Abc Logo gone from ABC Theater!!!!!

disnyfan89

I have never even been in that theater...how big is it? About how many people can they fit in there? If they put something real popular, say Hannah Montana, in there, is it big enough to accomodate it?
It all depends on what seating they installed in the theater. Last I heard all the orginal seating was removed. My guess is they would install seats like at Nemo in AK becuase they hold more than the individual seats.

Pirate665

That wouldn't be possible because NBC owns Universal Orlando and the today show has done spots from there recently.

GE owns UO and IOA. I was working there when the switch hit. Everyone was actually happy about it because it meant better benefits. NBC leases the sets.

>Steve

sillykid

You know what I hate about the Studios? All the "setup" for the attractions. I have to wait in a line for the attraction to start and then I have to watch and listen about the setup of the attraction. For example, LMA with the whole first 10 minutes being a person talking about how movies are made and were gonna see this and this, yadda yadda, then you see a quick scene and then back to more talking. Same goes for Indy Jones and even in the beginning of millionaire you had to sit there and listen to them tell you directions and then introduce everyone. Backlot Tour does the same thing with the ship scene. Its just too much listening and watching! Walt wanted the guests in his theme parks to be part of the show and the studios really removes this element which works so well at the Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom.

The Studios needs more solidified attractions. You have TOT, RNRC, Muppets and GMR. Thats really it. One Mans Dream is great, but doesn't fit the Studios theme and should be in Magic Kingdom in a prominent spot. Backlot Tour is pretty lame since the majority of it has been removed. I think Monsters Inc should be moved to the Studios near Pixar Place and then add another E and D ticket near the rear of the Studios park and you'll be in business.

Welcome to Disney, Home of the pre-show hell. :ROFLOL:
Actually, I do feel some are needed. Yet Disney has been known to have loooong pre-shows for years.

CubsRock

GE owns UO and IOA. I was working there when the switch hit. Everyone was actually happy about it because it meant better benefits. NBC leases the sets.

>Steve

It is true GE owns UO and IOA. This is so because GE owns it through their ownership of NBC-Universal. Both the GE and NBC Universal websites mention the theme parks in one way or another. Anyway wouldn't Disney want to promote abc's GMA instead of its competitor nbc news's Today Show, if they revive of Superstar Television were to happen?

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
It is true GE owns UO and IOA. This is so because GE owns it through their ownership of NBC-Universal. Both the GE and NBC Universal websites mention the theme parks in one way or another. Anyway wouldn't Disney want to promote abc's GMA instead of its competitor nbc news's Today Show, if they rivival of Superstar Television were to happen?

Probably true, although several of the original shows featured in SST were properties of Disney "competitors" as well -- Letterman, Cheers, etc.

In any event, we're likely discussing the details of something that'll never happen. Although I'd love it, I doubt SST is coming back.

No, I don't mean Walt Disney's classic cartoons, those are the kind of cartoons they SHOULD be playing. They shouldn't be playing this other new crap that isn't even quality enough for Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon. They should be playing stuff that has to do with Walt Disney, not some of this crap they have just to compete with the other childrens' networks. I just don't see how HM or HSM have anything to do with Disney. Disney should be about family, not cheesy childish "sitcoms" and musicals.

Who was the original Mickey Mouse Club aimed at? Certainly not adults. "Spin and Marty", that was pretty much aimed at tweens of the 1960's.

The Disney Channel is still about family. They make tv shows and movies that parents can feel comfortable letting their kids watch and might even enjoy themselves. I'm an adult and I get a kick out of Hannah Montana. I knew moms who adored Lizzie McGuire. Times have changed and Disney can't ignore that. Back then you had Hayley Mills, Tommy Kirk, and Annette Funnicello, now days you've got your Zac Efron and Miley Cyrus. It really isn't so different than what Disney's always been about, it's just that times have changed and Disney has adapted.

EPCOT_1138

TGIF_logo.bmp

ABC_logo_2.gif

ABC_logo_1.gif

Yes, that's the TGIF logo (the previous Friday night lineup), but you can see that the logo itself was never yellow. They had a graphics theme that was yellow, but the logo never was.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom