Abc Logo gone from ABC Theater!!!!!

dizpins14

Wasn't the logo on the ABC Theater the bight yellow with black letters one they started using like 10 years ago? ABC switched to a black logo with white letters so that's probably why it was taken down. Disney is famous for synergy; to not have the ABC theater would go against the Disney business plan.

CubsRock

Although I doubt it will happen, I could not agree more. To me, SuperStar Televsion and the Great Movie Ride were always the two attractions that felt like they got the tone, the fun, and the informational parts of a movie-themed park in just the right balance.

Imagine what they could do today...scenes from Desperate Housewives,and Lost for the adults, Hannah Montana and the Suite Life of Zack and Cody for the kids, resuse the Today show and David Letterman pieces, perhaps a SportCenter highlight reel to replace the Howard Cosell interview. So much potential...

That wouldn't be possible because NBC owns Universal Orlando and the today show has done spots from there recently.

EPCOT_1138

Wasn't the logo on the ABC Theater the bight yellow with black letters one they started using like 10 years ago? ABC switched to a black logo with white letters so that's probably why it was taken down. Disney is famous for synergy; to not have the ABC theater would go against the Disney business plan.

ABC never used a yellow logo. It's always had its black one pretty much since the channel started.

Enigma

Account Suspended
Why? Because the point of running a business is appeal to the masses, HSM or AI would do just that. VERY smart move in my opinion.

It is true but HSM and AI have their respected audiances but that does not mean people want to see them in a theme park. Who Wants to be a Milionaire was extremly popular a long time ago but when they built the attraction it was not really that sucessful and is now making way for somethig new while rides like Pirates, Haunted Mansion, even Star Tours are still soaking in the crowds decades later. Hipster stuff just does not translate well into attractions. Being a business doesn't mean you make stupid decisions. You want to bring people into your park in droves? Build a Harry Potter or Star Wars land or something of that nature. An HSM or AI show is not going to get people to come to the park.

People want to be transported to another world when they go to a theme park not be reminded of mundane reality.

dbogue

Update: not sure this was posted in the picture but I am at work now, just got back from thust area and both abc signs are down not just 1. Not anything revealing but hey.

mcranmer

I have never even been in that theater...how big is it? About how many people can they fit in there? If they put something real popular, say Hannah Montana, in there, is it big enough to accomodate it?

djkidkaz

You know what I hate about the Studios? All the "setup" for the attractions. I have to wait in a line for the attraction to start and then I have to watch and listen about the setup of the attraction. For example, LMA with the whole first 10 minutes being a person talking about how movies are made and were gonna see this and this, yadda yadda, then you see a quick scene and then back to more talking. Same goes for Indy Jones and even in the beginning of millionaire you had to sit there and listen to them tell you directions and then introduce everyone. Backlot Tour does the same thing with the ship scene. Its just too much listening and watching! Walt wanted the guests in his theme parks to be part of the show and the studios really removes this element which works so well at the Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom.

The Studios needs more solidified attractions. You have TOT, RNRC, Muppets and GMR. Thats really it. One Mans Dream is great, but doesn't fit the Studios theme and should be in Magic Kingdom in a prominent spot. Backlot Tour is pretty lame since the majority of it has been removed. I think Monsters Inc should be moved to the Studios near Pixar Place and then add another E and D ticket near the rear of the Studios park and you'll be in business.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
I have never even been in that theater...how big is it? About how many people can they fit in there? If they put something real popular, say Hannah Montana, in there, is it big enough to accomodate it?

I seem to recall reading that it holds about 1000 people. I remember it seeming quite large.

coilback

ABC logo was there today....My vote for that space is an updated Superstar Television. Don't know why they got rid of it in the first place. It was always a great show and different every time since there was a new cast of volunteers each time. It was always full when I went making it a huge people eater. It also worked well with the "studio" aspect of the park. Bring it back.

Think you were looking at the wrong studio. I work there (not in that studio but next to it) and the logo wasn't there yesterday.

coilback

SUPERSTAR TELEVISION was a GREAT show and still a viable concept. Could work in the Hollywood section at DCA too. ABC and Disney have so many hot TV properties - ESPN Sports Center, Good Morning America, LOST, All My Children, Hannah Montanna.....and many more. All would make great scenes in a revised version of Superstar TV.

And a side note / question. Is the ABC logo also gone from the art deco Tower on the Chinese Theater side of the building or just the marquee out front. If not, they just might be changing the marquee for the show but keeping the facility as the ABC Theater.

It's gone up top and in the front, but they did put new signage up on the side (facing the theater) advertising new shows on ABC

mcranmer

Since I have never been in there, obviously I don't have a picture, but somebody must. Can anyone post a picture of what it used to look like before whatever is going on in there now got started? THANKS!

brisem

I just hope that there will not be an HSM or Hannah Montana show at the ABC Theater... please nothing Disney Channel related. Disney Channel is a disgrace to the whole Disney company. It is a cheesy over-advertised network that has nothing to do with anything Disney. Since when were these stupid children's "sitcoms" and cartoons a part of Disney? They should change the name of the network to something like "Happy-Go-Lucky Channel" or some other stupid name to go along with the programming. :lookaroun

Actually, The Disney Channel is doing what it needs to do--promote the Parks and Merchandising. Last year's two most profitable things were HSM and Hannah Montana. If you watch it, you'll see they push everything from Videos to movies to the Parks. All of it adds to the bottom line and more money to do the rehabs.

I believe cartoons have always been a part of Disney--maybe you heard of the cartoon character Walt Disney created--Mickey Mouse?

EPCOT_1138

Actually, The Disney Channel is doing what it needs to do--promote the Parks and Merchandising. Last year's two most profitable things were HSM and Hannah Montana. If you watch it, you'll see they push everything from Videos to movies to the Parks. All of it adds to the bottom line and more money to do the rehabs.

I believe cartoons have always been a part of Disney--maybe you heard of the cartoon character Walt Disney created--Mickey Mouse?

No, I don't mean Walt Disney's classic cartoons, those are the kind of cartoons they SHOULD be playing. They shouldn't be playing this other new crap that isn't even quality enough for Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon. They should be playing stuff that has to do with Walt Disney, not some of this crap they have just to compete with the other childrens' networks. I just don't see how HM or HSM have anything to do with Disney. Disney should be about family, not cheesy childish "sitcoms" and musicals.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
ABC never used a yellow logo. It's always had its black one pretty much since the channel started.

During it's peak, TGIF had a yellow ball logo.

TGIF_logo.bmp

ABC_logo_2.gif

ABC_logo_1.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom