A Twist In Time 2 : The Sunshine Expedition - Challenge 6

tcool123

Original Poster
First off no, Ghostbusters is owned by Sony. And second, I don't think that using the same IP matters as much as the attraction. But I don't think Ghostbusters would work because Universal didn't renew the license that allowed Universal to use Ghostbusters; seeing Twister as more marketable, and nothing has come up regarding the relationship between Sony and Universal.
I'm going to allow 3rd party ips as long as their not being used by another domestic park. This is because Universal already uses many IPs that are not there's (Transformers, MiB, Potter, Marvel, Shrek). So it is believable.

Suchomimus

I'm going to allow 3rd party ips as long as their not being used by another domestic park. This is because Universal already uses many IPs that are not there's (Transformers, MiB, Potter, Marvel, Shrek). So it is believable.
Shrek is technically now a Universal IP; they bought Dreamworks Animation last year for 3.8 billion dollars. Also,
thats-not-how-this-works-gif-.gif

tcool123

Original Poster
Shrek is technically now a Universal IP; they bought Dreamworks Animation last year for 3.8 billion dollars. Also,
thats-not-how-this-works-gif-.gif
Yes but Shrek wasn't always a Uni IP which was my point. They have gotten third party IP (Ex. Nintendo) so it's perfectly fine. Also don't think @Magic Feather will be able to change much. Irma is going to hit his area straight on.

Suchomimus

I mean they licensed Harry Potter, so I believe it's possible for them to easily license a 3rd party IP.
Yes but Shrek wasn't always a Uni IP which was my point. They have gotten third party IP (Ex. Nintendo) so it's perfectly fine. Also don't think @Magic Feather will be able to change much. Irma is going to hit his area straight on.
The reason why Universal even uses other IPs is because it's is smaller than Disney as a studio (and a theme park) and so to compete with them at the theme park industry, they use an IP that's usually successful and well known like Harry Potter and Sesame Street, so I think the best thing to do is use an IP from an ally whose franchise already exists at a University theme park like Warner Bros or Paramount Pictures (not Nickelodeon though).

tcool123

Original Poster
Hey. Sorry for not being active. Been pretty preoccupied with Irma. We were supposed to be in Florida right now, but we postponed our trip for obvious reasons. My week has been filled with changing and cancelling various reservations having to do with our trip, and I've just not had time to dedicate to much else. I know, first world problems.
Completely understandable, and hopefully everything works out for your future trip down to the world. I also hope to see you coming back, maybe even for this challenge? :(:p

tcool123

Original Poster
On the topic of this challenge, I'm officially back! :cool:

Irma has passed, and while I never lost power nor wifi the precautions taken for Irma were important for the competition. Why? Well over 80% of Miami-Dade county did lose power, and even if you didn't lose power you may have lost wifi. So yeah, could've been pretty bad if I couldn't be able to get on, and needed to post reviews and challenges. Now with that said.... you all have a little bit over 24 hours to edit and post your submissions for this challenge.

@Magic Feather
@AceAstro
@AimYourBrent
@Disneylover152

tcool123

Original Poster

Irma has passed, and while I never lost power nor wifi the precautions taken for Irma were important for the competition. Why? Well over 80% of Miami-Dade county did lose power, and even if you didn't lose power you may have lost wifi. So yeah, could've been pretty bad if I couldn't be able to get on, and needed to post reviews and challenges. Now with that said.... you all have a little bit over 24 hours to edit and post your submissions for this challenge.
@Sam4D23
@JokersWild
@StevenU
@Pionmycake

tcool123

Original Poster

@Michel Lichand
@CreateDisney
And of course this round's guest judge @mickeyfan5534 here's your guest judge alert. :D

Disneylover152

Coming Spring 2017
Based off of the 2016 film.

Background Information
The information in this section will be explained by the Ghostbusters in the pre-show.

The Ghostbusters have been getting so many new calls that they need to expand their fleet. They open up auditions for the visitors of New York to recruit them as a Ghostbuster. They show you the weapons and how they work as a part of this recruitment. But then something happens.

Attraction Layout
68_EqojvOZB6Mg81R-hBHmjQDYBFoZ6HwyB98YNB2mn2C-6AL7erPfoSHUiy5dvZVvhJJARO91ad3dow-Y9tBhpn7FqKoSzLvgMt88zrA9AmLu8KhWiZrQEQdZ101SP2UTLgvzIP

Exterior
The exterior of the ride will be themed to New York Facades with you entering in the Ghostbusters firehouse. A plastic sign would be outside the attraction, reading “Ghostbusters Recruitment Today! Sign Up Now!”

Queue
“The Ghostbusters Experience” will be making use of the new virtual queue system.

You enter the firehouse from the first film, and their will be various signs around and wait in a short line to get your recruitment color. The recruitment color will tell you when it’s your turn to get recruited.

The first room you enter is themed to the firehouse office that the Ghostbusters are in. The Ghostbusters have redecorated to make it enjoyable for the guests while they are waiting for their recruitment to become a Ghostbuster. They set it up with various tablets and games around. Giant TVs hang around showing videos of the Ghostbusters giving you some background information for if you never have seen the movie, and it introduces you to the characters. There's also a stage, that every half hour performs a show called “The Ghost Encounter”, which has one of the ghostbusters newest recruiters showing you some of the ghosts they have. Kind of like one of those reptile shows, but with ghosts. There are christmas lights hanging around the room. When the christmas lights change to your color, you can move to the next room.

The second room is themed to the Ghostbusters Hall of Fame, and in glass tubes around the building houses some frozen ghosts. The frozen ghosts have a description written by the ghostbusters. There are more tablets on tables. When the christmas lights change to your color, you can move to the pre-show office.

Pre-Show
The Pre-show is housed in one of the back rooms, and is a video chat with the Ghostbusters. It starts out with them telling the guests about why they are recruiting guests. They are also explaining the background of the ride, found earlier in this. After the spiel is done, they explain the tasks of the guests. When that is done, you leave the Pre-show and enter the loading platform, in the alley behind the Ghostbusters Firehouse.

Ride Vehicles
The Ride vehicles are themed to the hearse from the Ghostbusters movie. The only exception is their are no windows on the sides, and their are some modifications to accommodate the Roller Coaster aspect of the attraction.
uS-3A4AQIbNutkuvC2JS4sl-YexJBd1eby489Bp64CflfktPFlCkaqyYAgsXc_p1mGYx_eL8-0esFvG55-lmrO4MrnzUbj09gMzN38UN3n4TsW8hQ_PLX-G4cTNTT5XpIbFCRaIM

Attraction
This attraction is in a roller coaster that starts out as a screen ride, but then turns into a high speed coaster through New York. This attraction is a family friendly coaster. When you return, you go past a few more screens, and then you exit through the gift shop.

Load Station
You load and unload in a back alley behind the Ghostbusters firehouse. You enter your hearse, and you are off to the first show screen.

Screen One
This screen is still in the back alley. The screen has the Ghostbusters showing you some of their tools, including their new “Freeze Blaster” which can freeze the ghost and its surroundings in the air. As they are showing some of the new technology, Slimer and some of the Ghosts are here, and begin to chase The Ghostbusters and your car. They yell run, and you run out of that screen room.

Screen Two
You go fast past a giant screen which shows the Ghostbusters running from the ghosts. You eventually reach the next screen room.

Screen Three
This is showing a “fight sequence” between the ghostbusters and the ghosts, when suddenly one of the ghosts gets into the driver’s seat. He pushes the gas pedal, and you are off into the car. This launches you into the roller coaster ride building. As you exit, you hear the voices of the Ghostbusters yelling “No”, “We Got to Rescue Them”, etc.

Roller Coaster Scene
The roller coaster part is inside a giant show building. As you ride, you past various projections/screens of Famous sights in New York, being attacked by ghosts. It is similar to Rockin’ Roller Coaster.

Screen Four
Suddenly, you reach a stop, and lighting effects are on your car. You look outside the windows, and see that the Ghostbusters are using their “Freeze Blaster” to freeze the hearse. They bring you back down to the ground as you go down a drop into the next screen room.

Screen Five
The ghosts flies out of your car, using projections, and then goes to the screen. The screen then shows the ghostbusters fighting the ghosts, and then eventually captures them in a box, for their Ghostbusters Hall of Fame. They apologize for this recruitment process not going as planned, but tell them to apply, if they wish, in the Office when you exit.

Screens Six-Nine
You go past some screens showing famous sights of New York, and then you enter the unloading area.

Unload
You are in the same alley that you entered in, and you enter another entrance back into the firehouse.

Gift Shop
The gift shop is inside a different room in the firehouse. The gift shop sells generic Universal Studios merch, as well as a lot of Ghostbuster merch. It is called The Ghostbusters Ghostly Souvenirs. It was made by the Ghostbusters.

Next to the entrance to the gift shop from the ride, is a table with a new Ghostbusters Employee, asking people if they wanna be a ghostbuster. If they say yes, they ask to put their name and email, and are told that they will be emailed if they get recruited. But, nobody gets recruited and this email is used for Universal to email them updates.

That’s the ride! I’m sorry if it’s too detailed, or not detailed enough. This is the first competition I have ever participated in. Thanks so much! Can’t wait to see the results!

AceAstro

How To Train Your Dragon: Sky High!

AMGvEW2mDWCgVq82euz_kit3AFn_G50_X4iNVVWf7u1pwk318wxo1eTQxYdeCUICcp9CANJ-DJ7Jf7adk4-iSBNLTDCy62YUnu0dcd5iB0Lvma4vzyRPkCxL18Fh8sr6by1CjRUy

Back in 2010, we saw the success of How to Train Your Dragon released. 4 years later we got a sequel. With NBCUniversal in August of 2016, it brings along a 3rd film and a ride in Universal Orlando to go with it. The new attraction will take over Twister...Ride it Out in the New York area. To fit the proper theming, it will be moved from the New York area to Production Central. The reason for this will be more clear when I go through the pre-show area.

Pre-show/ Queue

The pre-show area will use the new virtual queue line system. It will have wait time blocks that you can setup on the app as well and spend time in this area or do other things around the park. In the bottom section of the queue will be concept art and designs of the different dragons and characters to show the production designs to help fit into Production Central. After moving upstairs to the secondary queue, you will get more information about what this attraction entails. Here we see Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III along with Toothless explaining how they just opened a new business next to Hiccup’s Workshop. This business is your chance to ride your very own dragon!!

LTPMuHvLWJspjzRyAdKfLlLNKQTwEe-Fsy40RDzfp2_aJgyjMWbvyCIHZrtTO8--JEO6c8u8X-1GU_Vs1j3SJPC4GTU6qZNE8TUREH6trxB72sWYK4ONNdSIhL9NikOfMQgX9tNJ

Ride

bXmwVrBRB6DuiXYLEiZhXBrbdq3saF6SlurDjBCOkP_JYfsTu9y3HeYt6dYSXRlz29TPd06ER8ClwQc7Y1mNw_4UYNJljmXMrqnJPTeK9i3QJQGikKJ5XouWUpPJYGZd5tPBExx9

The attraction will be a motion simulator like Star Tours. The ride vehicle will be similar to the image above but themed towards a dragon’s chest. People will be strapped in by their legs so they are still free to move around without being fully loose and dangerous. You will take off from the Isle of Berk and head over the sea.

DzXb6G2BSC-zZsy_9ER2_56qr_4kZ0_sFJyuf4VI2aCkElAfKx1MStfuY5PoPbwMhR-hmvpsgxGzqYUBJUaFCkwagyqqQdnvGqUmYB4r2i1WolbpJcHXSc3T0mLWSfavYW5QGuh5

You’ll fly in and around the towers and ships in the harbour before running into Toothless and the rest of the group before flying in unison back towards the mainland.

Exit

After exiting the ride, you leave entering a gift shop themed after Hiccup’s Workshop. This shop would contain all sorts of apparel and collectibles themed around the film franchise.

That's the attraction! Sorry it took so long to post one I was really fighting with myself about making a screen-based attraction haha​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom