AAA Diamond Parking Going Away?

dreamfinder

Is that 15% on top of what Disney offers because otherwise this doesnt seem worth the cost when Disney offers 15% - 35% off their rooms almost year round.

Nope. Disney discounts are typically an either or situation. The AAA discount is usually year round at most room types, and can be booked months in advance. So unlike the discounts you are talking about that normally come out 30-90 days in advance, you can usually call in January to get the AAA member discount for a booking in November. It may not be the best discount, but it usually covers some like POFQ that are getting hard to get udner the other discounts.

Doesn't the discounts/benefits depend on which level of AAA you have?

Don't believe so.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Nope. Disney discounts are typically an either or situation. The AAA discount is usually year round at most room types, and can be booked months in advance. So unlike the discounts you are talking about that normally come out 30-90 days in advance, you can usually call in January to get the AAA member discount for a booking in November. It may not be the best discount, but it usually covers some like POFQ that are getting hard to get udner the other discounts.
Ahh... okay, makes sense now.

mbtohill

We were at the parks earlier this month and used Diamond Parking at MK, Epcot and HS without any problems. Seems like AK is the only park that offers it sporadically and it's been that way for a couple years now.

I actually buy the Diamond Parking pass on Ebay for $5-$8 and then resell it when we finish our trip. It is a GREAT perk when we get to use it. I usually end up running ahead of the family and get the car cooled down and pull it around to pick everyone up. On hot May days it helps keep everyone happy!

dadddio

We were at the parks earlier this month and used Diamond Parking at MK, Epcot and HS without any problems. Seems like AK is the only park that offers it sporadically and it's been that way for a couple years now.

I actually buy the Diamond Parking pass on Ebay for $5-$8 and then resell it when we finish our trip. It is a GREAT perk when we get to use it. I usually end up running ahead of the family and get the car cooled down and pull it around to pick everyone up. On hot May days it helps keep everyone happy!
Is this an appropriate time to mention that the AAA parking passes are non transferable and to opine that abuse of these passes could hypothetically get the benefit yanked?

G00fyDad

The only trouble we have ever had at AK with a diamond parking pass was when the lot attendant / security guard / high and mighty cm would not look at the front of my car as I pulled up to them and came to a stop so they could see the pass. I finally got tired of waiting for them to look and honked my horn. They still did not look up so I just drove past them to the diamond parking lot. That's when they decided to actually do something and got on the golf cart thing and came chasing after us yelling. I lit right back into them telling them to wake up and do their job, and to go around to the front of my car and look at the pass. They did, but said i should have waited for their acknowledgment. I told him to do his job right, pay attention, have a nice day and we went on into the park.

G00fyDad

Is this an appropriate time to mention that the AAA parking passes are non transferable and to opine that abuse of these passes could hypothetically get the benefit yanked?

I think that if Disney really cared that much they would put mechanisms in place to prevent this. Things such as Diamond Parking Passes with printed personal information on the pass before it is sent to the person and the need to verify the information at the lot. They could also tie the DPP into the magic bands so that they have to be scanned before you can go to the lot.

dadddio

I think that if Disney really cared that much they would put mechanisms in place to prevent this. Things such as Diamond Parking Passes with printed personal information on the pass before it is sent to the person and the need to verify the information at the lot. They could also tie the DPP into the magic bands so that they have to be scanned before you can go to the lot.
Not that your post doesn't have merit, but the idea that it is OK to ignore rules if there aren't enough safeguards in place to stop you is bad logic, in my opinion.

G00fyDad

Not that your post doesn't have merit, but the idea that it is OK to ignore rules if there aren't enough safeguards in place to stop you is bad logic, in my opinion.

That's not what I was trying to say. However, this is one of those small rules that's going to get broken whether people like it or not. The only thing that relegates this rule to a non-issue is the fact that it does not cost Disney any money and it does not take any money away from Disney. Mark my words, when something like this does start costing Disney money, and they take notice, that's when they will act. Look at the drink stations.

(Stop. Do not turn this into a drink refill thread.)o_O

dadddio

I
That's not what I was trying to say. However, this is one of those small rules that's going to get broken whether people like it or not. The only thing that relegates this rule to a non-issue is the fact that it does not cost Disney any money and it does not take any money away from Disney. Mark my words, when something like this does start costing Disney money, and they take notice, that's when they will act. Look at the drink stations.

(Stop. Do not turn this into a drink refill thread.)o_O
It doesn't cost Disney money, but it could certainly inconvenience others. There are only so many of those spots and when they are gone. They're gone. That affects the next guy who got his pass appropriately as well as the handicapped driver who might need that spot, since diamond parking doubles as handicapped overflow.

G00fyDad

I

It doesn't cost Disney money, but it could certainly inconvenience others. There are only so many of those spots and when they are gone. They're gone. That affects the next guy who got his pass appropriately as well as the handicapped driver who might need that spot, since diamond parking doubles as handicapped overflow.

Fair point.

kbmb

We typically buy our tickets through AAA every year because they are the cheapest, especially with the room only packages we typically book. The parking pass has been one of those nice perks to have. When I called my local AAA office this year to get pricing I asked and they confirmed that this is the last year of the parking pass.

-Kevin

AAADIAMONDUSER

AAA Diamond parking is for AAA Members like me and I have always used one each year of my years as an Annual Pass holder. AAA gives them to you for being a member and they also sale them on E Bay. I don’t care about them being offered on E Bay as I still get a spot. The biggest AAA pass perk for me is getting to park close to the tram route and not all the way on the end like the general population. Although it is close up front to the parks on most, it is still a walk. People say the AAA locations are not a tram stop, but when I stand on the side of the road they stop for us. Getting to park where I want to in AAA parking most of the time also gets me away from the idiots who like to park close to my car and hit it. As they drive junk they don’t care, but I like my car dent free. So if you’re an AAA member get them from AAA and if not E bay has them and the parks have never asked me to prove I am a member. They are worth it as my car loves being dent free.

G00fyDad

AAA Diamond parking is for AAA Members like me and I have always used one each year of my years as an Annual Pass holder.

What does one have to do with the other?

The biggest AAA pass perk for me is getting to park close to the tram route and not all the way on the end like the general population. Although it is close up front to the parks on most, it is still a walk.

We've used AAA Diamond Parking and it is not that much of a walk. No real need for a tram. o_O

People say the AAA locations are not a tram stop, but when I stand on the side of the road they stop for us.

That's Disney just being nice.

Getting to park where I want to in AAA parking most of the time also gets me away from the idiots who like to park close to my car and hit it. As they drive junk they don’t care, but I like my car dent free. So if you’re an AAA member get them from AAA and if not E bay has them and the parks have never asked me to prove I am a member. They are worth it as my car loves being dent free.

So you basically just called every other person that does not get a AAA Diamond Parking Pass an idiot that drives a junky car. Really? o_O

AAADIAMONDUSER

For the persons who didn't understand what I was saying, which is about .000009 percent of the readers:

1). I have been an annual pass holder and AAA member for years. Based on this I have had a pretty good idea of the Diamond Parking Pass operations as I have used it in all my visits to the park for over 100 times. Diamond Parking is still in effect, as I just went, and just used it.

2). The pass does not get you right at the park and you will have to walk some distance to get to where the trolley drops you off, especially at the Magic Kingdom. With Diamond Parking I get to park close to the trolley roads. This gets me a short walk to the trolley's route and which drops me right off at front. This gets me closer than any Diamond parking space can ever get you. This helps with medical issues for those who don’t have handicap passes. You can also enjoy this ride too or walk if you choose.

3). Parking at the regular parking spots (with my luck) I get those with cars that owners are not concerned about that park next to me, park outside the lines, and don't care if they hit others cars. Kids also are careless as the park is the main thing on their minds. For those who don't care about their cars then park in general parking. I worked to hard to have it damaged and Diamond Parking avoids this.

4). In Diamond Parking I am often parked by myself on the front of the line without any cars around me. This while I look across at the other visitors crowded together and parked way on the end.

5). The Trolley stops are not at all Diamond parking areas, but they do stop for me. If this is them being nice who cares they do it, and they will stop for you.

6). I get my Diamond Parking Pass through AAA as a member, but regardless you can get them through E Bay. If you have to do E Bay do what you have to do for your family’s trip. As an AAA member I don’t care and you shouldn’t. I have never been checked to see if I am an AAA member and most likely you won’t.

7). With Diamond Parking you don’t have several Disney workers telling you what to do as most of the time it’s one. They just flag me on and I park where I want.

8). Diamond Parking is great, worth it, and should be used if you can. If not to each his own and enjoy your visit to where dreams are made. Disney World is a great place to visit and this is just one way to make it better.

9). I hope this helps to cover the pass operations and I will be using it once again. GOOFYDAD when you get there let me know I can take you around and educate you some more on Disney. Just don't park close to me.

The Visionary Soul

Getting to park where I want to in AAA parking most of the time also gets me away from the idiots who like to park close to my car and hit it. As they drive junk they don’t care, but I like my car dent free.
Well, since AAA Diamond Parking will not exist next year, I guess you're going to have to live like the rest of us "idiots" and you may get some dents in whatever jalopy you drive from the "junk" that we drive.

Seriously, why would you say something so degrading like that?

omurice

AAA Diamond parking is for AAA Members like me and I have always used one each year of my years as an Annual Pass holder. AAA gives them to you for being a member and they also sale them on E Bay. I don’t care about them being offered on E Bay as I still get a spot. The biggest AAA pass perk for me is getting to park close to the tram route and not all the way on the end like the general population. Although it is close up front to the parks on most, it is still a walk. People say the AAA locations are not a tram stop, but when I stand on the side of the road they stop for us. Getting to park where I want to in AAA parking most of the time also gets me away from the idiots who like to park close to my car and hit it. As they drive junk they don’t care, but I like my car dent free. So if you’re an AAA member get them from AAA and if not E bay has them and the parks have never asked me to prove I am a member. They are worth it as my car loves being dent free.

Everything in this post is true.
Cars cannot dent in the Diamond row it is physically impossible, so long as you have the pass displayed in your window. A force-field that is dent-proof and idiot-proof appears around the vehicle. Be sure you're not an idiot, or you will not get back in your car.
And as we all know, parking lot trams can stop everywhere! But you must dart out in front of them in the middle of the road, with your entire body (have faith!), when they're under 30 feet away. Pro tip: Wear dark clothing if it's night time.
#Mythbusters

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom