A Trip In september

disneytopdog

I have gone the past 3 years, different weeks in September. It is the best time of the year to go IMHO. Crowds are light, you get free food(if you stay onsite), I refuse to go any other time of the year. It is a little on the humid side. But I am used to that. You will have an awesome time. Have fun and see you there!!!!

Upvote 0

Aurora23

I second the light crowd comment. But I do believe the table service restaurants are a little more crowded. Even though the parks seem tame. So, if you want a certain place, reserve it right away.
Still a little hot, but I love going at this time. I will be there Sept 21-29! See you there!

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

Im Heading Off to Disney on the 13th September for 2 weeks what are the crowds usually like for that time of the year?
Thanx In Advance :)
I have researched it since we are going 9/8-9/16 & have never been at that time & everyone says that the crowds are not bad at all.
Just watch out for the restaurant crowds b'cause free dining is being offered in Sept.!:eek:
Can't wait to go!!!:D
:wave:

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

I have gone the past 3 years, different weeks in September. It is the best time of the year to go IMHO. Crowds are light, you get free food(if you stay onsite), I refuse to go any other time of the year. It is a little on the humid side. But I am used to that. You will have an awesome time. Have fun and see you there!!!!
What about the wait for attractions?:veryconfu
We have only been during the summer, so we are used to long lines, especially at major attractions.

Upvote 0

Mickey&Minnie

we personally have never been during this time but since we are going this year in September, I did some research also. Many said that the waits are very short infact the most I could get for a wait time was 25 min. for Soarin'.
I can't imagine that since every time we go the wait for that is atleast an hour, even when we went there the week after Thanksgiving.
We can't wait and I hope you enjoy your trip as much as we hope to.

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

I'm going this Sept and I can't wait to see how the crowds compare. From what I hear...they are not bad at all...as others have stated. So, I'm really excited to see what it really is like.

Upvote 0

Glasgow

Same here -- never been in September before. I'm very curious about the crowd levels and more importantly how much I'm going to enjoy a week off of work. Booyah!!

Upvote 0

figmentfan

September is AWESOME!

The crowds after Labor Day are very lite. The parks are dead. Watch out for the weekend with Night of Joy, Magic Kingdom closes early and there is alot of Church groups around Disney at that time. Also, crowds pick up during the Food and Wine Festival at the end of the month. Overall, September is the best time to go to Disney. Little or no wait on attractions, except for Soarin, always a wait for that ride.

Only live an HOUR away now, I can go see Illuminations after work, COOL!

Upvote 0

DarrenLevesley

Original Poster
Thanx for all the Advice Guys And Gals :) Im pleased the crowds are still light (When I use to go with my Parents, we always if possible tried to go in September, My Last Visit was 1999)
Dont think im Staying Onsite at Disney, But you never know.

Upvote 0

Abraham's Mommy

My husband, son and I are going 9/13-9/19 and staying at POFQ. We are very excited as it is the first trip with our 15 month old son. I have been to WDW in September before and it is the most pleasant time of year. What is all this talk about free dining?

Upvote 0

AEfx

It's a wonderful time of the year to visit. Attraction waits are about as low as they get these days (though January probably beats it, but not by much). The first MNSSHP's are happening, and although it may seem early to celebrate Halloween they are a blast and the ones in Sept. are usually less busy because the locals haven't gotten in the mood yet (the parties are one of the few events where locals really register).

As others have pointed out, though, it is prime free dining time, so YOU MUST HAVE ADRs. If you don't, you will not eat sit-down. It is highly recommended any time of the year, but a lot of the time you can go by the skin of your teeth if you want to eat early or eat late or at unpopular places. But you absolutely will not (okay, you have a .00000001% chance...never say never) of walking up and eating at ANY Theme Park sit-down. It just won't happen.

I'll be there for 2-3 weeks in September (going to do the last P&P and the 1st MNSSHP), and I'm planning a few sit-down lunches (Sci-Fi, LTT, Plaza), but that's it 'cause I just don't want to fight the crowds. It's worth it to get free food, but since I won't be on the plan (AP/off-site) my strategy is to avoid.

AEfx

Upvote 0

Sleepy01

I've gone in September 3 or the last 4 years & as the others have said the crowds are pretty light. It seems to have gotten a little more crowded each year, but that means a 10 minute wait for POTC rather than it being a walk on.

It is hot but that makes the water parks that much better.

I've been there during free dining and while the restaurants seemed more crowded we did not have any trouble getting in by walking up. We called Chef Mickey's the day or two before and were able to get a reservation for breakfast. My family and I don't really have any 'must do' restaurants though so I would advise if you do that you go the ADR route. Better to be safe than sorry.

Upvote 0

AEfx

I've been there during free dining and while the restaurants seemed more crowded we did not have any trouble getting in by walking up.

You walked up to theme park restaurants and were seated without ADR's during free dining?

Please, please scrape some luck off of your family, put it in an envelope, and mail it to me - you guys sound like lucky theme park ducks, LOL.

AEfx

Upvote 0

Sleepy01

cofloyd - If I remember correctly the luggage tags etc. arrive 2 or 3 weeks prior to your departure date.

AEfx - Sending you our luck virtually! We have been extremely lucky. The restaurants I remember walking up to were Plaza @ MK, Rose & Crown @ Epcot and Sci-Fi @ MGM. We were able to get breakfast ADRs @ Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace by calling the day before.

Again I don't advise any other board members to roll the dice this way. We are going the 2nd week of December this year and I am afraid I've jinxed myself now. :)

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

Im Heading Off to Disney on the 13th September for 2 weeks what are the crowds usually like for that time of the year?
Thanx In Advance :)
I have only been during the summer.
But, we are going this Sept.
I have heard that the crowds are lighter compared to summer crowds.
But, since free dining is being offered in Sept., the TS & CS restaurants will be crowded.
Just make sure you have reservations for your TS meals!

Upvote 0
Our favorite time to go is September. So far we have not had an issue with crowds, even when free dining is offered. We are AP holders and find that September is the best time to go. It's still hot, but it seems to be tolerable. I don't ever recall having to wait a really long time for anything....maybe 20 minutes at the most. So far, knock on wood, we have dodged all of the hurricane activity during the month of September. We go every year for our anniversary which is Sept 17th. This year we will be there Sept 15th - Sept. 23rd.

Upvote 0
This will be the third year in a row that we will be in Disneyworld in September.
We arrive Sept. 16 for twelve nights at the Pop Century. The crowds in the park are not bad at all, the weather is still nice and hot (with a downpour now and then to cool you off).
The only two downsides to September seems to be one: because of the Free Dining I was unable to get a dinner at LeCellier on this upcoming trip because to many other people got in their reservations first, (at least I did get a lunch there) & two: the amount of Love Bugs, last year there where so may that after parking my sons stroller for a show or attraction I would have to clean hundreds of them from the stroller not 1/4 of an hour later.
Have a great trip, maybe we will bump into you when we are there.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom