A Twist In Time 2 : Discussion Thread

spacemt354

Chili's
Circa Opening Day Map of DAK
d62716f75aebdbd653640df6cd2ab4a7.jpg

Dinoland U.S.A. to me from the start has been kind of limited based on the backstory they set up. You're never actually in the time-period of the Dinosaurs, everything takes place afterwards when the dinosaurs are extinct. Maybe they did that so it wouldn't be comparable to Jurassic Park, who knows, but you can't have sprawling vistas from the Cretaceous period because it wouldn't fit with the time period. If the premise was that the land was set 65 million years ago, they have a lot more to build off of.
Excavator.jpg

With The Excavator, it probably would have been awesome, but at the same time, we probably wouldn't have gotten Everest 4 years later.

With Pandora set almost 200 years in the future, timelines in DAK can shift, so if they ever wanted to redo Dinoland - I would try to set it 65 million years ago so it can more naturally blend into the rainforest transitioning off Discovery Island. I doubt that will ever happen because that would take so much investment only to not add to the attraction count in the park (just replace)

tcool123

Original Poster
As a little plug if anyone wants to see
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/imagineering-future-community-projects.931741/

Also as a sidenote - I tried to abbreviate Twist in Time like The Sole Imagineer = TSI.... well -- I couldn't on a family forum, and let's just say that acronym is something for Sean Connery in Celebrity Jeopardy :hilarious:
:hilarious:
I guess it's the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor and All Star Sports of the Imagineering forums. Because those acronyms are very interesting to say the least.

For an abbreviation maybe TT? cutting out the i of in?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Question of the Day - Thursday August 31st
Favorite place to relax in a Disney Resort?
Spent a lot of time in the parks finding quiet spots to relax during my college program.

In Magic Kingdom back row of either Tiki Room or Country Bears is the best spot to relax for a quick get away. Tom Sawyer Island for a longer time to relax.

In Epcot the best spot is the Seas ride/pavilion.

In Hollywood it is the area by the exit of Muppets and in Pizzarizzo.

My absolute favorite spot though is the walking trail behind the tree of Life in Animal Kingdom. It's quiet and out of the way with some beautiful scenery.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Question of the Day - Saturday September 2nd
What is one land in a Disney Park that you think needs the most improvement and why?
Animation Courtyard in Hollywood Studios has been said here already,but I gotta agree. It's an incredibly dated Little Mermaid show (I absolutely love that show, but it needs an update or replacement bad), a toddler show (one I found surprisingly enjoyable but one that also makes little to no effort to appeal to more than very young kids), and it's flagship attraction is a museum of stuff for a predominantly live action franchise. Animation Courtyard is anchored by a live action franchise right now.

Animation Courtyard needs an overhaul, update, or retheme once star wars land opens. For all the problems Dinoland has, at least it has a consistent and intricate theme woven throughout the whole land.

Disney Dad 3000

As a little plug if anyone wants to see
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/imagineering-future-community-projects.931741/

Also as a sidenote - I tried to abbreviate Twist in Time like The Sole Imagineer = TSI.... well -- I couldn't on a family forum, and let's just say that acronym is something for Sean Connery in Celebrity Jeopardy :hilarious:

Haha. I caught myself the other day with that when we were pm'ing and I was like, hmm, yeah, maybe I should just spell it out

D Hulk

Question of the Day - Thursday August 31st
Favorite place to relax in a Disney Resort?
West Coast Edition: The Carthay Circle Lounge in DCA. Several of the bartenders there actually know me by name. Not sure that it's a good thing being a regular at a theme park bar.

Question of the Day - Wednesday August 30th
Favorite theme/amusement park other than a Disney Park?
!
Cedar Point. It's entirely nothing like a Disney park, with no more theming than you'd find in your average outdoor mall, but the thrill ride collection outdoes anything else I've ever encountered, and I live an hour from Magic Mountain.

Runner up: Knott's Berry Farm

D Hulk

Question of the Day - Sunday September 3rd
Best place to go in a Disney Park when it rains?
Splash Mountain.

Yes, that's a serious answer. It's also a "0% humidity Southern California" answer. Rain is enough of a novelty out here, I like to revel in it! Besides, the queues all but vanish. The same goes for things like the Matterhorn. The rains really make for a unique new ride experience!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Question of the Day - Sunday September 3rd
Best place to go in a Disney Park when it rains?
To me, there's something special about a walk around the World Showcase while you get soaked in the rain. Plenty of puddles to splash in, nothing close for rain, and the showcase is usually pretty empty in the rain giving you plenty of freedom to just explore.

Disney Dad 3000

To me, there's something special about a walk around the World Showcase while you get soaked in the rain. Plenty of puddles to splash in, nothing close for rain, and the showcase is usually pretty empty in the rain giving you plenty of freedom to just explore.

We had that as an unplanned experience our last trip in june while trying to get to the Int'l gateway. Glad I was wearing flip flops that day.

spacemt354

Chili's
For me, my unpopular opinion is that I like WDW's Space Mountain the best, even though I have been on Disneyland's. I know it's outdated, but there is something about the music, the click clack of the track, and it being the original with the peoplemover going through it that makes it a classic. (I also like the Matterhorn for similar reasons, even though there are other attractions at DLR that are better)

AceAstro

Question of the Day - Monday September 4th (Happy Labor Day!)
What's one unpopular Disney opinion that you have?
My unpopular opinion is that I don't get the hype around Peter Pan. To me, it is just another Fantasyland Dark Ride with just a different vehicle layout. It is not worth the hour plus wait for me when I can go on something like Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (if I am in DLR) with hardly any wait.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom