A Twist In Time 2 : The Sunshine Expedition - Challenge 6

tcool123

Original Poster
Does it have to be an original Lego franchise or can it be a Lego version an existing franchise as long as it could legally be used in a Florida theme park (i.e. no Potter or DC or Marvel or Disney)?
You can do either or, but it sems as the LEGO Franchises of films are safe to go. The latest example is Star Wars throughout the park and even having a lego star war meet and greet

tcool123

Original Poster
I hate doing this, but I have waited long enough. A Twist in Time is being postponed indefinitely.

Why you may ask? Hurricane Irma which as it stands it seems like I'll be effected by this monster storm on most of its routes.
di3zfc1xkaafpbq-1504522446.jpg

at201711_5day.gif

However if something changes you will all be notified. Wish you the best, and if this hurricane does affect me hopefully this competition will be back online.

Magic Feather

I hate doing this, but I have waited long enough. A Twist in Time is being postponed indefinitely.

Why you may ask? Hurricane Irma which as it stands it seems like I'll be effected by this monster storm on most of its routes.

at201711_5day.gif

However if something changes you will all be notified. Wish you the best, and if this hurricane does affect me hopefully this competition will be back online.
Sorry to hear, and wish you all the safest. Currently in a similar situation, although, I would wait a bit longer to call it off, just in case it takes a sharp turn last minute :), but whatever you choose to do I respect. Also, would you mind if, regardless of comp happening or not, I posted my project for this round, just since I already put some time into it.

tcool123

Original Poster
Sorry to hear, and wish you all the safest. Currently in a similar situation, although, I would wait a bit longer to call it off, just in case it takes a sharp turn last minute :), but whatever you choose to do I respect. Also, would you mind if, regardless of comp happening or not, I posted my project for this round, just since I already put some time into it.
Really hoping for a sharp, and end up in a situation like Matthew last year. However the bands of Matthew threatened to take out the power.

But of course if you're finished/close to being done you can post.

I'm calling it so early for those that haven't started, or might rush to get something turned in. That way they're not disappointed if when they go to turn it in they found out they may not get anything out of it

spacemt354

Chili's
Hope you stay safe, tcool - wishing you the best. While it's early in the storm-tracking process, it's understandable to take precautions.

Though is the game ending or just being delayed? With the many guest judges lined up per challenge - we'd probably be able to cover for you if the power goes out or something, so the game doesn't have to shut down completely. But ultimately, whatever you think is best is the way we'll go:)

Disney Dad 3000

at201711_5day.gif

You don't have to postpone just because I was thinking of signing up for this late. ;)
In all seriousness, hope it ends up being minor and you guys are safe, We were actually supposed to be flying into WDW on the 8th staying til the 12th and I guess based on how that's looking at this time, glad the trip actually didn't work out.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes

at201711_5day.gif

Stay safe! I haven't seen a hurricane like this come our way in a while. Hopefully it turns or weakens soon.

tcool123

Original Poster
Though is the game ending or just being delayed? With the many guest judges lined up per challenge - we'd probably be able to cover for you if the power goes out or something, so the game doesn't have to shut down completely. But ultimately, whatever you think is best is the way we'll go:)
The game would be delayed, and the worst case scenario is I'll be gone for a week to a month. However I'm currently in talks with someone to temporarily take over. If all happens as planned the competition should continue as scheduled.

Stay safe! I haven't seen a hurricane like this come our way in a while. Hopefully it turns or weakens soon.
Eh it's gotten worse, it went up to a Cat 5. Im hoping if it comes it is a lower four/higher three. There's nothing I can do other than urge my parents to prepare for the worst possible situation. We bought three power banks for our phones, and my mom and I are gonna be leaving our apartment to ride it out at my grandma's house. We're gonna be taking our electronics with us, and whatever photos we find as that is the only thing f value at our apartment. (along with our lives).

My prayers go to those on the islands who have no way to escape, and must deal with Irma head on.

tcool123

Original Poster
It is with great pleasure in which I announce that @kmbmw777 will be acting as host of A Twist in Time 2 : The Sunshine Expedition. @kmbmw777 will be host until I am able to access to the internet once again rather it be only be next Monday, or in two weeks. Thankfully thanks to advance planning the majority of the challenges have been created as well as guest judges already ready to judge. In other words A Twist in Time 2: The Sunshine Expedition is no longer postponed!

If a contestant will be affected by Irma, or thinks they will be affected please contact me (until Friday at 6PM EST) or @kmbmw777 .

tcool123

Original Poster
It is with great pleasure in which I announce that @kmbmw777 will be acting as host of A Twist in Time 2 : The Sunshine Expedition. @kmbmw777 will be host until I am able to access to the internet once again rather it be only be next Monday, or in two weeks. Thankfully thanks to advance planning the majority of the challenges have been created as well as guest judges already ready to judge. In other words A Twist in Time 2: The Sunshine Expedition is no longer postponed!

If a contestant will be affected by Irma, or thinks they will be affected please contact me (until Friday at 6PM EST) or @kmbmw777 .
Is the project still due Friday or is it being pushed back?
Everything will continue as scheduled. The first bonus and first challenge will both still be due this Friday.
@AceAstro
@Magic Feather
@Sam4D23
@JokersWild

tcool123

Original Poster

Everything will continue as scheduled. The first bonus and first challenge will both still be due this Friday.
@AimYourBrent
@QuillPenn
@StevenU
@Disneylover152

tcool123

Original Poster

@Pionmycake
@CreateDisney
@Michel Lichand

AceAstro

Challenge 1 – LEGO™ Theme Park Set
A Nonelimination Challenge

2013.07.02_LEGOLANDWORLDOFCHIMA_300.jpg

Welcome one and all to A Twist in Time 2 : The Sunshine Expedition! Joining us on our time back in time is @DisneyForever . Where are we going, you may ask? Well our first stop is in Winter Haven, 2012 to pitch some ideas for a new expansion to the popular Legoland Florida Park. These ideas are aimed to take off the stress for the more popular rides throughout the park, while offering a new and fun family experience.

Like always there is a catch, and the one here relates to the theme of the attraction. In order to convince the folks at Legoland to avoid their newest franchise, World of Chima, you must pitch something based on an active or legacy franchise. What is considered an active franchise? An active franchise in Legoland's eyes is a set that has been up and running since 2012. While a legacy franchise is one from the past that has run for four or more consecutive years. To aid you in your decision of the franchise we have procured a list from a very 'reputable' source: Wikipedia. You may chose any franchise that is current or discontinued as long as it meets the criteria above.

Time travellers you have until September 8th, Friday to complete this project. It will be due at 11:59 PM. If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask me. Good luck travellers, and may the brick be with you.​

Just a quick question location-wise. Do we have to use the same land that The World of Chima uses or can we use other land/ close other attractions if we feel like our proposal will work better there?

kmbmw777

Hi all! As you have probably have heard, I will be temporarily replacing tcool as the host of this game during Hurricane Irma. It is my pleasure to help my friend out with this, and if you have any questions to ask, feel free to post them here or PM me, and I will reply with an answer ASAP!

tcool123

Original Poster
Just a quick question location-wise. Do we have to use the same land that The World of Chima uses or can we use other land/ close other attractions if we feel like our proposal will work better there?
Since its pretty late, and this challenge has been pretty hectic. I say go the more blue sky approach, and use whatever land you had in mind. As long as it doesn't replace an attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom