993: ATAS Hall of Fame plaza (ST)
1994: Innoventions (EC); The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror (ST); Legend of The Lion King (MK); "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience" (EC); The Timekeeper (MK); Theater of the Stars (ST); Planet Hollywood restaurant (PI)
1995: New Tomorrowland (MK) including The ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter
1996: Mickey's Toontown Fair (MK); Universe of Energy (EC)
1998: Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin (MK); "The Enchanted Tiki Room - Under New Management" (MK); original Animal Kingdom attractions: The Boneyard; Countdown to Extinction; Cretaceous Trail; Kilimanjaro Safaris; Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail; Wildlife Express; Conservation Station; "It's Tough to be a Bug"
1999: Test Track (EC); Disney's Winter Summerland miniature golf course; Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith (ST); The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (MK); Millennium Village, Leave a Legacy, Imagination! presented by Kodak (EC); "Sounds Dangerous Starring Drew Carey" (ST); "Bear in the Big Blue House" (ST)
2000: DisneyQuest's interactive Pirates of the Caribbean adventure (DD)
2001: The Magic Carpets of Aladdin (MK); "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire-Play It!" (ST); "Walt Disney: One Man's Dream" (ST); Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama! TriceraTop Spin (AK)
2002: Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama! Primeval Whirl (AK)

(Courtesy of http://www.mydisneyworld.com/disney-world-timeline.asp)

MKCP 1985

General Grizz said:
For your reference:

1971: 26 original Magic Kingdom attractions: Jungle Cruise; Swiss Family Treehouse; Sunshine Pavilion (Tropical Serenade); Cinderella's Golden Carrousel; Dumbo, the Flying Elephant; Mad Tea Party; Mickey Mouse Revue; Mr. Toad's Wild Ride; It's a Small World; Snow White's Adventures; Diamond Horseshoe Revue; Frontier Shooting Gallery; Country Bear Jamboree; Mike Fink Keel Boats; Hall of Presidents; Haunted Mansion; Main Street horseless carriage, Jitney, fire truck, horse-drawn streetcar and omnibus; Main Street Cinema; Walt Disney World Railroad; Skyway and Tomorrowland Speedway
Yes, very helpful, but this doesn't answer the question. It seems at least one of these attractions was "pre-owned," and therefore, older.

Sir Hiss527

Great article, and awesome pictures..But it seems to me that Disney World got more attention than Disneyland. Tommorrrow is the Big Day!

General Grizz

figmentfan said:
General Grizz.......................

What happened to 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea Attraction in your list?
Thanks...the list is also missing other things, like the CBChristmas Special. I found the first website I could for "WDW Timeline" for a quick post... alas... :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom