AAVacations and DW

thereisnospoon

OK, so decided to cash in airmiles for a trip to DisneyWorld.
And that got me a couple of nights at the Polynesian for a very nice price.

My problem is, how on earth do you sign up for anything at DW?
Since AAVacations is the 'travel agent' I don't have a Disney confirmation number, and so trying to find out how to plan anything ahead is somewhat confusing.

I *think* I have the Disney Magic Express set up now, but that took some phone calls to get AAVacations on the ball.

But for instance, I can't log into the Disney site, enter my confirmation number and start attaching reservations for things to that trip.

Anyone else had this problem and worked around it?

Craig & Lisa

OK, so decided to cash in airmiles for a trip to DisneyWorld.
And that got me a couple of nights at the Polynesian for a very nice price.

My problem is, how on earth do you sign up for anything at DW?
Since AAVacations is the 'travel agent' I don't have a Disney confirmation number, and so trying to find out how to plan anything ahead is somewhat confusing.

I *think* I have the Disney Magic Express set up now, but that took some phone calls to get AAVacations on the ball.

But for instance, I can't log into the Disney site, enter my confirmation number and start attaching reservations for things to that trip.

Anyone else had this problem and worked around it?
You did not say if you call AAA to get the number, if you did then the only thing I can say is call Disney directly and see what they can do for you, you never know they may have you in the system sometimes they can find you by your name.
By the way, welcome to the boards.

Upvote 0

thereisnospoon

Original Poster
unfortunately AAVacations is being a bit clueless.
(heck at first they though the Magical Express would be an additional charge!)
And Disney's response has been that since AAVacations is the travel agent, I need to go through them.
Of course I'm not sure how that helps with the website....

In short, its a pain.
And I'm just curious if anyone else has ever gone this route before.
Come on, I can't be the only one to have thought of this! <grin>

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Disney is absolutely correct. If you went through AA Vacations, they are listed as your travel agent and the folks at Disney CANT by law talk to you. I am assuming that you had gotten DME added, yes? Other than that what information did you need to plan anything? Belle

Upvote 0

KingStefan

Note that you can make reservations for dining and other activities by giving your home phone number - you do not need a reservation number for this (although you may have to wait until 180 days prior to the reservation, rather than 180 days prior to your arrival at a Disney resort - I'm not sure; you'd have to call and ask. But that makes little difference, unless you are trying to get CRT, or maybe front row at HDDR, or best times at Le Cellier, etc. - but for the vast majority of things it should not make much of a difference).

For DME and room preferences and meal plans, you will have to go through your travel agent if you originally booked through one.

Upvote 0

LaughingGravy

That's exactly why the next time we go when funds allow:dazzle:, we're using Kingdom Konsultants, again. Everything was handled through emails and a few easy calls with easy access.
I just dealt with Pam at the time, as Marie was just starting with them.

They pay me nothing for this endorsement!!
KK just made the trip a truly no fuss vacation, especially when considering all the aspects of planning a WDW trip, plane tickets, DINING RESERVATIONS, etc.

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

That's exactly why the next time we go when funds allow:dazzle:, we're using Kingdom Konsultants, again. Everything was handled through emails and a few easy calls with easy access.
I just dealt with Pam at the time, as Marie was just starting with them.

They pay me nothing for this endorsement!!
KK just made the trip a truly no fuss vacation, especially when considering all the aspects of planning a WDW trip, plane tickets, DINING RESERVATIONS, etc.
YES, YES, KK is the best at getting what you want and then they hit you with the unexpected suprise that makes it even better. Marie did it for us, and when it comes time again we will not hesitate to ask for their help. There is so much they can do that we never thought of. And the best part about it is they know so much about WDW because they go like we do on these boards.

Upvote 0

imamouse

Here is another unsolicited testimonial for Kingdom Konsultant. :king: Pam and her team are wonderful and will bend over backwards to make certain that your trip planning is hassle-free. I will never book without them again!

Upvote 0

lilclerk

Since you booked with a TA, you won't be able to log into the website. You can call 407-WDISNEY (1-407-934-7639) to make any meal reservations, they'll look you up by confirmation number or phone number.
Do you have park tickets? You can purchase those separately, you don't need to contact your TA for that. All you should really need them for now is making sure your Magical Express is all set up.

(I just tried to call 407-WDW-DINE as an experiment and it goes to a completely different company... anyone else getting this or am I just dialing totally wrong?)

Upvote 0

KingStefan

I thought that the 407-WDISNEY number was for hotel, ticket, and package related things, and the 407-WDW-DINE was for ADR etc. (although they can also answer lots of questions, such as park hours, info on special events like eat to the beat, and the inevitable what time the 3 PM parade is:lol:. But I'm not 100% sure.

Upvote 0

slowbee

I've used AAVacations many times (including our upcoming December Trip). Yes, Disney doesn't handle anything when it comes to your reservation (room , air, etc)... but the dinning reservations and tickets you can do on your own. You can buy tickets on the web site.. call and have diner plans all set up. AA will handle DME as well. We've never had an issue with using AAV. But, since we are now part of DVC, we're now going to be using AAV less and less...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom