ABC News on Disney Parks Secrets and 50th

se8472

Original Poster
Just thought I would pass this along. Its mostly DL but there is some WDW, so its still a good read

-----------------------

A Strange Ride Through Disney Theme ParksWho Combs the Talking Robots' Hair? Where Does the Magic Kingdom Greet Real Kings?
Disney theme parks are celebrating the 50th anniversary of Disneyland.

(Walt Disney Co.)

By BUCK WOLF

May 4, 2005 — If you're not tall enough to ride Space Mountain, you're probably not ready for this tour of some of the strangest corners of Disney.

Fifty years ago, Walt Disney gambled $17 million on Disneyland — the world's first theme park. Up to that point, amusement parks were largely roadside carnivals and state fairs. Other amusement park operators laughed, dismissing Disney as a Hollywood filmmaker dabbling in a business he didn't understand....

...Flying Toupees on Space Mountain: When Disney World closes for the day and the lights go on, just about everything imaginable has been found on the floors of Space Mountain. Don't be embarrassed to claim your lost sunglasses and wayward toupee. It's happened before. Go to central Lost and Found. You'll be happy to know that the spare change you had in your pocket will be donated to charity...

Rest can be found at ABCnews.com

And yes its true, everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING has been found. But there is also a quiz on the main site that I failed :(

trr313

Wow that was a great article, I have never heard of the Club 33 at Disney, wow if I were rich I could sign up on the waiting list.lol Thanks again...

Disneyfan1981

ThreeCircles said:
Wow. Flash Mountain? Let's hope this one doesn't show up on shirts. :rolleyes:
Yeah, good ol' Flash Mountain. This one has been around for awhile, funny to think when your picture didn't show up someone behind you may have been getting funny with the camera. :lol:

ScrapIron

I feel no shame for falling short on any question involving Sly Stallone.

It's not a very well written story though, mainly in the fact that it starts off talking about DL, then goes into new attractions at WDW without making it clear that the setting moved to the other side of the country. Sheesh, this is Journalism 101. (Yes, I have taken Journalism 101).

Cheers.

Melerella

I thought it was a trick question..number 6 that is. One of the answers said "Track Test"...

Did that happen to anyone else or no?

dizneykev

I got all 6 right. I was expecting something a little trickier. I certainly don't consider myself a history of Disney person, but all of the answers seemed to come to me quickly. I get there on Friday and can't wait!

Dizneykev

figmentfan

I got ALL 6 right...

The Sly was a tricky one, but I remember that Atlas kind of looked like Sly alittle bit.

Here is a little trivia for you guys............

The Contemporary Resort Tower rooms were built on the ground, and then hoisted into place like drawers on a dresser. They built like that so they could slide them in and out for remodeling puroposes. Now the foundation has settled, the rooms can no longer be removed.

There is no water runoff from Spaceship Earth (the Ball) when it rains, because all the water rained upon the ball gets channeled out to the World Showcase Lagoon.

tigger248

Ralph Wiggum said:
flash mountain has it's own website. donated pics by former Cm's.

They're mostly from DLRs splash too (or so I'm told). WDWs splash cms do a better job at making sure none of the bad pictures slip through.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom