ABC Commissary Changes

elisatonks

Original Poster
sorry if this has already been possted - couldn't find any other posts re this.

The Cuban Sandwich has been removed and replaced with the chicken Bleu (basically a chicken sandwich with ham and cheese.) The lady on the register also told me that they are no longer going to be serving breakfast in there.

NMBC1993

Wow that place sure is going downhill. I loved the Ruben sandwich:slurp: First they get rid of a real breakfast such as pancakes and French toast, now they don't have breakfast at all? Is there still somewhere to get quick service breakfast at DHS?

drossjr

i liked the cuban sandwich.

we usually hit this place for breakfast if we were at the studios and wanted something quick. It wasnt the best so I am not too terriably upset by this. I will miss Boatwrights breakfast more.

EPCOT Explorer

Wow that place sure is going downhill. I loved the Ruben sandwich:slurp: First they get rid of a real breakfast such as pancakes and French toast, now they don't have breakfast at all? Is there still somewhere to get quick service breakfast at DHS?

I was kinda thinking the same thing.:shrug: I remember eating there in the 90's and it being very, very good.

Recently...I was kinda grossed out.:lol::lookaroun

jakeman

/sigh....QSR continues to be standardized and go down hill.

I don't complain much, but this really annoys me.

jakeman

:eek:

Jake agrees!

*adds to tally*

Dude, this is getting funny.:lol:
:ROFLOL:

Yeah, I'm a total foodie. While I really don't have many complaints about table service, the QSR menus have really taken a nose dive over the past 2 years or so.

See! I see areas that need improvement, I just don't go on and on about them.

shaelyn

we ate there sort of reluctantly last week (QS DDP, had dinner in HS at Pizza Planet) and it was definitely a forgettable experience. Zero options and what we had wasn't very good. I remember enjoying eating there even just a few years ago.

EPCOT Explorer

:ROFLOL:

Yeah, I'm a total foodie. While I really don't have many complaints about table service, the QSR menus have really taken a nose dive over the past 2 years or so.

See! I see areas that need improvement, I just don't go on and on about them.

Oh, you're no fun.:p:lol:

But yeah, agree here. I don't necessarily go to WDW for the food, (last thing, as a matter of fact.) but QSR is what I usually get when at the World. This just makes it more bland. Shame the McD's are closing...:lol:

Cmdr_Crimson

I have to say that I am not a fan of this place.. The only thing I think is rather strange is naming the food after the shows....I wonder if during the 1990 TGIF Era they had funnier food names...for example

Perfect Strangers Chicken & Fish
Full House Club Sandwich
Family Matters BLT
Step by Step The Salad

bgraham34

I have not been there in a while but I usually only stopped for a quite bite at breakfast so it does not really affect me.

TURKEY

Today or tomorrow will be the last day for breakfast. They will have breakfast items at Fairfax Fries (if I remember correctly).

Captain Chaos

Going?? I ate there in 2007 and thought the place was terrible back then.. it's gotten worse?? OY!!!!!

wolf359

It's disappointing that there seems to be a growing trend to standardize and homoginize the food offerings. After all of the increases in quality and variety over the last 10-15 years it seems a shame to slide back to the way things were before, with burgers and chicken being the overwhelming options.

dvitali

while it was one of my fave places for a quick bite, On my last trip to the studio I was disappointed that change the music of my fave ABC shows from the past with a monitor of current promo of abc shows. 1999 or 2002 when ever the Happy Days theme came over the speaker All the cashiers and Food Server / Cook would stop and get up and dance and bang on pots and pans or counter for the song. Any children in line would get balloons free. I was alway quarntee a seat in that place. I hope soon that they bring the fun back soon or close the place and expand the Sci-Fi restuarant next door.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom