AAA Diamond Parking Going Away?

ChrisE405

Original Poster
Was scolded at Animal Kingdom by the parking lot attendant today for driving around to the location of the AAA Diamond Parking today. Apparently they did away with it? You typically follow the signs to the handicap parking and can find a nice section up close for those with the pass. He told me they don't have it anymore and not to try to park in that area again!! The Diamond sections still exist at the other parks (used it at Magic Kingdom yesterday). Anyone know if this nice little eb fit is going away? It was the reason I always both my tickets at AAA.

Ray B

Was scolded at Animal Kingdom by the parking lot attendant today for driving around to the location of the AAA Diamond Parking today. Apparently they did away with it? You typically follow the signs to the handicap parking and can find a nice section up close for those with the pass. He told me they don't have it anymore and not to try to park in that area again!! The Diamond sections still exist at the other parks (used it at Magic Kingdom yesterday). Anyone know if this nice little eb fit is going away? It was the reason I always both my tickets at AAA.

Interesting because when I was there over Spring Break I was able to use it at MK and HS but not at EP or DAK. They didn't say they accept it anymore, just that I couldn't use it that day. Sometimes that happens on really busy days. I really hope it isn't going away.

GymLeaderPhil

AAA and Disney announced a few months ago that they would be going separate ways. Diamond Parking is one of those perks that will be discontinued I believe starting next January. But like Ray B said, that area is all based on operational demand.

G00fyDad

AAA and Disney announced a few months ago that they would be going separate ways. Diamond Parking is one of those perks that will be discontinued I believe starting next January. But like Ray B said, that area is all based on operational demand.

Where did you see this? I cannot find info on this, anywhere.

bebert

If that is true, that is a bummer. That was really a big perk of booking through AAA. I used it once and thought it was great.

wdwfan22

I to thought this perk had been discontinued. Diamond parking is no longer mentioned on any AAA promotional material for Disney and in the past it was. I've also heard that AAA and Disney have decided to part ways and the 15% room discounts will be phased out next year.

mikeymouse

I'm glad u mentioned this because we had issues this week. AK said it was full and we got there at rope drop. Next at EP everyone was parking "as close as you can get today" per the attendant, which we were parking in Imagine, where the diamond parking typically is. Next day at DHS, we parked in Stage with no issues. Then at MK, we were being parked with everyone else in Zurg which is where the diamond parking is anyhow. Its pretty much a waste to get a diamond pass.

crazymom

Last year we booked through AAA and went to the story time in Epcot and the fireworks viewing in MK and loved both. Booked through AAA again this year because of those perks, and they don't have them anymore.

Bocko57

For the longest time I have purchased my Disney Packages and my Tickets through AAA. I would of course get the AAA Diamond Parking because it was a big bonus along with the usual 15% discount. This is sad to hear that AAA and Disney are parting ways. The AAA Diamond Parking was GREAT!

Goofyernmost

I'm glad u mentioned this because we had issues this week. AK said it was full and we got there at rope drop. Next at EP everyone was parking "as close as you can get today" per the attendant, which we were parking in Imagine, where the diamond parking typically is. Next day at DHS, we parked in Stage with no issues. Then at MK, we were being parked with everyone else in Zurg which is where the diamond parking is anyhow. Its pretty much a waste to get a diamond pass.
And always has been, in my opinion. I do, however, love the tram and have always felt that AAA parking required as much walking as using the regular parking areas, so I didn't give it much value, ever!

ChrisE405

Original Poster
That's a bummer ! Always bought my passes as AAA just for the parking. I guess AAA needs Disney more than Disney needs AAA. Loved that little perk.

GymLeaderPhil

Late last year they made an announcement that they would be ending their strategic alliance. Unfortunately I can't find the specific document, but it was vague.

Not sure if this affects the car care center. Knowing Disney they probably wanted AAA to foot the bill for refurbishing it, along with Alamo, since the place is definitely showing it's age.

In January of this year they discontinued the reserved fireworks viewing locations and the Storytime offering at Epcot. Diamond Parking is still being offered as part of AAA packages for this year, but will not be offered in 2015. Diamond Parking also has block out dates.

I'm sure Disney will still authorize them to book room and tickets, however I doubt that the discounts or packaged perks (if any) will be of substance anymore.

G00fyDad

What AAA perks? Every AAA perk I've ever heard of are ones that Disney already offers anyway. Even the year we booked through AAA we were told that we would have some amazing perks through AAA. Once we booked it we found that the perks were the exact same thing I would have gotten if I booked myself.

Tom F

I wonder if it could have anything to do with the fact that Diamond parking passes are sold on EBay? Some people are selling what appear to be obvious copies and not real passes. I'm sure it is difficult for Disney to manage the increased Diamond parking demand due to passes being sold on the secondary market, especially since many are fake.

jt04

Late last year they made an announcement that they would be ending their strategic alliance. Unfortunately I can't find the specific document, but it was vague.

Not sure if this affects the car care center. Knowing Disney they probably wanted AAA to foot the bill for refurbishing it, along with Alamo, since the place is definitely showing it's age.

In January of this year they discontinued the reserved fireworks viewing locations and the Storytime offering at Epcot. Diamond Parking is still being offered as part of AAA packages for this year, but will not be offered in 2015. Diamond Parking also has block out dates.

I'm sure Disney will still authorize them to book room and tickets, however I doubt that the discounts or packaged perks (if any) will be of substance anymore.

Thanks. I always thought Disney would eventually have prefered parking as a value added perk for AP's or some other tiered system. Especially with the new garages at DTD. In the interim though Diamond parking is a great value IMO. I really would not mind if they monetized prefered parking for those that want it.

dreamfinder

Not surprised on this. Why compete with FP+ for reserved fireworks locations? Defeats the point of trying to push FP+.

What AAA perks? Every AAA perk I've ever heard of are ones that Disney already offers anyway. Even the year we booked through AAA we were told that we would have some amazing perks through AAA. Once we booked it we found that the perks were the exact same thing I would have gotten if I booked myself.

It would have been the reserved fireworks viewing, storytime, diamond parking, and sometimes you would get things like extra luggage tags, or other small trinkets. Keep in mind that most of the AAA TAs don't specialize in Disney, so they may not really know or care that anyone who booked a package might get arcade and mini golf vouchers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom