A Whole New World of Huggles

nibblesandbits

For those of you wondering, my Valentine's date went very well. Once I got to his house, he told me to look in the refridgerator. I thought there would be flowers in there, but he actually had bought me chocolate covered strawberries. I had totally forgotten that I had asked for them a week or so before. They were VERY delicious!

He took me to this great restaurant that's modeled after a loft..the main colors were a burgandy and tan and then wood mixed in. The atmosphere of it was so cool. The only downside was that we sat so extremely close to the other couples. It was almost like we were eating dinner with them too.

So we look at the menus and there's food on there that I had heard of, but had no idea of what it was. (I mean this was a restaurant that served braised rabbit... :hurl: ) If any of you watch Friends it's the kinda food that Monica serves at her work.

I had the pork tenderloin w/ black mission fig demi-glace & roasted garlic mashed potatoes and what's-his-face had the crispy golden trout w/ fragrant basmati rice & soy-red chili vinaigrette. Neither of us really knew what we were getting but it ended up being pretty good. It definitely had presentation to it too. It looked all fancy when we got it. There wasn't a LOT of food on the plate, so I thought I was going to be hungry when I left, but I wasn't.

Then for desert (which is something that what's-his-face usually doesn't eat...but he decided we could share last night) we had milk chocolate mousse wrapped in a dark chocolate ribbon w/ crème anglaise & berry salsa.

(In case you can't tell, I took the menu descriptions right off their website. :) )

All in all it was a wonderful meal and he did a great job of picking out somewhere that we've never eaten before. Although it was a little too "fancy" for our tastes, it was very good and there is the possibility that we could go back there again.

So thanks IMoms for all your help...I ended up wearing the dress that I had...but that's because I couldn't find a sweater that I liked enough for this date. I wore my pearls with it and my pearl earrings as well. He wore a grey button down with a grey and black tie and black pants.

dandaman

Almost my birthday! *huggles*

I feel old and creaky. My knee's acting up. Must be a storm abrewin'. Let's watch Wheel of Fortune.

:lookaroun

dandaman

nibblesandbits said:
For those of you wondering, my Valentine's date went very well. Once I got to his house, he told me to look in the refridgerator. I thought there would be flowers in there, but he actually had bought me chocolate covered strawberries. I had totally forgotten that I had asked for them a week or so before. They were VERY delicious!

He took me to this great restaurant that's modeled after a loft..the main colors were a burgandy and tan and then wood mixed in. The atmosphere of it was so cool. The only downside was that we sat so extremely close to the other couples. It was almost like we were eating dinner with them too.

So we look at the menus and there's food on there that I had heard of, but had no idea of what it was. (I mean this was a restaurant that served braised rabbit... :hurl: ) If any of you watch Friends it's the kinda food that Monica serves at her work.

I had the pork tenderloin w/ black mission fig demi-glace & roasted garlic mashed potatoes and what's-his-face had the crispy golden trout w/ fragrant basmati rice & soy-red chili vinaigrette. Neither of us really knew what we were getting but it ended up being pretty good. It definitely had presentation to it too. It looked all fancy when we got it. There wasn't a LOT of food on the plate, so I thought I was going to be hungry when I left, but I wasn't.

Then for desert (which is something that what's-his-face usually doesn't eat...but he decided we could share last night) we had milk chocolate mousse wrapped in a dark chocolate ribbon w/ crème anglaise & berry salsa.

(In case you can't tell, I took the menu descriptions right off their website. :) )

All in all it was a wonderful meal and he did a great job of picking out somewhere that we've never eaten before. Although it was a little to "fancy" for our tastes, it was very good and there is the possibility that we could go back there again.

I'll have burgers and fries, please. :lookaroun

Picturing you in my mind, you look beautiful. :eek:

nibblesandbits

dandaman said:
Almost my birthday! *huggles*

I feel old and creaky. My knee's acting up. Must be a storm abrewin'. Let's watch Wheel of Fortune.

:lookaroun

happy almost birthday *huggles*! So, where's your cane? I take it you're gonna need it if your knee is acting up...:lookaroun

dandaman said:
I'll have burgers and fries, please. :lookaroun

Picturing you in my mind, you look beautiful. :eek:

Yeah...that was definitely one thing that was NOT on the menu! And thanks for imagining me looking bautiful! :kiss:

dandaman said:
By the way, I submitted my entry to the Valentine's Day contest... :lookaroun

Ok...good! I'll take a look at it.

Edit: Dan! You're in that one! I can't include it in the contest...but you can leave it up for all to see! :D (Actually, you have to...it's part of the rules...no switching pictures.)

dandaman

nibblesandbits said:
happy almost birthday *huggles*! So, where's your cane? I take it you're gonna need it if your knee is acting up...:lookaroun

Yeah...that was definitely one thing that was NOT on the menu! And thanks for imagining me looking bautiful! :kiss:

Ok...good! I'll take a look at it.

Edit: Dan! You're in that one! I can't include it in the contest...but you can leave it up for all to see! :D

Bah! I hate rules. :lol:

My cane is being sent in the mail... :lookaroun

It's hard not to imagine you looking gorgeous. :kiss:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom