A Terror-rific Spirited 13th (ToT fans have lots to fear)...

DinoInstitute

Another tell tale signs that you are entering an E Ticket is the facade.
haunted-mansion-00.jpg

indiana-jones-adventure-tokyo-japan-may-aztec-pyramid-tokyo-disneysea-enhanced-motion-vehicle-dark-ride-attraction-51694898.jpg

filename-dscn3227-jpg.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
You forgot this glorious grand E facade:
IMG_5790.JPG

Jones14

I do have to say that as far as this year goes, the parks are pretty much even in terms of investment. Disney's additions are smaller but numerous, while Universal's are larger but few in number. This makes sense considering where each resort stands right now.

Uni is coming off of a major expansion, so they're trying to make their new customers come back for more with a flashy follow-up ride to solidify their multi-day destination status, and Disney is in the middle of major expansions, so they're improving infrastructure and spreading out capacity for the crowds to come.

Granted, that's way oversimplifying things, but at the end of the day, the resorts don't always share the exact same day to day goals, so it's not really fair to judge them as they are. Quality is one thing, but you can't judge scope unless it's a 1/1 match (I.E. Diagon Alley vs. Pandora).

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Indeed opinions differ.

We rode Kong twice during a recent trip. Can't wait to ride twice again.

We rode Frozenstrom. That was enough for ever. We didn't ride Mine Train last year at all.

Epcot is a travesty. Without even comparing EPCOT Center. It needs everything proposed with nothing cut. As a good start. DHS is an embarrassing mish mash. It will still need more. DAK is and still will be lacking as a theme park. MK hits the highs then crashes to the lows.

For the record we must do CoP, Tiki, CBJ and SSE multiple times each trip. And BTM. And Tower. And Kilimanjaro. And I think Comcast using synergy in Fallon is a disaster.

Yes the Fallon ride is likely to be worse than the one it replaced 'Twister' which is one of my all time favorite movies having done a bit of storm chasing myself...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
No, what I was saying is, if TDO had gone through with the original plan for 7DMT, it would have been an E Ticket. And it still would not have included a 425' vertical drop. The exact opposite of what you think I was saying. I don't think there needs to be a thrill component to an E Ticket. I think that one of Universal's best, most immersive E Tickets allows infant lap seating and adults can drink beer while riding.

BB_Hogwarts_express_1_tcm13-52910.jpg

I'm just saying that 7DMT could have easily have been an E Ticket and have been no more thrilling than it is now. Disney chose not to build that ride. They went with the "good enough" version.

Exactly - 7DMT was DESIGNED as an E-ticket, TDO cut it down to it's current C-ticket status E-Ticket != Thrill Ride E-Ticket equals IMMERSIVE ENVIRONMENT See PoTC and KS for examples.

Sir_Cliff

Yet if TDO had ALLOWED WDI to build the ride shown in the early pitch (I think Martin has a copy of the 3D Ride Thru video) Little Mermaid would have been an E-ticket for the ages and the attraction the movie deserved.
Honestly, if it was at the level of Frozen Ever After I think they would have been fine. As it is, I feel sorry for people who see that facade and massive queue and imagine they must be in for something pretty, pretty good.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Honestly, if it was at the level of Frozen Ever After I think they would have been fine. As it is, I feel sorry for people who see that facade and massive queue and imagine they must be in for something pretty, pretty good.

Hopefully someone puts up a link to that video. If it had been done like the video it would have been a mind blowing ride.

No Name

I don't get the fascination with that concept.

Apart from having a horrendous capacity (probably near a third of what the final version has), it looks like a glorified Peter Pan's Flight. Neat, might be slightly better than what we got, but nothing worth writing home about. Plus, it's still got the simple spinning animatronics that people love complaining over.

So, I ask, what is so appealing about it?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

Apart from having a horrendous capacity (about a third of what the final version has), it looks like a glorified Peter Pan's Flight. Neat, might be slightly better than what we got, but nothing worth writing home about. Plus, it's still got the simple spinning animatronics that people love complaining over.

A better show scene with Ursula.

brb1006

Apart from having a horrendous capacity (probably near a third of what the final version has), it looks like a glorified Peter Pan's Flight. Neat, might be slightly better than what we got, but nothing worth writing home about. Plus, it's still got the simple spinning animatronics that people love complaining over.

They could have used the same ride style as Tokyo's 20,00 Leagues Under The Sea attraction but with a mix of The Little Mermaid

brb1006

The Ursula show scene

Sir_Cliff

I will admit that version with the same level of figures as the ones we got would be an improvement, but still below what they should be doing. At least, though, the suspended shell and the two-level sets through which you move above and under the sea is kind of cool. And, yes, the Ursula scene.

yellowrocket

C is being generous...lol though I will say adding the animatronics to the finale really help make it feel more substantial...

And, don't forget "If you had wings..." wasn't even an A Ticket. It was free.

For a Disney fan WEDway was the original name for the peoplemover, WED == Walter Elias Disney

Someone correct me if I'm wrong - I was under the impression that Disneyland's version was always "The Peoplemover"; whereas, Walt Disney World had the "WEDway Peoplemover".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom