A Very Merry December Trip Report with an Exciting Surprise!

hello everyone!! :wave: i hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season! i just returned from my trip to the world on the 17th and have finally found some time to get started on my trip report! its been an eventful month but very exciting.

here is a little background on this trip: the trip was originally to include myself, the boyfriend, my parents and my aunt and uncle and we were all going to stay at the yacht club with the deluxe dining plan (i got a 40% off resort stay pin code so i couldn't pass it up!). well, the family had to back out because my dad got a new job and couldn't justify taking a week off work when he had just started. so, now it was just me and wes (the boyfriend) booked in a resort that we normally wouldn't pay for and on the deluxe dining plan. since we had already been planning on paying all that money, i convinced wes that we treat ourselves and not switch to a less expense resort. since the next time i go with the fam we will most likely stay at the yc, i decided we should switch to the boardwalk instead. so after many emails to tammy, our wonderful kingdom konsultants agent, our trip was booked, dining reservations were made and we were ready for disney! :D

after booking our trip, we found out that wes' parents, grandma and grandma's boyfriend (yes, i said grandma's boyfriend :lol: ) would be in disney for part of our trip. originally we were going down dec. 12 - 17th but wes' dad suggested we come down 2 days early and stay with them for free. well i can't say no to 2 extra days at disney world! :D so our trip was now dec. 10 - 17th, with the first 2 nights at old key west and then on to the boardwalk.

i think that's enough explanation. :D now on with the trip report!

Day 1: Traveling to the World and Lots of Time Spent Waiting at DTD

so on friday december 10th, wes and i woke up around 5:15am to get ready to head to the airport. we said goodbye to our dog daisy and my aunt gave us a ride to the airport. we left the house at 6am, got to the airport at 6:08 and were sitting at our gate at 6:28am. i love living so close to the airport! :lol: we took off at 7:40am and had an uneventful flight. i basically slept the entire flight. i did manage to wake up in time to get some peanuts though! we landed a little early and were in line for dme at 9:27! we walked up to the line and a cast member came over immediately to let us on a bus.

IMG_0002.jpg

you can see the cast member in the background coming over to let us on the bus. :lol: funny lady. we got to the okw at 10:05 and called wes' parents to see if they had checked in yet. it turns out they were still at the waffle house eating breakfast, so wes and i got in line to see if we could check in. it took us about 20 minutes to check in but we actually got there right in time because the line behind us was crazy long. our room wasn't ready so wes and i walked around the main building of the resort while we waited for his family to arrive.

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
Ok now this is getting weird...that's my Westie, her name is Evey (named after Natalie Portman's character in V for Vendetta) and she just turned 3 but she's still a puppy in that picture. :lol:

First the same food and now the same kind of dog!! :ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

how crazy!! :lol: my daisy is 2 and i still think of her as my puppy. :D not only do you have good taste in food but you know how to pick a great dog! :lol: i wonder what else we have in common?!

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
Day 8: One Last Trip to EPCOT and Our Departure

so today was our last day at the world! :cry: so sad! we woke up at 8, finished packing our stuff and dropped off our bags with bell services. we made a quick stop at the boardwalk bakery to get some refills in our mugs and then we were off to epcot. i took some more pictures of the boardwalk because apparently i didn't have enough already. :lol:

IMG_1201.jpg

IMG_1202.jpg

IMG_1204.jpg

we made it to epcot in time for the opening show. the only thing i don't like about the entering the park through the international gateway is that you have a lot farther of a walk to future world and its hard to make it in time for opening. the opening show isn't that great but i like to be there at opening so we can walk with the mobs to our favorite attractions.

IMG_1205.jpg

first up we rode test track. it was time to redeem our previous ride that stopped multiple times. we had no problems with the ride this time and got a funny picture out of the ride.

Photo0215FourBySix.jpg

we then grabbed a fastpass to use later. we then went over to ellen's energy adventure and took a ride back to the time of the dinosaurs! i really enjoy this attraction. ellen is just so funny! and i LOVE bill nye the science guy. he's the best. we then went over to spaceship earth. another fabulous ride. i let wes pick our future. i figured i could let him have a say in our fake future on the ride since clearly he won't have much say in our real one :ROFLOL: just kidding. just kidding. :lol:

IMG_1208.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
IMG_1209.jpg

IMG_1211.jpg

we then went back and used our fp for tt.

IMG_1213.jpg

IMG_1214.jpg

Photo0216FourBySix.jpg

it was now 11 and time for us to walk over to the world showcase for our 11:35 reservations at le cellier!! i was super excited for wes to try this restaurant. i had just been for the first time in september and i loved it! so we started walking to ws and stopped for some final photopass pictures on the way. and notice that we weren't wearing coats this day!! :D it finally felt like florida weather! it got up to around 77 degrees this day.

Photo0218FourBySix.jpg

Photo0223FourBySix-1.jpg

we got over to canada and checked in at 11:15. the restaurant didn't open until 11:30 but we had to catch the dme around 1:30 so i wanted to make sure that we had plenty of time to enjoy our meal. so we hung around the restaurant and enjoyed the nice weather.

IMG_1215.jpg

IMG_1216.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
IMG_1217.jpg

IMG_1218.jpg

IMG_1219.jpg

IMG_1220.jpg

IMG_1221.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

IMG_1225.jpg

IMG_1226.jpg

we were seated right around 11:30 at a cozy half booth/half table in the corner of the restaurant. i much prefer our table to the ones that are in the middle of the restaurant.

IMG_1228.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
for our appetizers, i got the cheddar cheese soup :slurp: and wes got the spicy chicken and chipotle sausage. the waitress recommended it and wes loved it. of course, we also had some pretzel bread. wes didn't love it as much as i did but that's fine with me because that meant i got to eat the whole thing. :slurp:

IMG_1230.jpg

IMG_1231.jpg

IMG_1232.jpg

for entrees, we both go the filet with the potatoes. mmmm soooo good! :slurp: and this was wes' favorite steak of the trip.

IMG_1233.jpg

for dessert, i got the sorbet which was some cranberry flavor or something slightly odd but it tasted good. the waitress asked how i liked it and she said that the servers tried it and the consensus was that they didn't like it. she said she liked it though so she was happy that i liked it. wes got the chocolate mousse which i thought was adorable.

IMG_1234.jpg

IMG_1235.jpg

IMG_1237.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
it was a wonderful final meal of the trip! wes loved it and i was so glad that it lived up to the hype i created for the place. :D

we sadly left epcot and headed back to the boardwalk to wait for the dme. although we were sad to leave from our vacation, we were also excited to tell everyone about our engagement and start planning our wedding. :D i hope you all enjoyed reading my trip report! hopefully my next trip will be a honeymoon trip! keep your fingers crossed for me! :D

IMG_1244.jpg

Dumbo2675

Your Next Trip

My fingers are crossed for you and wes to spend your next trip to Disney to be your Honeymoon. Again the best to you both and I truly enjoyed reading about your trip and the fun you both had and all the great food that you enjoyed. But with Disney how can you not have a great time it also help if the weather is not so cold and you can enjoy the water parks as well.

Enjoy the year 2011

HopLow

Love your TR!! And congrats on your engagement! :sohappy: Obviously, the ring is beautiful. Wes has good taste. It seems like you guys had a lot of really great meals while there. I've never been to Le Cellier before, so next week will be my first time and I'm def going to try what you got. It looks so good! :slurp:

Good luck with the wedding planning!

I've been snowed in all week and your TR was a great way to shake off some of the cabin fever I've been experiencing! Congrats on your engagement! I hope you have a Disneymoon so you'll have another great TR to share with us all!

HollyBelle

I was looking for myself in those last pictures of the Boardwalk. :lol: Congrats again, Ashley!!! I might've missed it, but when is the wedding? I hope you have fun planning and good luck pulling off a Disneymoon!!

Hi There I loved loved loved your trip report. I still have a few pages to read. All the pictures are wonderful too :) really great job.
Congrats on your Engagement too, that is so exciting. All your scarves are really pretty too :>) I love scarves myself and I pick some up when I am there, I haven't seen that pretty colorful one you had on in the beginning of the report (where did you get it?)really cute ;).
Thanks again for such a great report. :sohappy: Enjoy your Engagement, you both look very cute together~:wave:

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
My fingers are crossed for you and wes to spend your next trip to Disney to be your Honeymoon. Again the best to you both and I truly enjoyed reading about your trip and the fun you both had and all the great food that you enjoyed. But with Disney how can you not have a great time it also help if the weather is not so cold and you can enjoy the water parks as well.

Enjoy the year 2011

thanks! i think wes has become a little more receptive to having our honeymoon in wdw. we will see if i can make an itinerary that is good enough to have him say yes! :lol: i am glad you enjoyed the trip report. it was a great trip with TONS of great food. i was so excited for wes to get to do the deluxe dining plan since he had never done it before.

Love your TR!! And congrats on your engagement! :sohappy: Obviously, the ring is beautiful. Wes has good taste. It seems like you guys had a lot of really great meals while there. I've never been to Le Cellier before, so next week will be my first time and I'm def going to try what you got. It looks so good! :slurp:

Good luck with the wedding planning!

thanks hoplow! i am glad you liked the report! and thank you. wes did such a great job picking out the ring! i hope you enjoy le cellier as much as we did. i was worried it wouldn't live up to the hype but it did not disappoint. the filet is just great!!

I've been snowed in all week and your TR was a great way to shake off some of the cabin fever I've been experiencing! Congrats on your engagement! I hope you have a Disneymoon so you'll have another great TR to share with us all!

i'm sorry you have been snowed in! how crazy?! although, the weather we had at wdw was not much better than snow weather. :lol: i am glad that my trip report could help your cabin fever. i'm really hoping for a disneymoon too!!!

I was looking for myself in those last pictures of the Boardwalk. :lol: Congrats again, Ashley!!! I might've missed it, but when is the wedding? I hope you have fun planning and good luck pulling off a Disneymoon!!

thanks so much holly! i still wish i would have run into kouizzina to say hello! we are getting married on october 22, 2011. so 282 days to go!! so i have about 100 days to convince wes before the 180 day mark for dining reservations! :lol:

Hi There I loved loved loved your trip report. I still have a few pages to read. All the pictures are wonderful too :) really great job.
Congrats on your Engagement too, that is so exciting. All your scarves are really pretty too :>) I love scarves myself and I pick some up when I am there, I haven't seen that pretty colorful one you had on in the beginning of the report (where did you get it?)really cute ;).
Thanks again for such a great report. :sohappy: Enjoy your Engagement, you both look very cute together~:wave:

i am glad you enjoyed the report! it was a really wonderful trip. thanks about the scarves. i got the colorful one at old navy in the fall. the blue one was a mickey one from wdw. they have them in pink, green, blue, white and black. i am thinking about getting another one in a different color because i really like the blue one i got. thank you for the congratulations!

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
AMAZING NEWS!! we are going on a 4 night disney cruise on the disney dream and then going to wdw for 3 nights!!! :sohappy: woooo hoooo! wes' dad called us the other night and asked if we wanted to go on a disney cruise using his dvc points. he had called dvc and asked about availability on the dream for october 23, the day after our wedding, and they had some great staterooms available. so how could we say no to someone paying for us to go on a disney cruise?! i am super excited! i have never been on a disney cruise though so i have a lot of reading to do to get ready for our disneymoon!!! :D

HopLow

AMAZING NEWS!! we are going on a 4 night disney cruise on the disney dream and then going to wdw for 3 nights!!! :sohappy: woooo hoooo! wes' dad called us the other night and asked if we wanted to go on a disney cruise using his dvc points. he had called dvc and asked about availability on the dream for october 23, the day after our wedding, and they had some great staterooms available. so how could we say no to someone paying for us to go on a disney cruise?! i am super excited! i have never been on a disney cruise though so i have a lot of reading to do to get ready for our disneymoon!!! :D

Yay!! Very exciting! And your wish of a Disney Honeymoon came true! How nice of your future in-laws to donate their points to you!

oommggitskait

Awesome trip report!! And CONGRATS! How exciting!
As a 20-something girl myself, I can say i would LOVEEEEEEEE to get engaged at WDW. Jealous!

Arrogant ______________ is an AWESOME beer :) My boyfriend is a bit of a beer afficianado if you will, so we try all types of stuff. He'll be glad to know there is a place on property that has decent American craft brews. So thanks for the picture of the beer menu! haha.

Disneyfalcon

You are right, those were crazy family sightings!! What are people thinking?

I loved your report! Your next one, of course, will be even more exciting!! You'll have to include some wedding pictures too!:)

Ariel484

Loved your trip report...congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding/Disneymoon! My husband and I had our honeymoon at Disney in May 2009 (at the Boardwalk, woohoo!) and it was fabulous. I'll be looking forward to your Disneymoon report :D

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
Yay!! Very exciting! And your wish of a Disney Honeymoon came true! How nice of your future in-laws to donate their points to you!

thanks!! i am super excited!! its so nice of them to pay for the cruise for our honeymoon! i am so excited to go on a disney cruise! i have never been before so i can't wait. the cruise was a nice compromise for wes wanting to go somewhere new and me wanting to go to wdw. now we get to do both! :D

Great Trip Report!!!! Congratulations on your engagement!!!!

thanks! i'm glad you enjoyed reading it. thanks for the congreats!

Awesome trip report!! And CONGRATS! How exciting!
As a 20-something girl myself, I can say i would LOVEEEEEEEE to get engaged at WDW. Jealous!

Arrogant ______________ is an AWESOME beer :) My boyfriend is a bit of a beer afficianado if you will, so we try all types of stuff. He'll be glad to know there is a place on property that has decent American craft brews. So thanks for the picture of the beer menu! haha.

thank you!! i was so happy to be engaged at wdw. maybe your bf will do the same! :D

You are right, those were crazy family sightings!! What are people thinking?

I loved your report! Your next one, of course, will be even more exciting!! You'll have to include some wedding pictures too!:)

people are crazy, that is for sure. i'm glad you liked the report! i can't wait for the honeymoon trip report! i can't wait to go on the disney dream! i hope you have a wonderful time this week!! i am excited to hear all about it!

Loved your trip report...congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding/Disneymoon! My husband and I had our honeymoon at Disney in May 2009 (at the Boardwalk, woohoo!) and it was fabulous. I'll be looking forward to your Disneymoon report :D

thanks!! i am so happy that wes wanted to go on a disney cruise! and he even said that he would want to spend some time at wdw after the cruise!! what a wonderful fiance! :D

Disneyfalcon

people are crazy, that is for sure. i'm glad you liked the report! i can't wait for the honeymoon trip report! i can't wait to go on the disney dream! i hope you have a wonderful time this week!! i am excited to hear all about it!

:D

Thanks, Ashley! It's going to be awesome! The Dream I mean, not necessarily my trip report.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom