Trip Report A Whole Lotta Driving Going on!

Hello everyone. Today, Crystal and I make our way to Disney! Our journey started almost 2 weeks ago on July 3. We've been traveling the Midwest and Gulf Coast visiting family and seeing the sites and are currently staying in Tallahassee visiting Brayden at FSU. We made stops in Indianapolis, Carlinville, IL, Amana, Iowa, Madison, WI, Oxford, MS, New Orleans, LA before making it to Tallahassee. We also made brief stops in other states along the way. Getting breakfast with Brayden later this morning before driving to Disney to get Maddy after her shift at Be Our Guest. The plan is to head to Epcot for extra evening hours tonight. I'll post pictures of our journey later. I look forward to sharing as we go.

coachwnh

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
We’ve spent the last 2 hours here

IMG_1824.jpeg
IMG_1825.jpeg
IMG_1826.jpeg
IMG_1828.jpeg
IMG_1831.jpeg
IMG_1832.jpeg
IMG_1833.jpeg
IMG_1834.jpeg
IMG_1836.jpeg

coachwnh

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Finished up our day at Epcot. We are going to see Maddy at the Magic Kingdom. We had planned to return to Epcot for the extra hours, but we decided we’d rather relax tonight. We need to move from GF and check in at Coronado tomorrow and begin moving Maddy out of her apartment as her time in Disney is coming to an end.

We have a late breakfast at Riviera in the morning with Tammy and Laura before they fly back to St Louis.

We are going to Orlando tomorrow to see the Man City - Barcelona match.

Brayden flies home Wednesday. Crystal and I decided to stay an extra day to spend time with my mom, sister, and niece before we start the drive home.

IMG_1837.jpeg
IMG_1838.jpeg
IMG_1839.jpeg
IMG_1840.jpeg
IMG_1841.jpeg
IMG_1842.jpeg
IMG_1843.jpeg
IMG_1844.jpeg

coachwnh

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Good morning from the Grand Floridian. It’s our last morning here. We move to Coronado today since it’s a much shorter drive to Flamingo Crossing as we get set to start moving Maddy out.

We still have quite a bit planned over the next few days in Disney before we start our drive home.

IMG_1847.jpeg

Ghostdog

Wow, you’ve had quite a vacation so far. I’m sure you’re super excited to have your daughter home for a bit before next semester. We move our daughter home tomorrow for a month before she heads to Spain for a semester abroad.

I’ll be following along. Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

coachwnh

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Wow, you’ve had quite a vacation so far. I’m sure you’re super excited to have your daughter home for a bit before next semester. We move our daughter home tomorrow for a month before she heads to Spain for a semester abroad.

I’ll be following along. Enjoy the rest of your vacation!
Thank you. It’s definitely nice to be with both Brayden and Maddy. Maddy has been at Disney since late March. She left in early January for school, so this is only the second time we’ve been together since then.

Brayden also stayed in Tallahassee for the summer, so these two weeks here have been nice.

Good luck to your daughter in Spain!!!

coachwnh

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I am curious... is Maddy sad to have this phase over? I am sure she misses her friends. It also seemed like she worked a lot.
She’s loved her time in Disney. She has made some incredible friends while here.

She has worked a lot, but she’s also had plenty of time for fun.

She has talked about transferring from South Carolina to UCF to be closer to WDW.

Ghostdog

Thank you. It’s definitely nice to be with both Brayden and Maddy. Maddy has been at Disney since late March. She left in early January for school, so this is only the second time we’ve been together since then.

Brayden also stayed in Tallahassee for the summer, so these two weeks here have been nice.

Good luck to your daughter in Spain!!!
What a great opportunity for Maddy. Great family time for you and your wife. It’s cherished time when they get older and are out of the house!

Our daughter is 2 1/2 hours away from home when at school and with work and classes we typically only see her on holidays. Our son graduated last December and moved closer to home. It’ll be nice for us to have some family time together before our girl heads out to Spain. The husband and I are planning a week long trip to visit her while she’s gone.

coachwnh

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Good afternoon

Late post today. Brayden got off safely earlier this afternoon and is currently on his way home. He has concerts in NYC and Atlantic City the next few days and he’s looking forward to seeing his friends at home

Crystal and I had the keys to the Kingdom tour booked for 930 last night, but she got really sick last night and is still not feeling well. The concierge at Coronado tried to cancel for us this morning, but we will see if we get reimbursed 🤷‍♂️. Just hope she feels better

We have the post-fireworks dessert party booked as well with my family tonight. We will see if she’s able to go.

I’m currently at City Works in Disney Springs getting lunch and trying to give Crystal quiet.

Here are a few more pictures from last night. We ordered some to go from Three Bridges when we got back from the game. Unfortunately, it rained until after halftime and the game was delayed almost 90 minutes. Getting an Uber back was a nightmare

IMG_1926.jpeg
IMG_1927.jpeg
IMG_6018.jpeg
IMG_1929.jpeg
IMG_1930.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom