A Twist In Time 2 : Discussion Thread

Disney Dad 3000

Don't think I've ever been to Flametree (if I have it was a long time ago) - have to check that out next time!

I got a few good pics from the Wilderness Lodge on the last trip including that one, and I made an actual trip report for it will all the other pics if anyone wants to see. http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/our-tours-the-adventures-continue.929779/

I like it. Always feel like I get fairly decent value ($10 I think) for my sandwich and beans. Plus it's not too bad of a walk to wind your way down behind it and gaze out over the lake, EE, etc

AceAstro

Question of the Day - Friday September 1st
Least favorite Disney attraction?
Close between TriceraTop Spin and Primeval Whirl... I am not a big fan of spinners in the first place (Seem like a cheap fix to me) so that part hurts it a little for me and then the same idea with a crazy mouse coaster (feel the same way about Goofy's Sky School in DCA but that whole area of the park struggles so it gets a pass for now) but this whole mini land in DinoLand U.S.A. is just rough. It breaks my heart when you see some of the original concept art for that area... Thanks, Disneyland Paris :oops:

spacemt354

Chili's
Aladdin magic carpet/triceratops spin
tiki%20bird%20area%20without%20aladdin.jpg

Suchomimus

Question of the Day - Saturday September 2nd
What is one land in a Disney Park that you think needs the most improvement and why?
Tomorrowland in Disneyland. Although I've never been to Disneyland, from what I've seen, it's a crowded nightmare and completely outdated. I was going to put down Toontown, but I'm not sure if that will last any longer.

D Hulk

What is one land in a Disney Park that you think needs the most improvement and why?
Without a doubt it's the Backlot at Walt Disney Studios Park in Paris. The place is basically a Wal*Mart parking lot with slightly more trees and Frenchmen. If it weren't for the Ratatouille miniland, I'd say every "land" of WDSP is worse than the worst Disney land anyplace else.

mickeyfan5534

Without a doubt it's the Backlot at Walt Disney Studios Park in Paris. The place is basically a Wal*Mart parking lot with slightly more trees and Frenchmen. If it weren't for the Ratatouille miniland, I'd say every "land" of WDSP is worse than the worst Disney land anyplace else.
Ditto. WDSP is the one park I would never step foot in if it weren't for Mickey et le Magicien, which is the crowning jewel of the resort. The sooner it's fixed, the better.

JokersWild

Dinoland U.S.A. has potential but is just a carnival and a side area that is well themed. It could be so much more.
It's moments like this where I feel like the one person who genuinely appreciates Dino-Rama.

I know that it's cheating, but I'd say Echo Lake, or Animation Courtyard. Both have had an identity crisis for years, and Echo Lake especially needs something to justify the space (other than 50s Prime Time)

JokersWild

I get there's a story behind it and reason for being there, but it feels genuinely cheap compared to the rest of the park. The Excavator and Dinosaur would have made a great one two punch for the land.
I totally get it. It does look very cheap, but I just love how purposeful every choice of theming (to the point of designing a parking lot for the land to go on top of) and oddly intricate the land is. It feels like your in this awful roadside attraction in the middle of the desert. Unfortunately, the Imagineers for some reason didn't realize that that's the opposite of what Disney is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom