AAA Diamond Parking Going Away?

TheRabbit

Oh the sheer level of entitlement.

As Goofyernmost said, park where they tell you. These poor Cast Members are out in the elements trying to safely and efficiently park as many cars as possible on private property.
How is it entitlement? I paid to park there. Just because it's private property doesn't mean you have to park in the exact spot they tell you. If your pulling in late in the afternoon/evening and there happens to be a spot open closer to the tram, there is no harm in taking that open spot. And how are they poor cast members? Last I checked they applied for their job. It wasn't forced upon them. And aren't they getting paid for it?

cw1982

For the persons who didn't understand what I was saying, which is about .000009 percent of the readers:

1). I have been an annual pass holder and AAA member for years. Based on this I have had a pretty good idea of the Diamond Parking Pass operations as I have used it in all my visits to the park for over 100 times. Diamond Parking is still in effect, as I just went, and just used it.

2). The pass does not get you right at the park and you will have to walk some distance to get to where the trolley drops you off, especially at the Magic Kingdom. With Diamond Parking I get to park close to the trolley roads. This gets me a short walk to the trolley's route and which drops me right off at front. This gets me closer than any Diamond parking space can ever get you. This helps with medical issues for those who don’t have handicap passes. You can also enjoy this ride too or walk if you choose.

3). Parking at the regular parking spots (with my luck) I get those with cars that owners are not concerned about that park next to me, park outside the lines, and don't care if they hit others cars. Kids also are careless as the park is the main thing on their minds. For those who don't care about their cars then park in general parking. I worked to hard to have it damaged and Diamond Parking avoids this.

4). In Diamond Parking I am often parked by myself on the front of the line without any cars around me. This while I look across at the other visitors crowded together and parked way on the end.

5). The Trolley stops are not at all Diamond parking areas, but they do stop for me. If this is them being nice who cares they do it, and they will stop for you.

6). I get my Diamond Parking Pass through AAA as a member, but regardless you can get them through E Bay. If you have to do E Bay do what you have to do for your family’s trip. As an AAA member I don’t care and you shouldn’t. I have never been checked to see if I am an AAA member and most likely you won’t.

7). With Diamond Parking you don’t have several Disney workers telling you what to do as most of the time it’s one. They just flag me on and I park where I want.

8). Diamond Parking is great, worth it, and should be used if you can. If not to each his own and enjoy your visit to where dreams are made. Disney World is a great place to visit and this is just one way to make it better.

9). I hope this helps to cover the pass operations and I will be using it once again. GOOFYDAD when you get there let me know I can take you around and educate you some more on Disney. Just don't park close to me.

FWIW, I didn't understand your post either, because it seemed like all you were doing was giving the reasons why you like using the AAA parking. That's all well and good, but given that the thread's topic was whether or not the AAA parking will be around much longer, I too couldn't find a purpose to your mini-essay about the benefits of such a perk.

No need to be so abrasive. You have no idea how many people did or did not understand your post. I'm willing to bet that the percentage of people who got lost in that one is higher than you think.

ToTBellHop

I will be curious to see if they have AAA discounts at the hotels for 2015. Those should be released within the next month if so.

I've seen the Diamond parking blackout in effect for DHS during Star Wars Weekend. Sometimes they just have no choice. Alas Disney would not let AAA give out 2014 Diamond passes if the program was not in full effect for the year, barring blackout times or misinformed cast members.

This is backed up by a few recent posts here saying they had no problems. It will be sad to see it go though.

As far as what to do with the prime parking real estate, I'm sure Disney will capitalize on it somehow once the AAA thing is over.

Last edited:

dadddio

6). I get my Diamond Parking Pass through AAA as a member, but regardless you can get them through E Bay. If you have to do E Bay do what you have to do for your family’s trip. As an AAA member I don’t care and you shouldn’t. I have never been checked to see if I am an AAA member and most likely you won’t.
I tried to explain why it matters in an earlier post, but I'll try again.

Diamond parking is used as overflow for handicapped parking. People who buy their diamond parking pass are not just violating a Disney rule regarding transferrability of these passes, they could very well be taking a parking place that other people actually need.

tk924

I will be curious to see if they have AAA discounts at the hotels for 2015. Those should be released within the next month if so.

My wife called to ask about some AAA hotel rates for June 2015. The CM said that Disney is severing it's relationship with AAA.
I don't know if they are "renegotiating" or if this is permanent. I certainly hope this is not permanent. This will impact our travel frequency to Disney for sure.

Is Disney following the Jurassic Park model of business?

Last edited:

wannabeBelle

It has already been announced that the relationship between AAA and Disney is going away. All of the perks associated such as Diamond parking, vacation package discounts etc. are all going away as well. The last I heard was that they were still in talks for a room only discount offering but that seemed unlikely. Sorry guys!!! Marie

kbmb

It has already been announced that the relationship between AAA and Disney is going away. All of the perks associated such as Diamond parking, vacation package discounts etc. are all going away as well. The last I heard was that they were still in talks for a room only discount offering but that seemed unlikely. Sorry guys!!! Marie

Do you know whether that means no more discounted tickets from AAA? We've always found AAA to be the lowest price for us. In the past we also go the benefit of the parking pass, but now that that is going away....unless the price is discounted for tickets, I see no need to use AAA anymore. We book our hotel stay on property directly from Disney anyway.

-Kevin

wannabeBelle

I believe that is going away as well but I am not 100% sure. I know the travel packages were definitely done away with. I would definitely contact AAA and see if they think the ticket benefit will continue. If not, if they have any tickets remaining you may want to consider purchasing them and hanging onto them until your next visit. Good luck!!! Marie

wannabeBelle

this stinks i wonder where to find any savings now , aaa was good for 15% off
Most of the general public offers are much better than the usual 10% off that AAA gave. As far as finding the offers, WDWMagic is updated by one of the Kingdom Konsultant Agents once we get the official go ahead to release information on any package discounts, as is our company's Facebook page. Also if you book with a Kingdom Konsultant agent, as soon as a package discount offer does become available, we do our best to apply it to your reservation, pending availability, so you don't even have to look for the information or wait on hold with Disney forever trying to get it applied. Also, as a reminder, our services are completely free to book a vacation package, as our commission is paid by Disney. Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom