1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

A Twist In Time 2 : The Sunshine Expedition - Challenge 6

Discussion in 'Imagineer' started by tcool123, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Pionmycake

Pionmycake Well-Known Member

Does it have to be an original Lego franchise or can it be a Lego version an existing franchise as long as it could legally be used in a Florida theme park (i.e. no Potter or DC or Marvel or Disney)?

tcool123, S.P.E.W and kmbmw777 like this.
  2. tcool123

tcool123 Well-Known Member Original Poster

You can do either or, but it sems as the LEGO Franchises of films are safe to go. The latest example is Star Wars throughout the park and even having a lego star war meet and greet

S.P.E.W likes this.
  3. Michel Lichand

Michel Lichand Active Member

Right. September 8th. Iiiiiiiii have no idea what to do since I know nothing about Legoland.

S.P.E.W and tcool123 like this.
  4. tcool123

I hate doing this, but I have waited long enough. A Twist in Time is being postponed indefinitely.

Why you may ask? Hurricane Irma which as it stands it seems like I'll be effected by this monster storm on most of its routes.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

However if something changes you will all be notified. Wish you the best, and if this hurricane does affect me hopefully this competition will be back online.

D Hindley and S.P.E.W like this.
  5. Magic Feather

Magic Feather Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear, and wish you all the safest. Currently in a similar situation, although, I would wait a bit longer to call it off, just in case it takes a sharp turn last minute :), but whatever you choose to do I respect. Also, would you mind if, regardless of comp happening or not, I posted my project for this round, just since I already put some time into it.

S.P.E.W, spacemt354 and tcool123 like this.
  6. tcool123

Really hoping for a sharp, and end up in a situation like Matthew last year. However the bands of Matthew threatened to take out the power.

But of course if you're finished/close to being done you can post.

I'm calling it so early for those that haven't started, or might rush to get something turned in. That way they're not disappointed if when they go to turn it in they found out they may not get anything out of it

S.P.E.W and spacemt354 like this.
  7. spacemt354

spacemt354 Chili's

Hope you stay safe, tcool - wishing you the best. While it's early in the storm-tracking process, it's understandable to take precautions.

Though is the game ending or just being delayed? With the many guest judges lined up per challenge - we'd probably be able to cover for you if the power goes out or something, so the game doesn't have to shut down completely. But ultimately, whatever you think is best is the way we'll go:)

8. Disney Dad 3000

Disney Dad 3000 Well-Known Member

You don't have to postpone just because I was thinking of signing up for this late. ;)
    In all seriousness, hope it ends up being minor and you guys are safe, We were actually supposed to be flying into WDW on the 8th staying til the 12th and I guess based on how that's looking at this time, glad the trip actually didn't work out.

9. Pionmycake

Pionmycake Well-Known Member

Stay safe! I haven't seen a hurricane like this come our way in a while. Hopefully it turns or weakens soon.

S.P.E.W likes this.
  10. tcool123

The game would be delayed, and the worst case scenario is I'll be gone for a week to a month. However I'm currently in talks with someone to temporarily take over. If all happens as planned the competition should continue as scheduled.

Eh it's gotten worse, it went up to a Cat 5. Im hoping if it comes it is a lower four/higher three. There's nothing I can do other than urge my parents to prepare for the worst possible situation. We bought three power banks for our phones, and my mom and I are gonna be leaving our apartment to ride it out at my grandma's house. We're gonna be taking our electronics with us, and whatever photos we find as that is the only thing f value at our apartment. (along with our lives).

My prayers go to those on the islands who have no way to escape, and must deal with Irma head on.

S.P.E.W likes this.
  11. tcool123

It is with great pleasure in which I announce that @kmbmw777 will be acting as host of A Twist in Time 2 : The Sunshine Expedition. @kmbmw777 will be host until I am able to access to the internet once again rather it be only be next Monday, or in two weeks. Thankfully thanks to advance planning the majority of the challenges have been created as well as guest judges already ready to judge. In other words A Twist in Time 2: The Sunshine Expedition is no longer postponed!

If a contestant will be affected by Irma, or thinks they will be affected please contact me (until Friday at 6PM EST) or @kmbmw777 .

12. JokersWild

JokersWild Well-Known Member

Is the project still due Friday or is it being pushed back?

S.P.E.W and kmbmw777 like this.
  13. tcool123

Everything will continue as scheduled. The first bonus and first challenge will both still be due this Friday.

spacemt354, S.P.E.W and kmbmw777 like this.
  14. tcool123

@AceAstro
    @Magic Feather
    @Sam4D23
    @JokersWild

Sam4D23, spacemt354, S.P.E.W and 2 others like this.
  15. tcool123

@AimYourBrent
    @QuillPenn
    @StevenU
    @Disneylover152

16. tcool123

@Pionmycake
    @CreateDisney
    @Michel Lichand

17. AceAstro

AceAstro Well-Known Member

I guess that means I should stop procrastinating??

18. tcool123

That would be ideal.

S.P.E.W likes this.
  19. AceAstro

AceAstro Well-Known Member

Just a quick question location-wise. Do we have to use the same land that The World of Chima uses or can we use other land/ close other attractions if we feel like our proposal will work better there?

tcool123 and S.P.E.W like this.
  20. kmbmw777

kmbmw777 Well-Known Member

I am going to go with yes - use the chima land. If tcool or the other judges disagree use their word over mine. lol

tcool123, S.P.E.W and AceAstro like this.